Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Just the LCFC help email. Provided the email isn’t offensive or derogatory they’re sharing it.

Also as long as it doesn't have the following key words contained in the email:

Brendan, 

Rodgers,

Rogers (for those who forget the d)

Rogered,

BR,

Shite,

Crap, 

Bluffer,

Awful,

Bad,

Disgrace, 

Board,

Sideways, 

Bottom,

Lose again,

I'm done,

Never going again,

Any dictionary word, or meaning, or slang word, adding upto being bad.

It will be read and forwarded to the Board.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if Fofana had not been allowed to go, he would be on strike right now!!!

With a player pushing to leave and the club having to address the situation (at least a year earlier than they anticipated) we had to try to get the best deal that we could.

We have not been undermining Rodgers, with or without Fofana, the performances would still have been the same, he had started to go backwards with us.

Not sure how anyone can view Rodgers as the martyr in this scenario. 

No. My friend. I'm not painting him as a martyr at all. But the fact is, he is not the ultimate chooser of players into the club.i imagine there are perhaps 2 above him who get that gig. Just imagine, like my son once shared with me, you are the manager of a shop. Suddenly a young lad 18, is drafted in by head office. He is a relative of the the big boss above. He wants him to learn ropes. So it's said. But the lad turns in when he wants. No want for authority. Pain in arse. But can't be sacked. My son got sack for complaining. So was completely undermined. Whether we like to look at it or not, I think this sort of thing has happened a lot. Fcuk knows the cags story. There is one. Common sense tells us that.i wonder. Did cags learn from kasper and Vards in going direct to Top?  When a book comes out in the future we are going to hear what has gone on. I think Top and Brendan are playing blink. Basically. Top. Don't like it? Resign. Of course a legally binding contract is saying back. You sack me.

47 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...most of what you have said is well known, Kasper had Top's ear!!!

He (Kasper) would have spoken to Top regarding any dispute with Rodgers. Top in this instance did not see eye to eye with Kasper, hence he went out at the first opportunity. 

Going  back to my take on the situation,  Top will never sack Rodgers,  he would rather take relegation and take all the blame for it. I would think short of embezzlement there is no way Rodgers leaves without him walking away. This will have nothing to do with brinkmanship, although it might seem like that.

Lovely post. Thanks. Kind I like to read.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He (Kasper) would have spoken to Top regarding any dispute with Rodgers. Top in this instance did not see eye to eye with Kasper, hence he went out at the first opportunity. 

Going  back to my take on the situation,  Top will never sack Rodgers,  he would rather take relegation and take all the blame for it. I would think short of embezzlement there is no way Rodgers leaves without him walking away. This will have nothing to do with brinkmanship, although it might seem like that.

If and it’s a big if your right then actually coming out and backing him would make some sense.

personally think it is a big mistake but rather than have speculation I would rather he came out and backed him fully which would send some messages to players as some of them are not putting it in !!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

If and it’s a big if your right then actually coming out and backing him would make some sense.

personally think it is a big mistake but rather than have speculation I would rather he came out and backed him fully which would send some messages to players as some of them are not putting it in !!

Maybe we need a fluffer

you dont run a  business with emotions, the first time you do, you are sunk

Your take seems to be utterly nuts on the face of it. What's the benefit/loss calculation Top's doing here?

15 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Your take seems to be utterly nuts on the face of it. What's the benefit/loss calculation Top's doing here?

....the benefit would be holding to his word, there is no real loss calculation, and he gave his word regarding the "refresh" it did not happen, Top is making up for that!!!

Top's words and principles would override any after-effects or negative outcomes.

We have seen exceptional results against us and yet there has been no consequence, managers with better form have been sacked this season, and he (Rodgers) is not going anywhere until he decides to walk himself.

Is £10 million the sum needed to pay him off? I get the feeling that ousting Rodgers and his crew might indeed be a lot more than that. If its closer to £20 m. that is a  major stumbling block, especially if it has to be paid upfront. You get the feeling that when Rodgers's contract was renewed , the club caved in to his every demand.

I am totally baffled why we haven’t sacked BR yet! The only logical reason remaining is that we are waiting for the World Cup break. This will give Top time to bring someone in and work with the team over a period of time, before we restart the season and give the new manager time to assess the team ready for the January transfer window. Personally I think this could be too late, however that the only logic I can hold onto now☹️

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Is £10 million the sum needed to pay him off? I get the feeling that ousting Rodgers and his crew might indeed be a lot more than that. If its closer to £20 m. that is a  major stumbling block, especially if it has to be paid upfront. You get the feeling that when Rodgers's contract was renewed , the club caved in to his every demand.

....it will be nowhere near £20m, his salary is less than £10m a year and his backroom staff would be on a pittance in comparison!!!

It would be £10 -12m tops, we can afford it, Top chooses not to pull the trigger, that is all there is to it.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the benefit would be holding to his word, there is no real loss calculation, and he gave his word regarding the "refresh" it did not happen, Top is making up for that!!!

Top's words and principles would override any after-effects or negative outcomes.

We have seen exceptional results against us and yet there has been no consequence, managers with better form have been sacked this season, and he (Rodgers) is not going anywhere until he decides to walk himself.

'Top's honour' might explain the extended chance Rodgers has been given to turn it around', but I'm not buying that it would stretch much further.  And the idea he would keep Rodgers if we lost, say, the next 10 games (or that Rodgers would walk before he did) is not plausible IMO.

We either get better or one of us gets proved wrong...

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

'Top's honour' might explain the extended chance Rodgers has been given to turn it around', but I'm not buying that it would stretch much further.  And the idea he would keep Rodgers if we lost, say, the next 10 games (or that Rodgers would walk before he did) is not plausible IMO.

We either get better or one of us gets proved wrong...

I agree. I think honour and pride play a big part in Top and his families lives, but he isn't going to cut his nose to spite his face. I think Top is giving Rodgers upto the WC break and then will assess and make a decision. 

5 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I agree. I think honour and pride play a big part in Top and his families lives, but he isn't going to cut his nose to spite his face. I think Top is giving Rodgers upto the WC break and then will assess and make a decision. 

I don’t know if up to WC I have a feeling if we lose ugly on Saturday I think Top will be handing Brendan His P45,  I recon we have a replacement waiting in the wings for Brendan to lose 1 more game & I'm really hoping it’s Pochettino & not old Ginger Croakey voiced Dyche !

53 minutes ago, S1ddo71 said:

A cover of Enge's Please Release Me? One could only hope.

At the moment he’s releasing a remixed remodelled version of Rick Astleys hit single but he’s remastering it with these lyrics

“ Your never gonna let me go never gonna say goodbye or it’s gonna cost ya Ten Mill or a bit more your gonna be really Fuched gonna be really Fuched good old FFP is with me !!” 

Think that is so awful it could win Euro5H1ttyVision !:frantics::frusty::thumbdown:

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1