Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

35 minutes ago, Dave Fishwick said:

we have to face facts, ultimately this Newcastle stuff bumps us down another rung on the ladder. Top 4 was the dream and Brendan got us so close. But if it looks like that dream is falling further away, with the tempter of having a huge transfer budget at Newcastle, can we blame him if he wants to go?

In 4/5 years maybe, but right now we're still in a much stronger position than they are. 

19 minutes ago, happy85 said:

🚨 Brendan Rodgers is now the clear favourite to be the next Newcastle United manager. (Source: @oddschecker)

Must be true then.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I would have thought that with the money that will become available at Newcastle the new owners would be looking to emulate a club such as ours and then take it up a level. They would need someone at the helm who knows our infrastucture, how we work and what facilaties are available, in other words, they would want to build a club, the way you do that is by poaching key people and then basically using their knowledge. Rodgers knows how Liverpool and Leicester work inside out, he's their ideal manager.

You’re not wrong, but when does it ever work like that? 

It’s still the same Newcastle squad as it was two weeks ago…. And as a few have pointed out their main objective is to stay up…

Rodgers goes there he will have to keep them up, if it isn’t looking like that will happen, he will get sacked…… 

And then he will be sat there jobless and looking like a bit of a mug. 

Newcastle aren’t even a stable club on the pitch, they would be better off going for a manager to keep them up first, and then look in the summer at starting the building process. 

There would be less risk to Rodgers if he leaves in the summer than now, I don’t think Rodgers is daft enough to do it anyway, it still has the potential to go wrong for Newcastle this season, and that wouldn’t do his reputation any good at all. 

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Whoever goes to Newcastle first will be the fall guy.

Ranieri got binned at Chelsea and Hughes at Man City. It will take a few managers to get them what they want. 

They've got a shite squad that can't be overhauled in a window or two. 

This is why I don't think it will be Rodgers, he tends to go to a club where the foundations are already in place to do well, currently Newcastle have nothing in place to actually do well

Rodgers will be the next kind of manager they will look at after the first one has been in, kept them up, and spent a load improving the squad that Rodgers could then take to the next level

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, happy85 said:

🚨 Brendan Rodgers is now the clear favourite to be the next Newcastle United manager. (Source: @oddschecker)

Also wouldn't read into this at all, in this past few days the odds on favourite has changed from Conte to Howe to Favre and now to Rodgers

Probably be a new favourite tomorrow

favourite to take the job now …. Huge lumps of cash on him now , it’s clear Amanda wants her Irish man ! 

Brendan is very clever playing these situations to his favour 

he got a new contract worth 10m a year out of the last link to a club (Arsenal) 

i expect him to stay on improved terms and a HUGE payoff if we ever sacked him 

Rodgers will not be interested in the here and now. He will be interested in the vision of the project.

When he came for us, we didn't have a world-class training facility or ground.

One was in progress, and one was in the pipeline.

Can Newcastle sell him their vision?

I think he will also know that we will not provide him with the firepower financial to compete with the bigger clubs.

Is he happy to keep fighting with one hand tied behind his back?

Our summer business was 3 players from the begin bin, Bertrand, Vestiguard and Lookman.

2 players for the future, Soumare, Daka.

Hardly a summer window that would put us in contention for really having a run at the big boys.

Newcastle can now blow us out of the water, transfer funding.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Haven't heard anything but just have a feeling he won't be in the dug out on Saturday. Newcastle would be perfect for him and I can see him jumping at the chance sadly.

That is a big call, for him not to be in the dug out on Saturday means you think this has potential to move quickly. Do you believe he has been sounded out? 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Rodgers will not be interested in the here and now. He will be interested in the vision of the project.

When he came for us, we didn't have a world-class training facility or ground.

One was in progress, and one was in the pipeline.

Can Newcastle sell him their vision?

I think he will also know that we will not provide him with the firepower financial with the bigger clubs.

Is he happy to keep fighting with one hand tied behind his back?

Our summer business was 3 players from the begin bin, Bertrand, Vestiguard and Lookman.

2 players for the future, Soumare, Daka.

Hardly a summer window that would put us in contention for really having a run at the big boys.

Newcastle can now blow us out of the water, transferring funding.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think covers it quite well. At Leicester every player you buy is either a bit shit or a gamble for the future. Apart from Fofana recently who was a sure thing.

If he went to Newcastle he could fill his team with first team quality players and with 2 to 3 seasons have a squad capable of challenging top 4 - 6.

• Like 1

Barrow load of money coming in for Rodger's official wages and another barrow load of money into a secret offshore bank account for his unofficial wages, or he'll be gifted something that is worth a several million.  That is how these middle eastern countries do business (allegedly), why do you think players went to Citeh before Pep and stayed there, it can't be for the weather! 

Edited by Le Renard

Rodgers doesn't have the luxury of waiting for the next time Newcastle needs a manager and their Claude Puel has already done the dirty work for him.  If the Leicester project really goes south for him no big-money club will touch him with a ten-foot pole.

Whoever is the next Newcastle manager is going to have to tear that dressing room apart and replace basically everyone over the course of a couple of years. If I were a top manager I’d let someone else do that and rock up in a few years…

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s still the same Newcastle squad as it was two weeks ago…. And as a few have pointed out their main objective is to stay up…

Rodgers goes there he will have to keep them up, if it isn’t looking like that will happen, he will get sacked…… 

Newcastle aren’t even a stable club on the pitch, they would be better off going for a manager to keep them up first, and then look in the summer at starting the building process. 

There would be less risk to Rodgers if he leaves in the summer than now, I don’t think Rodgers is daft enough to do it anyway, it still has the potential to go wrong for Newcastle this season, and that wouldn’t do his reputation any good at all. 

Is it possible to sign a manager to take them down?  Who's to say he wouldn't get 2-3 hundred million transfer pot in January.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

That’s why I think BR might go to Newcastle in the summer and buy Ndidi and Fofana. I think Newcastle might get an interim manager until the summer then get BR in, which would already have been sorted behind the scenes. A pre agreement stating that BR doubles his salary and also will only become the Newcastle United manager if they don’t get relegated. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Well, I for one enjoyed the fact that Rodgers dragged this club up a division and had us challenging for european spots (until christmas). Looks like we're heading back to the championship where we deserve to be and belong, very soon.

:yawn: same old.....same old....