Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Why did he have to tell anyone!

I find it ironic that the club are getting wind of these through social media and then putting a stop to them yet the thousands of tweets and comments on Twitter and Facebook begging Top to sack Rodgers are completely ignored lol

The club must be aware of how anti Rodgers a large portion of our fan base is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Been told he was offered a settlement figure 2 weeks ago with both him and his advisors declining and want full settlement. Certainly not ITK but mates source certainly could be. All I know. 

Wow if that’s true, hope we throw eggs at Rodgers.

• Sad 1

38 days since the Brighton debacle and Rodgers is still manager, if I'd have told you that after Brighton I'd have been laughed off the forum, shocking that we have gotten ourselves into this mess and are unwilling to do anything about it and genuinely maddening.

11 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Been told he was offered a settlement figure 2 weeks ago with both him and his advisors declining and want full settlement. Certainly not ITK but mates source certainly could be. All I know. 

If so, maybe that's why he's suddenly talking about how he's been loyal to the club and didn't move on when he could have done? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rachhere said:

If so, maybe that's why he's suddenly talking about how he's been loyal to the club and didn't move on when he could have done? 

We know the club paid over the odds to get him earlier from Celtic, which BR clearly wanted. Our owners are principled people so may be sense of "here's a reasonable settlement" given what we paid to bring you here. 

54 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

This probably ties in with the Percy article and other ITKs that said he may actually be on his way out. 

It is no surprise to me, if it is true, that he is holding out for the full whack. 

• Like 1

Well one thing is for certain.

Brendan Nowt will be having a shit birthday on Saturday. Well done the club. Ruining another persons day. 

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Tbf if true and if I was him I would tell the club to do one. Pay up what’s in the contract or don’t ask. 

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I found out Steve Bruce got paid £8 million to fail at Newcastle. Makes me think the figure for Brendan must be higher than £10 million haha

In comparison Mourinho only got £6m on the £15m he would have gotten at Spurs for taking another job within a year. The £15m was to cover about a years wages (thr notice period that almost all managers have in their contracts) but there was negotiation that not all would be received if he took another job before that period it covered theoretically ended.

Would we have been so stupid to agree to Rodgers getting his WHOLE contract paid up? The media have suggested not and that it would be £10m or so which is consistent with how its often done with managers but it would explain the obstacles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

He wants his full money f**k him, I say doesn’t deserve it hopefully we can sue him.

• Haha 1