Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I don’t know if up to WC I have a feeling if we lose ugly on Saturday I think Top will be handing Brendan His P45,  I recon we have a replacement waiting in the wings for Brendan to lose 1 more game & I'm really hoping it’s Pochettino & not old Ginger Croakey voiced Dyche !

I've thought that since Brighton. I've given up hoping.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I've thought that since Brighton. I've given up hoping.

Yeah I'm the same, keeping thinking surely the next collapse will spell the end, but it just carries on, if Southampton or Brighton or Spurs or Bournemouth weren't enough, after the similar results at the tail end of last season, what will be enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

I agree. I think honour and pride play a big part in Top and his families lives, but he isn't going to cut his nose to spite his face. I think Top is giving Rodgers upto the WC break and then will assess and make a decision. 

...it makes no sense to give him this leeway unless you are prepared to give him the whole season!!!

You can see there is no trepidation from Top, little visual concern or attendance at games, he is committed to a policy of allowing Rodgers the chance to restart with the refresh that he, Rodgers stated that he needed and Khun Top endorsed in statements.

Come to the break, we would be almost halfway through the season, how crazy would it be if you feared relegation, and sought to play Russian roulette? He (Khun Top), in my opinion, has already come to terms with the possibility and made peace with it. It doesn't help us, but in this situation, we are not foremost in the argument.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Yeah I'm the same, keeping thinking surely the next collapse will spell the end, but it just carries on, if Southampton or Brighton or Spurs or Bournemouth weren't enough, after the similar results at the tail end of last season, what will be enough.

Makes you think really the Derby with Florist had to be an ego thing with the squad after a drubbing at the 5h1tty ground in February they had to win that for the fans, but then going back to capitulation against Bournemouth 2 goals in 3 minutes makes you think that they really want Brendan gone ?

Yes they publicly have to back him but losing that way again after going ahead makes you think that they’ve lost faith in Brendan’s management skills looking to have him moved on, palace game Saturday lunchtime will be interesting lose again and Top will be under more pressure to sack him he needs to be a businessman & protect his investment and find a manager to keep us in the premier league, not stay with a manager who can’t get us off of the bottom of the table, I really hope we can go for a decent manager to take over not 100% on Benitez or Dyche but Pochettino has been linked and reports say he would be up for the challenge but let’s hope we can get a decent manager to bring back our desire our fight our foxes never quit mentality as it feels like we’ve lost all our fight ( unless it’s v florist !)

But I’ll be there Saturday cheering on the lads whether Brendan’s there or Not !!

I'm sick to death of him and want him gone, but I think people forget he basically had us playing excellent football up until Covid, and if it weren't for Covid we almost certainly would have made CL that year. Not fair to be saying he inherited a great squad and its been downhill since there like some insinuate.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'm sick to death of him and want him gone, but I think people forget he basically had us playing excellent football up until Covid, and if it weren't for Covid we almost certainly would have made CL that year. Not fair to be saying he inherited a great squad and its been downhill since there like some insinuate.

Since Rodgers joined everything bad is Rodgers fault but anything decent we achieved was down to the players with some credit going to Nigel Pearson.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say we forget. We have played some excellent free flowing football in his time with us, when we play with intent to press high and win the ball back we have looked unbeatable under him. The issue is he gets in his own way and tries to consolidate our position by making us hard to beat with a more defensive and possession based approach. Then when things go bad he seems to really struggle to get us out of that rut. Since that Wolves game at the start of last season we've been horrible to watch. For the majority of games we've lacked any intensity going forward, the persistence to maintain possession and not take risks is a long way from what we were previously under him. This is in line with what we were warned about by Liverpool and Celtic fans that while he's finding his feet it's great, but when he gets settled and tries to implement his death by football it quickly goes rotten.

• Like 2

Wheels had come off before covid.

Covid was also 2 and a half years ago.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Peter Taylor had us top 4 for a similar amount of time as that excellent stint under Rodgers up to Xmas in 2019/20 when it then started to get iffy 😂😂😂

Rodgers has many faults and failures here but what he did here overall for the first 2.5 seasons was immense , even if we felt it could and should have been much better with at least 1 top 4 finish. 

