Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I wonder if the situation is so dire now because Rodgers went public with the club's lack of funds, which meant any decent lined up replacement would immediately back out. As a result Rodgers was forced to continue partly as a result of his own PR faux-pas and partly out of belligerence by King Power. In short, Top's pride has been dented and this is Rodgers's punishment. No aspiring manager (or player) wants to join a sinking ship. In the end Rodgers stays until summer when any relegation clauses kick in (assuming they were inserted).

I say this as BBC gossip claims Tunchel rejected offers from 2 premier league clubs already. I imagine one of them was us.

6 minutes ago, moseeds said:

I wonder if the situation is so dire now because Rodgers went public with the club's lack of funds, which meant any decent lined up replacement would immediately back out. As a result Rodgers was forced to continue partly as a result of his own PR faux-pas and partly out of belligerence by King Power. In short, Top's pride has been dented and this is Rodgers's punishment. No aspiring manager (or player) wants to join a sinking ship. In the end Rodgers stays until summer when any relegation clauses kick in (assuming they were inserted).

I say this as BBC gossip claims Tunchel rejected offers from 2 premier league clubs already. I imagine one of them was us.

....I would be amazed if we had the foresight to go down that road!!!

If we had, it would be acknowledging that there is a problem and we are looking to fulfill a role, because we have a manager that is not fulfilling his role and we are seeking to address it. You give this club too much credit, we really are not that proactive.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2022 at 22:31, cruzFOX said:

Here’s a radical idea!

What if the club pulled off a ‘false flag’ operation ie, make everyone believe that Rogers has been sacked Inc Rogers himself. Than watch the reaction unfold see if it’s a positive thing or not.

Actually nah could you imagine it. The mental torture when we find out it wasn't real.

1 hour ago, moseeds said:

I think we’d be able to find money for transfers since we’re only bound by uefa ffp if we start caring about European football sometime soon.

1 hour ago, Fozdog said:

Is it bad I’m actually hoping for a flogging? Might be the only way to get him out. 

The past few weeks have shown getting a flogging doesn't guarantee a sacking afterwards. We're miserable in defeat and more so when he's not sacked the next day.

"If We Lose Then He's Gone" has been the most disappointing boxset I've watched in a while

• Like 1

Well, a win and three more losses is going to be better? I hate losing as much as the rest of us, but we’re not getting anywhere. Most likely because the owners are too broke to move him on. 

Only just seen about people not being able to bring Rodgers out banners into the ground today. What has this guy got over the club where he's shielded from fans voicing their discontent? There's something really weird going on at this club. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He's going to turn fortunes around, isn't he, despite 90% wanting him out.

If he does turn it around and we strat showing hunger and desire we used to do thwn im happy to stick with him.

My problem with BR is that he is to stubborn to change things when stuff isn't working for the team. He is happy to field weaker teams and risk getting the club relegated in order to prove that it's not him at fault and it's the board for not backing him.

Put Vestergarad and Soyunchu and Faes in if playing a back 3 and we will stop leaking goals