Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

32 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

The only unrest is people with nothing better to do talking about something that probably isn't happening.

Pretty much all the bookies now have Rodgers down as favourite. That's changed from yesterday, when many of them didn't even list Rodgers as a possible candidate (although Skybet already had him down as 2nd favourite). Experience tells us that these rumours can often be groundless, but they're not always.

Gloom and doom merchants all clubs have them, times are the best we have seen at Leicester since the great teams of the early/mid 60s and the O'Neil years, probably the best years in the clubs history, so just enjoy whilst you can, Rogers has done great, long may it last, 

Edited by Dorkingfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Whoever goes to Newcastle first will be the fall guy.

Ranieri got binned at Chelsea and Hughes at Man City. It will take a few managers to get them what they want. 

They've got a shite squad that can't be overhauled in a window or two. 

Exactly it’s not only the incomings, the only players that other clubs would be willing to buy are the players that Newcastle will want to keep 

1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

For those who know these things: to what extent will the post-2011 FFP rules constrain Newcastle from “doing a Man City”? 

On a scale of quite a bit, maybe a little bit, or not at all? 

Very constrained compared to Man City after their takeover, until they massively increase their revenue. Whether they’ll be able to do what Man City did, and get some crazy sponsorship deal, I don’t know.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sly said:

Unfortunately Pliskin, money changes everything. 

Everyone has a different moral compass.  

...I  am not too sure where morals come into this!!!

I would suspect there are managers out there who see this opportunity as a dream come true. If they could land this job with the backing they would receive it would define their career. 

If their blueprint is to emulate us, then there will be ambition tempered by common sense.

If this was us who have been starved for years of financial input into our club with a much despised Chairman, then the mere fact that he is no longer at the helm will be enough for the majority. There will be those expecting a major investment right here and now but that will not happen straight away. It will take a lot less time to elevate them in this league than many envisage it will take.

A top ten finish and a top ten pushing top 6 next season will not be unexpected.

9 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Very constrained compared to Man City after their takeover, until they massively increase their revenue. Whether they’ll be able to do what Man City did, and get some crazy sponsorship deal, I don’t know.

The mega sponsorship was all ready been lined up, the big clubs were complaining.

As it was allegedly reported last week.

27 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

That’s why I think BR might go to Newcastle in the summer and buy Ndidi and Fofana. I think Newcastle might get an interim manager until the summer then get BR in, which would already have been sorted behind the scenes. A pre agreement stating that BR doubles his salary and also will only become the Newcastle United manager if they don’t get relegated. 

Ndidi wouldn’t go to Newcastle. He’s head is too firmly screwed on to fall for this nonsense.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The mega sponsorship was all ready been lined up, the big clubs were complaining.

As it was allegedly reported last week.

Look at Everton, naming rights for this, naming rights for that, naming rights for a stadium that doesn't exist etc, extravagant shirt deals etc. It's easy to push a couple of hundred million at least into a club without anyone being able to do a thing. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Look at Everton, naming rights for this, naming rights for that, naming rights for a stadium that doesn't exist etc, extravagant shirt deals etc. It's easy to push a couple of hundred million at least into a club without anyone being able to do a thing. 

St Ghawar Park 

19 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Ndidi wouldn’t go to Newcastle. He’s head is too firmly screwed on to fall for this nonsense.

...I  somewhat agree with this!!!

There is speculation that certain players would follow him for the money, but these players are probably not convinced, at this moment, that they should still be buying into him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

So could the vast majority of other big clubs that once they get a sniff he is available will be straight onto him

Big Dan back into the centre of midfield then! 

……. isn’t FFP a thing of the past anyway? 

11 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

You don’t know that. They could double his wages. 

Yes, but how many footballers do you know, enrol onto a university course with an eye on their future after football? As one of the first things you do when joining a premier league club. 

Just goes to show the mentality of the lad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Pretty much all the bookies now have Rodgers down as favourite. That's changed from yesterday, when many of them didn't even list Rodgers as a possible candidate (although Skybet already had him down as 2nd favourite). Experience tells us that these rumours can often be groundless, but they're not always.

I take your point, of course, but bookies are there to stir it up and make money, not report the truth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Rodgers doesn't have the luxury of waiting for the next time Newcastle needs a manager and their Claude Puel has already done the dirty work for him.  If the Leicester project really goes south for him no big-money club will touch him with a ten-foot pole.

Depends if he's not at a club when one of the big 6 sack their manager mid season, he'd get a gig then quite easily and it would be down to him to win a longer stay. He'll get that chance even if he runs us close to relegation this season due to the reputation he's built up in the last few years here. 

If Rodgers wants to go then he should go, the club will get at least £30 million in compensation for him and his team

The club will continue to develop with hopefully a manager where there is less continual  speculation  on his future.

I am tired of this and feel it is one of the reasons fans fail to back him Hopefully this gets resolved and everyone moves

Foward

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I take your point, of course, but bookies are there to stir it up and make money, not report the truth. 

And probably 40,000 giddy Geordies placing bets on Rodgers…. Like we did with Klopp when he was available…….

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Depends if he's not at a club when one of the big 6 sack their manager mid season, he'd get a gig then quite easily and it would be down to him to win a longer stay. He'll get that chance even if he runs us close to relegation this season due to the reputation he's built up in the last few years here. 

This is true.

I would genuinely be shocked if he went to Newcastle, because they’re nowhere near ready yet to even challenge us. 

I listened to an interview with a chap from the Newcastle radio, he said the message is very much a case of sorting out the foundations of the club first, and then look to push for the top of the premier league once they’ve gained that stable premier league position and have the ability to be more financially flexible. 

It isn’t the right job for Rodgers now, if Newcastle become what their ambitions suggest, then in a few years maybe, but for now they’re still a long, long way away from where they want to be. A mad summer of spending won’t change that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This is true.

I would genuinely be shocked if he went to Newcastle, because they’re nowhere near ready yet to even challenge us. 

I listened to an interview with a chap from the Newcastle radio, he said the message is very much a case of sorting out the foundations of the club first, and then look to push for the top of the premier league once they’ve gained that stable premier league position and have the ability to be more financially flexible. 

It isn’t the right job for Rodgers now, if Newcastle become what their ambitions suggest, then in a few years maybe, but for now they’re still a long, long way away from where they want to be. A mad summer of spending won’t change that. 

I think they'll go for Lampard.