Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Any record of the 40 points target being mentioned in previous interviews?

Didn't he come out with this at the start of the season and everyone went wild? Completely went against what Top had said was the expectation of us this season being better than last.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Didn't he come out with this at the start of the season and everyone went wild? Completely went against what Top had said was the expectation of us this season being better than last.

He did. No doubt these comments will be lapped up by the likes of Savage who hates ambitious clubs and Lineker who believes we are where we should be. If we manage 45 points Rodgers will be lauded.

Complete joke.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Oh well at least it's on record somewhere then lol 

That's concerning if Top has bought into it. It suggests he'll get the season and a chance to "rebuild" next summer.

I feel like Top should be setting the targets but it seems like he doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to footie, so probably taking Rodgers at his word.

Don't know how he thinks the same group of players minus Schmeichel and Fofana is only worth 40 points, just making excuses now for his poor management.

Top has been taken in by Rodgers spin and propaganda, it's the only explanation for him continuing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Don't know how he thinks the same group of players minus Schmeichel and Fofana is only worth 40 points, just making excuses now for his poor management.

Top has been taken in by Rodgers spin and propaganda, it's the only explanation for him continuing.

The key stats with and without Fofana weren’t that different from memory (during the time he was here).

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

This is certainly not our "best ever squad " and is overrated on here and by the media. However we are better than bottom place . This for the most part is Rodgers but the players themselves should take a good look at themselves because with a few exceptions they are not earning their pay.

....we are certainly not overrated by the media!!!

If anything they see this as where we should be and we should be grateful to have had the opportunity to dine at the king's table, now we can push off to where we belong. I am not sure why you are buying into this, little Leicester nonsense, it is why we are expanding, bigger stadium, better training facilities, we are ambitious and I for one am relieved we are taking that vision forward.

I have read comments about the folly of building the Training ground and the expansion and some see this as hubris, but it is what we have to do in order not to stand still. Eventually, we would have had to invest in the needed infrastructure, and we chose to do it when the interest rate was non-existent, saving millions, and Covid had a big hand in slowing down the process of the stadium expansion.

As for the players needing to take a look at themselves, I suspect they do, the day they come into training because they will not believe, what they are putting out there, every game fighting against a system, that does not allow them, to be the best that they can be.

5 hours ago, Le Renard said:

Yes we have seen it before, all of us have gone to school or worked with someone like Rodgers and his oversized ego, those of us who are parents have experienced the "it's not my fault" routine, even when they are bang to rights.  I think Rodgers is not unique in the coach/manager world of football, but he is dialed up to 11 like Spinal Tap.  Personally I think we have a manager who suffers from "small man syndrome":

"Small Man Syndrome refers to a condition where a man feels inadequate because of his short height and may try to overcompensate it with overly aggressive behaviour. The syndrome is often referred to as Napoleon Complex in reference to the famous military leader".

Substitute the overly aggressive behaviour to an over sized ego, then you have Brendon Rodgers.

P.S. Apologies to other small people, no small person was hurt posting this on FT.

I think he is far from this..

And this trying to judge character through far too many walls, is now becoming tedious.

It's become a snowball of some fans, thoughts after he has made 2 or 3 statements..

Where he also often has taken the blame in various incidences & repeated in many statements,it's his responsibility...

Of course players & club will have a shots across the bows..Rightly so..!!

But again he can argue points well, other points like all managers comes out with twaddle...

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we are certainly not overrated by the media!!!

If anything they see this as where we should be and we should be grateful to have had the opportunity to dine at the king's table, now we can push off to where we belong. I am not sure why you are buying into this, little Leicester nonsense, it is why we are expanding, bigger stadium, better training facilities, we are ambitious and I for one am relieved we are taking that vision forward.

I have read comments about the folly of building the Training ground and the expansion and some see this as hubris, but it is what we have to do in order not to stand still. Eventually, we would have had to invest in the needed infrastructure, and we chose to do it when the interest rate was non-existent, saving millions, and Covid had a big hand in slowing down the process of the stadium expansion.

