Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Where has Tanner actually said that Top still thinks Rodgers is safe? 

Not saying he’s safe, just Top wants to give him every chance but he heard and saw the protests today and will remove BR soon as manager if there is no immediate upturn in results. Next match is even bigger now. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Not saying he’s safe, just Top wants to give him every chance but he heard and saw the protests today and will remove BR soon as manager if there is no immediate upturn in results. Next match is even bigger now. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I saw a tweet which said top still doesn’t wants to sack him

That much rides on Thursday 

Surely every chance has passed? 

So it's just going game by game? What happened to the chance for the Bournemouth game? 

How is that even good for the club? Win against Leeds but lose against Wolves, and then it becomes 'he'll have Man City to save his job'? 

Hasn't his job rested on the next game for about 5 (6) games now?

:yawn: 

4 of which we failed to win, 3 of which we've lost, 2 of which were embarrassing hammerings, (1 of which was postponed).

He's going nowhere.

Edited by Matt
  • Sad 2

Just now, StanSP said:

So it's just going game by game? What happened to the chance for the Bournemouth game? 

How is that even good for the club? Win against Leeds but lose against Wolves, and then it becomes 'he'll have Man City to save his job'? 

Agree, he should have left some time ago. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Any result against Man City doesn’t affect his job status ……

that one is a freebie 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I saw a tweet which said top still doesn’t wants to sack him

That much rides on Thursday 

.....I bet Top has been saying that since last season, what happens after Leeds, gets another game, and what happens after that...!!!

If that is Top's present thought pattern, then he really is not cut out to be in his position.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Hasn't his job rested on the next game for about 5 games now?

:yawn: 

4 of which we failed to win, 3 of which we've lost.

He's going nowhere.

2 of which we got battered in.

This is incredible, the performance this season has been appalling, there’s no two ways about it. His credit should have been expunged after last season, he then spent half the summer talking down the club, we’re averaging 1 point every 2 games and we failed to beat the side sat 16th in League Two in 90 minutes.

This is poor performance on an incomprehensible level, even the most pessimistic fan wouldn’t have thought this was possible. 

The comments on the Tanner Athletic article are absolutely astonishing, people attributing the fact we have had one of the worst starts in PL history on the fact Top didn’t continue to throw good money after bad this summer.

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

2 of which we got battered in.

This is incredible, the performance this season has been appalling, there’s no two ways about it. His credit should have been expunged after last season, he then spent half the summer talking down the club, we’re averaging 1 point every 2 games and we failed to beat the side sat 16th in League Two in 90 minutes.

This is poor performance on an incomprehensible level, even the most pessimistic fan wouldn’t have thought this was possible. 

The comments on the Tanner Athletic article are absolutely astonishing, people attributing the fact we have had one of the worst starts in PL history on the fact Top didn’t continue to throw good money after bad this summer.

Shit! I'd forgot about that one, it's been a long season already.

A long, disgusting season.

“I understand football and it wouldn’t change my feeling for him if he did decide to make a change. He has given us support and in a difficult time he is still supportive.”

If this was in any way about some misguided sense of loyalty then Rodgers has just handed Top free pass to sack him. The mad thing is Rodgers clearly wants this bullet but it’s still not coming.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, HarryDee8 said:

Just watched his post match interview.  Keeps harking on about two 5th place finishes in the past. Also again came out and said the lack of summer transfers was to blame for the club's current position 

He also said it was hot today - diddums! It was 15 degrees max today.

Doesn’t help himself does he. 

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think he is genuinely gagging to be sacked. He’s not even coming over to the fans after the games. 

He wants his pay check so he can clear off to Spain for a bit. 

A manager who wants to be sacked, a club apparently not wanting to pull the trigger regardless of our position, players massively underperforming and reducing number of games to turn it around. We are fooked basically.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

What I don’t understand is, why can’t he just look at how we are playing and just say **** it, let’s go 442 and be hard to beat for a few games. Play maddison as sort of a 10/second striker and just try and grind out some wins. 

He doesn't know how to coach a team to play that way, not that it matters. Even if it were as simple as saying "right lads, just be hard to beat", he wouldn't do it - it's not how he believes the game should be played.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

What I don’t understand is, why can’t he just look at how we are playing and just say **** it, let’s go 442 and be hard to beat for a few games. Play maddison as sort of a 10/second striker and just try and grind out some wins. 

Not in his philosophy.

You're talking about a bloke who was pissed off we were 3-0 at half time.

A rigid, boring, possession game, is his view of how the game should be played.

• Like 2

Just now, Guest said:

He doesn't know how to coach a team to play that way, not that it matters. Even if it were as simple as saying "right lads, just be hard to beat", he wouldn't do it - it's not how he believes the game should be played.

But he must surely, and I mean surely, see that his way hasn’t worked for 18 months. It’s so boring and we aren’t even getting results now with it. 

Keeping Brendan in place despite our form and league position tanking is dangerous. Do players see our standards, ambitions dropping as an excuse to coast this season?

if so, how easy will it be to get back to competing for Europe?