Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Rodgers at a loss to explain dip in form says the Merc 

Well that’s reassuring 🤣

We are in serous trouble if this is true. This should be a sackable offence !  This plonker has made us so soft and easy to beat. What the hell is he paid a fortune to do?  He should be binned today.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

The club that paid £15 million for Vestergaard, I could very much believe that Rodgers has probably outdone them in the negotiations haha.

Even if it's £20-30 million though. It's still cheaper than the £100 odd million we'd love by getting relegated. Which we do not need when we're committed to paying back Macquerie (however it's spelled) bank over the next 3 years.

The fee paid for Vestergaard has got me thinking. We reckon we’ve not got the 10 million. Maybe it’s been hiding in plain sight all the time.

“You want a 10 million pay off, Brendan?

Fine. Good. No problem.

There he is. Take him.
Keep the change.

Goodbye.”

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, SuperMike said:

? People say no  -  but what is he?  

...........very little use, apparently.

....is that because he is the only coach that you can name on the staff or do you actually know what is his remit!!!

Adam Sadler and Chris Davies along with Touré are all listed as Assistant Managers, who should we blame?

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

new content to email the board 😂😂

seriously! i don’t think anyone even pays attention to the birthday messages unless you’re expecting them! 

This has gone down perfectly for us 

Sorry, I don't think I made my point too clearly. (My bad)

I agree with you 100%,  The (normal) announcements if they did make it to broadcast / any screens  would realistically only have been appreciated by the intended recipients. 

However hearing/seeing blatant "wordplays" with regards to Todgers (see what I did there😄) would really only have had an impact on those in the ground, as well as letting the "powers that be" at the club, who were in attendance  know of our disgruntlement but by a media that is tangiblely heard or seen, and not just rumbling on forums etc. (plus it would have been funny, yes possibly childish, but I dont care, I would have been laughing as I'm still a big kid at heart)

The 'Boo Boo' I was referring too was ( that the original poster stated ) the fact that the club is now actually stopping these was a possible error in the making, and that the reasoning behind doing so has now been picked up by other outside sources.

As you pointing out 'this has gone down perfectly for us'  I agree as the situation may possibly hit a wider audience now and the 'Boo Boo' grows because the club can't control it / the other sites.

Edited by Guppys Love Child

22 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Sue Cook’s pulled out.

8 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I bet Mike Oxlong is furious his message won’t be read out. 

I read the above posts pretty quickly and my smutty mind being how it is read it as Sue Cook had pulled out because Mike Oxlong. 

• Haha 1

It's obvious we lose on Saturday. We simply are miles behind Palace in terms of form, quality and organisation. 

My question is how bad does it need to be for him to actually get the sack.

I honestly think even a 4 nil drubbing doesn't put him in danger. It's crazy...how has it come to this?! 

We play on Thursday....if we lose both surely then.....surely?!!!!

This run of games was such a big opportunity for a new coaching set up to sort us out and get us up the table !!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eskay said:

It's obvious we lose on Saturday. We simply are miles behind Palace in terms of form, quality and organisation. 

My question is how bad does it need to be for him to actually get the sack.

I honestly think even a 4 nil drubbing doesn't put him in danger. It's crazy...how has it come to this?! 

We play on Thursday....if we lose both surely then.....surely?!!!!

This run of games was such a big opportunity for a new coaching set up to sort us out and get us up the table !!!

The fans will finally turn I think. In terms of I think we will hear vocal remonstrations for Brendan to be sacked. I still don’t think he will go until the World Cup. Then we will be in a right shitty mess. 

When talking about the contract people need to remember just what position we were in at the time. I'm not defending it but there is absolutely no way this scenario even came into their thinking sadly.

At the time they would have only had eyes on making sure its a great compensation amount for the club and Brendan's representatives will have secured everything to the absolute extreme at the other end of the equation. 

We were flying in second and had probably the most in demand manager in world football for a while. Its incredible that it's come to what it has.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

When talking about the contract people need to remember just what position we were in at the time. I'm not defending it but there is absolutely no way this scenario even came into their thinking sadly.

At the time they would have only had eyes on making sure its a great compensation amount for the club and Brendan's representatives will have secured everything to the absolute extreme at the other end of the equation. 

We were flying in second and had probably the most in demand manager in world football for a while. Its incredible that it's come to what it has.

What goes up

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

The fee paid for Vestergaard has got me thinking. We reckon we’ve not got the 10 million. Maybe it’s been hiding in plain sight all the time.

“You want a 10 million pay off, Brendan?

Fine. Good. No problem.

There he is. Take him.
Keep the change.

Goodbye.”

Been saying the same about letting him Danny Ward help him reach the top shelves at home for weeks.