Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Great. Can they start doing that at some point?

I think most of them have been. The midfield (apart from Ndidi) and attack this season, I have no issues with. It's the defence where the problems lie. 

Where the manager has to take responsibility is that it's been shit for 12 months now with no solution found whatsoever. The club has to take responsibility also for not going out and getting the players that would strengthen the backline. 

2 minutes ago, pedmcl said:

I think most of them have been. The midfield (apart from Ndidi) and attack this season, I have no issues with. It's the defence where the problems lie. 

Where the manager has to take responsibility is that it's been shit for 12 months now with no solution found whatsoever. The club has to take responsibility also for not going out and getting the players that would strengthen the backline. 

Brendan has to take responsibility for playing systems that totally expose the defense.  Furthermore, you never hear that its Kolo's fault do you?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, justfoxes said:

I don’t know if up to WC I have a feeling if we lose ugly on Saturday I think Top will be handing Brendan His P45,  I recon we have a replacement waiting in the wings for Brendan to lose 1 more game & I'm really hoping it’s Pochettino & not old Ginger Croakey voiced Dyche !

I will save you some time and tell you this will not happen. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Peter Taylor had us top 4 for a similar amount of time as that excellent stint under Rodgers up to Xmas in 2019/20 when it then started to get iffy 😂😂😂

Rodgers has many faults and failures here but what he did here overall for the first 2.5 seasons was immense , even if we felt it could and should have been much better with at least 1 top 4 finish. 

However, 2021/22 and 2022/23 to date has shown a steady decline followed by a huge nosedive that is every bit as extreme as the highs he brought from the off. He has now systematically broken this same squad he got massive gains from and he's got nobody but himself to blame for that. We've brought a lot of players in and most of them haven't made much of an improvement, that's on him and his staff that either he's selected or the club have selected for him to work with. He's been absolutely diabolical at coaching these players he's signed. This is supposed to be his art form but the players he's had most success with were those he inherited. Why is that? It was similar at Celtic and Liverpool. Only Swansea did he seem to have put together a decent team himself.

He's now well on his way to destroying this club as badly as Peter Taylor did. Those heinous club shop LCFC gloves that Taylor used to wear and make me want to boil my own head when the cameras panned to him in them, evoke the same feelings as when I see Rodgers did that unbearable little clap he does. I've never seen them both in the same room together and I'm concerned Rodgers isn't a real individual and he's Taylor dressed as Bren, back for the ultimate final twist. 

The reference to the gloves is award winning 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

What else is he likely to say? Have you ever heard a footballer say they'd like the person who decides whether they get to play or not sacked?

(I mean, have you actually ever heard a footballer or a manager say anything remotely interesting at all? Why we have this endless stream of interviews with people who never have anything interesting to say (or if they do they certainly aren't going to say it) is beyond me, it really is. But that's a different issue).

Yes interviews with such loaded questions are basically propaganda.

Maddison’s interviews on Sky lately have been good mind.

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

I will save you some time and tell you this will not happen. 

One million percent this.

The club will stick by Rodgers. There is no point in being mad about it anymore and it would just be easier to accept our impending doom because no matter what we think, say or do as fans there is one man even more stubborn than Brendan that will not concede he is wrong. 

1 hour ago, pedmcl said:

The collapses that have seen us drop something like 30pts from winning positions are down to entire team mentality in my opinion, it's not just defensive issues, or individual mistakes, it's a culture and attitude that runs through the side - we score, we sit back, we invite pressure, we crumble. I do agree that it's a clear pattern, and hasn't been addressed in any way, shape or form by Rodgers over the past 12 months. This team has no resilience or confidence in itself anymore, and I think that filters down from the man in charge.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

The collapses that have seen us drop something like 30pts from winning positions are down to entire team mentality in my opinion, it's not just defensive issues, or individual mistakes, it's a culture and attitude that runs through the side - we score, we sit back, we invite pressure, we crumble. I do agree that it's a clear pattern, and hasn't been addressed in any way, shape or form by Rodgers over the past 12 months. This team has no resilience or confidence in itself anymore, and I think that filters down from the man in charge.

Exactly the problems have been there during his entire tenure but were masked by excellent runs he was able to lean into. 

He hasn't addressed a single problem within the team or squad since he's been here. Instead, he dogmatically sticks to his principles and ideology believing they will come good.

• Like 1