However, 2021/22 and 2022/23 to date has shown a steady decline followed by a huge nosedive that is every bit as extreme as the highs he brought from the off. He has now systematically broken this same squad he got massive gains from and he's got nobody but himself to blame for that. We've brought a lot of players in and most of them haven't made much of an improvement, that's on him and his staff that either he's selected or the club have selected for him to work with. He's been absolutely diabolical at coaching these players he's signed. This is supposed to be his art form but the players he's had most success with were those he inherited. Why is that? It was similar at Celtic and Liverpool. Only Swansea did he seem to have put together a decent team himself.

He's now well on his way to destroying this club as badly as Peter Taylor did. Those heinous club shop LCFC gloves that Taylor used to wear and make me want to boil my own head when the cameras panned to him in them, evoke the same feelings as when I see Rodgers did that unbearable little clap he does. I've never seen them both in the same room together and I'm concerned Rodgers isn't a real individual and he's Taylor dressed as Bren, back for the ultimate final twist. 

To be fair Brendan does do a sheep whistle aswell as the small clap 👏 

People don’t forget, mainly because it’s a myth.

Lockdown started in March, our football started to go downhill in December. Form had already tailed off badly before Covid interrupted things. We’d recently gone 5 without a win and lost to Norwich.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hadn't we only won 3 of our previous 10 prior to the Villa game right before we stopped for Covid (2 of which were against Championship opposition in the cup). Also Covid or not the gap we had was so big that it was a case of who was taking 4th spot as the top 3 seemed so certain, which highlights how well he had done but how monumental the collapse was.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Those heinous club shop LCFC gloves that Taylor used to wear and make me want to boil my own head when the cameras panned to him in them, evoke the same feelings as when I see Rodgers did that unbearable little clap he does. I've never seen them both in the same room together and I'm concerned Rodgers isn't a real individual and he's Taylor dressed as Bren, back for the ultimate final twist. 

If it has got that bad, then I think you might need to speak to someone!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Hadn't we only won 3 of our previous 10 prior to the Villa game right before we stopped for Covid (2 of which were against Championship opposition in the cup). Also Covid or not the gap we had was so big that it was a case of who was taking 4th spot as the top 3 seemed so certain, which highlights how well he had done but how monumental the collapse was.

Two season we collapsed - Man U and Liverpool had incredible end of season runs - at the time I thought 'oh well that's what these clubs do' and now I look back thinking 'it really shows how big of a fcuk up we were'. 

• Like 2

Re the posts on this page, I’ve said it before and will say it again - the only track record BR has is in being unable to sustain performance levels after 2.5 years or so when he finally transitions to building a team in his image. He’s great at improving what he inherits - look at Liverpool when they nearly won the league, and as been pointed out here with us. Then things quickly go south - for Liverpool after 8 games it was being 10th, and for us sadly it’s being rock bottom.

Also there are very few managers now that have a longer lifecycle than 2.5-3 years. It’s just a fact of the modern game, where managers are now more like coaches - they come and go, and should go when a fresh voice is needed.

Jonny Evans mentioned he was glad to return from the international break and he was still in charge - sounds like classic Stockholm Syndrome to me. In fact, if the captain is a BR yes man then we are in more trouble than I had thought. Evans took West Brom down as captain didn’t he?

How much more damage will BR be allowed to inflict? And who takes him on next will be interesting. He’s surely burnt his bridges with a top 6-7 side, and he’s more a Wolves or a Fulham level appointment now I’d say.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Thats exactly what's happened lol

Im not insinuating it, im saying it. He came in with a fresh squad that was only going to improve.

You think the squad looks healthy and full of players worth a lot of money now? God knows how much were paying on wages now compared to when he joined as well.

53 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Jonny Evans mentioned he was glad to return from the international break and he was still in charge - sounds like classic Stockholm Syndrome to me.

Or maybe the players believe in Rodgers and want to play for him? 

53 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Jonny Evans mentioned he was glad to return from the international break and he was still in charge - sounds like classic Stockholm Syndrome to me. In fact, if the captain is a BR yes man then we are in more trouble than I had thought

What else is he likely to say? Have you ever heard a footballer say they'd like the person who decides whether they get to play or not sacked?

(I mean, have you actually ever heard a footballer or a manager say anything remotely interesting at all? Why we have this endless stream of interviews with people who never have anything interesting to say (or if they do they certainly aren't going to say it) is beyond me, it really is. But that's a different issue).

• Like 1