Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Was he looking at the banners… 

There needs to be more banners.

Litter the ground with them on Thursday when sicknote Bamford gets his hat trick.

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

What did he say?

He was giving it the bigun that he could’ve gone to arsenal so we should be grateful to have him. Fans were complaining about him when we were 5th and won the fa cup. Hasn’t been able to sign anyone (as if we didn’t know that). Blamed everything again besides himself. 

It was the first interview I have heard this season from him and it was purely about protecting himself. He just refused to take any form of accountability, it really is shocking stuff. 

16 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It’s not though!

No one is saying Perez is a great player, but we absolutely have been far better in the 4-2-3-1 than the 4-3-3 the past 18 months and it gives us far more balance and means we don’t have this weird lopsided formation we’re playing atm with Barnes as a winger and Maddison as a number 10.

People aren’t suggesting that Perez or Albrighton are going to suddenly make us way more creative. They’re suggesting that 4-2-3-1 makes us far more balanced and that Perez and Albrighton even if not the most creative are at least adequate players who are round pegs in round holes.

It’s Rodgers continually going back to this 4-3-3 with Maddison on the wing that’s the person who constantly falls back to his abusive relationship that clearly isn’t working.

This Maddison on the wing 4-3-3 shit has to be put to bed.

Jesus fvcking christ! It was a joke. Wind yer neck in. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

He was giving it the bigun that he could’ve gone to arsenal so we should be grateful to have him. Fans were complaining about him when we were 5th and won the fa cup. Hasn’t been able to sign anyone (as if we didn’t know that). Blamed everything again besides himself. 

It was the first interview I have heard this season from him and it was purely about protecting himself. He just refused to take any form of accountability, it really is shocking stuff. 

What a grade A c**t, Top please sack him!

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Said he was dedicated to the club, and the staff.

Didn't say anything about being dedicated to the fans...!

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It stands to reason that if the manager is a coward that the performance on the pitch will mirror that cowardice.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think today was his last game

I'd be surprised if it was, the Forest game aside, it looked like our best performance albeit we couldn't finish, Top was shaking his head, but what was he shaking his head at, the performance or the booing?

I thought if they were going to pull the trigger, it would have been after Bournemouth. There is a in the know twitter account that said Rodgers has up to and including the Palace game to get 6 points from the 3 games, so you might be right.

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'd be surprised if it was, the Forest game aside, it looked like our best performance albeit we couldn't finish, Top was shaking his head, but what was he shaking his head at, the performance or the booing?

I thought if they were going to pull the trigger, it would have been after Bournemouth. There is a in the know twitter account that said Rodgers has up to and including the Palace game to get 6 points from the 3 games, so you might be right.

The booing lasted about 2 seconds so I doubt it was that.

I'd have loved to think he's told Rodgers that it's a win or sacked for this game. Or he could just be disappointed that we couldn't get the goal to win it.

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

Quite literally admitted in his post match that he wasn’t arsed about the fans but whatsoever. I will never ever look back on his tenure fondly. 

He has never had any rapport with the fans despite winning our first FA cup, says it all, 

Why do people hold him to a bizarre (too me anyway) popularist standard? Who gives a **** he just needs to win football matches (currently failing) and I could not give a toss what he thinks of the fans, what he says, what clothes he wears, what car he drives, what religion he is, just win matches ffs lol

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Why do people hold him to a bizarre (too me anyway) popularist standard? Who gives a **** he just needs to win football matches (currently failing) and I could not give a toss what he thinks of the fans, what he says, what clothes he wears, what car he drives, what religion he is, just win matches ffs lol

Some people like to have an affinity for the people who are in charge of their football club. I know that might shock you a bit but it’s true for many! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Why?

I think there was a misguided belief from pur board, likely helped by Brendan's blame shifting that this easier run of games would see us get plenty of points and get back in the mid table pack. We've taken 4 points from 3 games against 3 of the worst teams in the league and its not good enough.

The board now have a dilemma. There's still a few easyish games coming but the margin for error now between there being plenty of games left and flex to toil for periods of the season diminishes very quickly from now in. We need 35 points from 28 games, fail to win on Thursday and we could quite easily lose the next 4 after that away at Wolves, Everton, West Ham and home to Man City.

We'd be on 5-6 points from 15 games and then you're looking at 34-35 points from 23 games after a agonising month off for the World Cup and its too much ground to realistically make up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No different to any manager who has been here a chunk of time, they get irritated, even more so when the said person becomes very bad at sinning football games and very good at bull sitting. You say you don't care what he says but it becomes more important when you're in trouble, he shows no signs of being emotionally intelligent enough to change and stand a chance of fixing things.

I actually now despise him, he's on a par with Peter Taylor in 2000/01. No, he's actually worse.

• Like 2