Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

31 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

This is an exchange i'd like to see:

Journalist: "well, Brendan , i've just read a stat that says you would be sixth if games finished after 45 minutes....

....So, what, exactly, do you say to them at half time??"

And does that stat show that you are tactically struggling in the second period when the opponent steps it up ??

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'm sick to death of him and want him gone, but I think people forget he basically had us playing excellent football up until Covid, and if it weren't for Covid we almost certainly would have made CL that year. Not fair to be saying he inherited a great squad and its been downhill since there like some insinuate.

.. so what was the reason for the second season, we missed out on the last day again,Β  when it would have been easier to get top 4!!!

Β  Liverpool all over again, 5 point lead 3 games to play which leaves Crystal Palace andΒ  Newcastle as their last two fixtures.Well we all know what happened and he repeated the process twice here.

Getting past the last 32 in Europe,Β  even with Liverpool,Β  he cannot help himself, he makes his players doubt themselves.Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

When talking about the contract people need to remember just what position we were in at the time. I'm not defending it but there is absolutely no way this scenario even came into their thinking sadly.

Β 

At the time they would have only had eyes on making sure its a great compensation amount for the club and Brendan's representatives will have secured everything to the absolute extreme at the other end of the equation.Β 

Β 

We were flying in second and had probably the most in demand manager in world football for a while. Its incredible that it's come to what it has.

More so than when they gave Ranieri a new contract having won the Prem? The media seem to think its only around a year's wages, I'd be fairly confident if it was a huge figure we had to pay that that would have been leaked already....

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

More so than when they gave Ranieri a new contract having won the Prem? The media seem to think its only around a year's wages, I'd be fairly confident if it was a huge figure we had to pay that that would have been leaked already....

...the media can't understand why anyone would be looking to get rid of him, so they are not going to be looking into the cost of his extraction!!!

I genuinely want to here the reasons why a very very small minority of our fan base is still backing Brendan. If there is anyone on here still backing him I'd love to know why. I'd also love to know at what point the fan base turns to the point where the board can no longer bury their heads in the sand. I'm just sick to death of not enjoying football anymore. I've watched leicester since I was 11, first game in 1997, and I've never felt as disgusted as I do right now. Even when we were in league 1 at least we understood we were where we were because we had no money. There's no excuse for this shit show regardless of lack of summer transfers.Β 

• Like 3

If the story of Brendan turning down a reduced severance package is true, it is most likely the club approached his advisors with the offer for Brendan to resign or leave by mutual consent in return for the reduced pay off, his advisors/Brendan declined the offer stating a belief he was the right man to turn this around and I am not walking away etc to which the club have then stipulated we must achieve x points in the next y games, which hopefully coincides with some sort of performance related break clause…….for example reduced compo if we are in bottom 3 after 10 games etc. I remember Sven being sacked and reduced pay off due to delivering against specific performance clauses. Β 
Β 

Guess we will see after the weekend ……

33 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

If the story of Brendan turning down a reduced severance package is true, it is most likely the club approached his advisors with the offer for Brendan to resign or leave by mutual consent in return for the reduced pay off, his advisors/Brendan declined the offer stating a belief he was the right man to turn this around and I am not walking away etc to which the club have then stipulated we must achieve x points in the next y games, which hopefully coincides with some sort of performance related break clause…….for example reduced compo if we are in bottom 3 after 10 games etc. I remember Sven being sacked and reduced pay off due to delivering against specific performance clauses. Β 
Β 

Guess we will see after the weekend ……

Except the club has no authority on this. Β If Brendan refuses to leave the compensation is 100% of what he’s owed contractually.

53 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Except the club has no authority on this. Β If Brendan refuses to leave the compensation is 100% of what he’s owed contractually.

Agreed which is why the club may have said don’t hit a certain performance criteria and you will be sacked, if that means a full pay out then so be it, perhaps the club were hoping to negotiate a smoother parting of the ways which had a mutual benefit for both parties, reduced compo and Brendan not being sacked, however this has been declined and now it’s a case of screw this up and you will be sacked. The comment of it tying in with a performance clause was more out of hope πŸ˜‚

8 hours ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

"Won't get a better manager" ApparentlyΒ lol

Screenshot_20221012-222650_Facebook.jpg

Best part is. Every single one of those people will be acting as if they 'always knew Rodgers was the problem and leicesters team is quality!' In 6 months when we're doing well again.Β 

27 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Some very strange 'fans' out there. I swear some of these people can't actually be Leicester fans and are just on the wind up. There can't actually be any genuine fans that know anything about football that actually still back Rodgers. It's just not possible.Β 

They will be random folk that are fans of the big 6 clubs.Β 

Β 

I also hate this 'what do they expect they didn't back him' shite.Β 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Some very strange 'fans' out there. I swear some of these people can't actually be Leicester fans and are just on the wind up. There can't actually be any genuine fans that know anything about football that actually still back Rodgers. It's just not possible.Β 

Trying to force your own opinion & perspective,doesn't get it done...

There will be fans,who see it differently, and they have as much right to be recognised as strong loyal fans...

It seems you find it hard to accept or understand that right..

I for one detest the character assignation & really immature cynical posts over "any manager/Rodgers" that happens over this forum, hypocrites , bullies & the accompying Soap-opera historonics love their day on Social-media platforms....

Β 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...this team does not need money being thrown at it!!!

Money does not solve our problems, a decent coaching staff and a plan will resolve these issues. We cannot continue to mourn the fact that no money was spent on this squad, You can see why Rodgers keeps bringing it up, it is his get-out-of-jail card, and the media are mostly buying into it.Β 

Β  When it comes down to it, our coaching staff is poor, players regress under their tutelage, and the style of play we employ causes indecisions, as players play against their natural instincts, trying to stick to a plan they have no belief in.

Yes, but like any manager anywhere in Profi football, it is obvious they would use it, & it's an actual fact that really can't be denied...