As for the players needing to take a look at themselves, I suspect they do, the day they come into training because they will not believe, what they are putting out there, every game fighting against a system, that does not allow them, to be the best that they can be.

I certainly do not subscribe to this "little Leicester" crap . We should always be one of the top twelve clubs in the country. Our current squad is simply not as good as some think. We are transitioning to a post Vardy , Evans and Tielemans situation and that was always going to be difficult. We are still strong enough however to sustain mid table and both the manager and the players are culpable. If the players do not agree with Rodgers tactics , they should make it clear that they are not going to follow them. What on earth can he do to them ? He is a dead letter manager with no real authority.

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:
Do you set targets or not then Brendan?

I’ll never forget Brendan’s first press conference as Leicester manager: he laid down clear markers and goals for our club; It was so motivating and such a breath of fresh air after Puel’s tenure. He was a winner and he was going to make us winners again— and he did!

Puel only spoke about an abstract “project” while we floated along aimlessly and began playing forgettable football. I always wondered how the players could possibly fight for each other as a collective when they didn’t even know what their goal was?

Now we’re right back where we started and Brendan seems nervous about failing to meet any goals he lays out so he hasn’t articulated any aside from a half-hearted “40 points.” And we’re playing that good ol’ aimless football again. 

We’re in a relegation scrap, we have a stale squad, and are without the buzz of European football. Seems like the first thing we’d do to keep the players motivated is to break up the season into units (easy to do with all of the natural breaks) and set out points goals and incentives for meeting each objective.

Yet here we are, drifting out to sea with 4 points from 9 games and no plan or target in sight. 

Edited by The_77
Grammar
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I’ll never forget Brendan’s first press conference as Leicester manager: he laid down clear markers and goals for our club; It was so motivating and such a breath of fresh air after Puel’s tenure. He was a winner and he was going to make us winners again— and he did!

Puel only spoke about an abstract “project” while we floated along aimlessly and began playing forgettable football. I always wondered how the players could possibly fight for each other as a collective when they didn’t even know what their goal was?

Now we’re right back where we started and Brendan seems nervous about failing to meet any goals he lays out so he hasn’t articulated any aside from a half-hearted “40 points.” And we’re playing that good ol’ aimless football again. 

We’re in a relegation scrap, we have a stale squad, and are without the buzz of European football. Seems like the first thing we’d do to keep the players motivated is to break up the season into units (easy to do with all of the natural breaks) and set out points goals and incentives for meeting each objective.

Yet here we are, drifting out to sea with 4 points from 9 games and no plan or target in sight. 

I don't get his mindset now. Many say its because he's a bull shitter who can't admit his faults so is moving the goalposts as not to look like a failure but the end result is still the same whether he makes bold statements about us challenging the top 6 like he did when he arrived here, with the risk of failing to do so or a few years down the line becomes very negative and in to protective mode where the fans and club still recognise the decline and eventually he gets paid off anyway.

Is this certain people's way of dealing with a lack of confidence and belief? Might explain the fragile mentality in pressure situations we and his teams have a reputation for. Such a shame as he's evidently got certain talent to get the best out of footballers early on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Any reason we cannot put Rodgers on gardening leave, try and force him out?

8 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Constructive dismissal.

We can sack him and stick him on gardening leave but then we are committed to paying his full salary until we come to an agreement on his severance - and once we’ve sacked him he has no need to reduce the terms which he’s entitled to (and which we obvs don’t want to pay him) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i’m starting to have the same emotions with rodgers as I did with Trump. Awful person that makes you more angry everytime they speak yet you know you are stuck with them until the end of their term. 

The world will be a nice place again once he’s gone 

"No more mean tweets!"lol

FB_IMG_1613389064590.jpg

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We can sack him and stick him on gardening leave but then we are committed to paying his full salary until we come to an agreement on his severance - and once we’ve sacked him he has no need to reduce the terms which he’s entitled to (and which we obvs don’t want to pay him) 

If we've sacked him we can't then put him on gardening leave.