Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

Keeping Brendan in place despite our form and league position tanking is dangerous. Do players see our standards, ambitions dropping as an excuse to coast this season?

if so, how easy will it be to get back to competing for Europe?

Competing for Europe?

We'll be competing for the championship playoffs next season if we don't get our act together.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Not in his philosophy.

You're talking about a bloke who was pissed off we were 3-0 at half time.

A rigid, boring, possession game, is his view of how the game should be played.

We won the league without keeping the ball.

ward

castagne

faes

soyunco

thomas

albrigbton

kdh

ndidi/mendy

barnes

maddison

Vardy/daka

Just now, Blue-fox said:

We won the league without keeping the ball.

ward

castagne

faes

soyunco

thomas

albrigbton

kdh

ndidi/mendy

barnes

maddison

Vardy/daka

Oh you don't have to tell me that and I agree.

But the club have changed their breif and we must play keep ball, it's the way to play football don't you know.

1 hour ago, Hinckleyfox said:

I’ve written about 10 replies to this, but managed to refrain posting them.

Before i give my full opinion on this, can I ask whether you have ever been in a situation like top was put in 4 years ago?

Oh come on man, you're allowed an opinion. I think I agree with you that his is a bit harsh but watching this shitshow, and his apparent lack of action, I think at least entitles you to an opinion, independent of his sad history.

It's not exactly an uncommon event that future generations in family businesses can struggle.

I feel that if things were going well he would want to be his own man and judged on his own merits, well the scales swing both ways. 

Nobody here does not sympathise and I think we as a fan base made that very clear. But, if he can't do it he should step aside. I don't necessarily want that but the criticism is definitely warranted. 

I've never openly criticised Top, probably largely due to those kind of reasons but no guilt trip is going to change our situation and we are Leicester fans, not Top's family business fans.

PS. let it all out @Hinckleyfox, don't hold back, it's cathartic and will probably make us all feel a lot better 😚

Edited by gw_leics772

19 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

“I understand football and it wouldn’t change my feeling for him if he did decide to make a change. He has given us support and in a difficult time he is still supportive.”

If this was in any way about some misguided sense of loyalty then Rodgers has just handed Top free pass to sack him. The mad thing is Rodgers clearly wants this bullet but it’s still not coming.

Apart from six weeks ago when he said he needed more help and support from the board?

50 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hasn't his job rested on the next game for about 5 (6) games now?

:yawn: 

4 of which we failed to win, 3 of which we've lost, (1 of which was postponed).

He's going nowhere.

Plus he’s without Maddison on Thursday, so it’s be nuts to give him that next match. 

29 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

“I understand football and it wouldn’t change my feeling for him if he did decide to make a change. He has given us support and in a difficult time he is still supportive.”

If this was in any way about some misguided sense of loyalty then Rodgers has just handed Top free pass to sack him. The mad thing is Rodgers clearly wants this bullet but it’s still not coming.

It’s genuinely amazing, his post match comments are basically hinting to Top … “do me a favour!!”

He hasn’t been over to the Leicester faithful at full-time in 2 games running, he knows his time is up! It really is that simple!

2 hours ago, Bert said:

I think this may have not so good consequences that may well detract from its intended purpose. I expect that Top would consider the air space over the ground as sacred, given how Vichai and other helicopter occupants were killed.

I get it and somewhat agree with the comments Rodgers doesn't want to be here and is actively looking to be sacked, equally in his eyes (rightly or wrongly) why should he accept a settlement of a lower offer than what he's entitled to, but rumours are the club offered him a settlement - now we're not privy to what the offer was or if that's even true but if didn't want to be here and is actively looking to be sacked or for an exit, take the settlement of the lower offer, everyones a winner.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I get it and somewhat agree with the comments Rodgers doesn't want to be here and is actively looking to be sacked, equally in his eyes (rightly or wrongly) why should he accept a settlement of a lower offer than what he's entitled to, but rumours are the club offered him a settlement - now we're not privy to what the offer was or if that's even true but if didn't want to be here and is actively looking to be sacked or for an exit, take the settlement of the lower offer, everyones a winner.

This makes a lot of sense given his comments. I was thinking how it could be that he wants to be sacked, and yet he’s still in post. Prolonged negotiations about his settlement, so already got one foot out the door? And these comments are just trying to influence negotiations. 

I don't expect him to have got sacked for a draw today. If it was to happen, then it would have been way sooner. I think the massive contract, has our hands tied. 

I don't understand why, he can't just tweek the system. The playing the ball at the back, to pounce, hasn't worked. Play the long ball, low possession to counter attack etc...Just do something else man.

And going by Rodgers, 'choke job records'. Few more games in, then we don't stand a chance.

This guys strategy has expired. He just can't see the sell by date. 

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers is absolutely wild ain't he. Last season the reason we struggled was because of injuries and a demanding schedule. Something most of us could almost understand, even if the injury problems were often exacerbated by our club.

Rodgers was confident without Europe and players back from injury we'd be able to regroup and have a good season.

He comes back from the off season in a huff because we've got no money, systematically ripped all confidence and any positivity from the club and started setting this agenda that we were now one of the worse clubs in the league and 40 points was the target.

This bull shit shouldn't be tolerated, he should be ran out of this club and held accountable by those in football who ought to be arsed to scratch the surface and realise how badly he has acted and behaved in 2022. 

He may well go on to have another successful stint at another club but his antics here shouldn't be ignored. He doesn't deserve a pay off, he should walk and apologise for what he's done to us.

Been absolutely shocking. The fanboys in the media who worship him don't help.

Cannot wait until he goes. Originally I thought it was a natural parting after a decent stint running its course, now it feels like a suffocation of hopes and ambitions and the club being damaged.

What the board are seeing to prolong this misery is beyond me.

• Like 2