Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Some people like to have an affinity for the people who are in charge of their football club. I know that might shock you a bit but it’s true for many! 

So if this bond is not formed with said person, the best way to generate this affinity is to call them names and wish them I’ll? Or are saying it’s all one way?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

No different to any manager who has been here a chunk of time, they get irritated, even more so when the said person becomes very bad at sinning football games and very good at bull sitting. You say you don't care what he says but it becomes more important when you're in trouble, he shows no signs of being emotionally intelligent enough to change and stand a chance of fixing things.

I actually now despise him, he's on a par with Peter Taylor in 2000/01. No, he's actually worse.

I can see the argument that it’s gone stale to such a degree that it become untenable for both parties, but I am not sure what helps this situation unless Top pulls the cord. :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So if this bond is not formed with said person, the best way to generate this affinity is to call them names and wish them I’ll? Or are saying it’s all one way?

No. That’s all come because he’s a knob who has perennially knocked the supporters, serves up dire football for close to 2 years and doesn’t want to be here. I’ve never felt a connection with him but naturally that falls to the wayside when you’re winning FA cups.

You have an extremely unromantic view on the game, don’t you? 

Edited by kingkisnorbo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why do people hold him to a bizarre (too me anyway) popularist standard? Who gives a **** he just needs to win football matches (currently failing) and I could not give a toss what he thinks of the fans, what he says, what clothes he wears, what car he drives, what religion he is, just win matches ffs lol

I agree but likeable managers will likely be given more time, especially by the fans. It is all about winning games but fans will get behind a manager if they like/believe in them. Pearson was always well liked by most of our fanbase and I don't recall many turning on him in the great escape season despite it looking like we'd get relegated for most of the season. As a fan base we should like Rodgers as he won us our first fa Cup but the vast majority can't stand him. Its not just about the performances and results it's just his attitude, his constant deflection tactics and his self preservation stance he has. He doesn't give 2 shits about Top, the club, the players, the fans or anyone. He loves himself and everyone else can get to fck. Again, if he was still performing highly, I wouldn't be arsed about his personality but he isn't and is showing no sign or either wanting or knowing how to sort this mess! 

• Like 1

People saying the performance was ok, that probably had more to do with the fact that Palace were utter shite in the final third.

we had a nice run of games against the “easier teams” if you can’t pick up 3 points against these teams make no mistake we are in big trouble with this helm in charge.

• Like 2

Imagine if Rodgers told a Leicester city fan to FO&D then said to the media 

"I replied to one idiot in the stands and if he doesn't like what he sees, then don't bother coming.

"Maybe they ought to think about staying at home, we need support, their support.”

maybe he should to get the legend status 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

What, specifically, led to his 'downfall'?

Reckon something happened behind the scenes at the training ground.

Ever since that mental Bournemouth sub the players have lost trust. Seems to have been a downward spiral from then on with a few results papering over the cracks. 

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

"I replied to one idiot in the stands and if he doesn't like what he sees, then don't bother coming.

"Maybe they ought to think about staying at home, we need support, their support.”

The thing is many already have started to not bother coming, many others are now saying they are not bothering going until he's gone - So we're taking Pearson's advice now and he is right.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

The thing is many already have started to not bother coming, many others are now saying they are not bothering going until he's gone - So we're taking Pearson's advice now and he is right.

Yeah looked empty today

12 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

maybe he should to get the legend status 🤷‍♂️ 

He's to much of a coward to say such a thing, it's easier to respect a guy that owns what he says and doesn't pretend to be perfect.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

No. That’s all come because he’s a knob who has perennially knocked the supporters, serves up dire football for close to 2 years and doesn’t want to be here. I’ve never felt a connection with him but naturally that falls to the wayside when you’re winning FA cups.

You have an extremely unromantic view on the game, don’t you? 

Maybe just cynical on football. I just have had my days of veering from one extreme to another, and am perhaps less passionate than once was.

Do agree he needs to go, but not because he is a cock or what nonsense he spouts, just because results are not good enough

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

He was giving it the bigun that he could’ve gone to arsenal so we should be grateful to have him. Fans were complaining about him when we were 5th and won the fa cup. Hasn’t been able to sign anyone (as if we didn’t know that). Blamed everything again besides himself. 

It was the first interview I have heard this season from him and it was purely about protecting himself. He just refused to take any form of accountability, it really is shocking stuff. 

Yep, he thinks he is better than the club and always has. 

34 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I thought the performance wasn't too bad today.

I really wasn't sure about the Daka and Soumare subs, though. But Vardy and Mendy both did OK in the end and Nacho looked dangerous.

We've been far, far worse this season so I really didn't agree with the boos at full-time today. I get that it was because of frustration throughout the campaign and before, but there were definite positives today.

However, Rodgers' blame game doesn't half fook me off. He's not winning friends is he. I can't help the effect it might have on the players too. We can't change things up really because certain players are frozen out for so long and so thoroughly dejected and demotivated.

I still want Brendan gone, but we weren't all that bad today imo.

He gave Iheanacho 6 minutes plus added time. Crap management. 

27 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Ever since that mental Bournemouth sub the players have lost trust. Seems to have been a downward spiral from then on with a few results papering over the cracks. 

Bournemouth was grim but early in the following season, we played some of the most pragmatic football we ever have under Rodgers until the late season collapse. I think it's a gradual thing really, with the first 11 being generally the one Rodgers inherited and messaging going a bit stale was always going to happen. I never thought it would be to this extent though.