Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, The Bear said:

Would you say he has lost the dressing room? The talent is all still there yet your attacking prowess has taken a massive dip for some reason. 

Seems the most likely source of the poor results is the player/manager relationship IMO. 

There’s hints - the running stopped last week at Bournemouth. There’s a number of the squad whom he uses scarcely or if at all. 

The attacking prowess has been off a while but we’d score excellent individual goals. Outside of Maddison, that’s dried up. 

38 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Would you say he has lost the dressing room? The talent is all still there yet your attacking prowess has taken a massive dip for some reason. 

Seems the most likely source of the poor results is the player/manager relationship IMO. 

...that's not an easy question to answer!!!

Maddison for instance,  now probably sees Rodgers as a mentor, irrespective of what was happening around him(Maddison) he would still want the ball because he believes he can affect the game.

There are other players in the team who may not agree with the way Rodgers has handled and dealt with other members of the group, so there will be some semblance if resentment even if they themselves are in the first team. Then of course you will have the disaffected,  who sees no future under him and waiting for the summer to try and find somewhere to resurrect their careers.

It is a disjointed mess, and it is a mess of our own doing as we continually fail to address the real problem. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rodgers-leicester-palace-job-chairman-7708482

This article is just rotten. The bit where he hints that fans frustration is only on him because it can't be for the owners, again suggesting we are only annoyed because of the summer is laughable.

There's 101 problems right now that stem from him and his management and it's like everyone outside of the fans only identifies the 1 issue of us not recruiting in the summer. If I had hair id pull it out, it's like shouting for help in a crowded street and no one can hear you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Attacking prowess hasn't been the issue this season, think we're the highest scorers outside the big 6 or close to it (excepting yesterday's game).

Problem has generally been our defence - we're simply not putting in the same level of pressures/tackles as we used it and not winning back possession as quickly. Allied with some poor individual errors and poor goalkeeping.

Typically, when we our defensive organisation sounded decent yesterday, we didn't score!

55 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Hmm. It’s interesting. I certainly think Vardy has had enough…. He’s playing for the fans now, but the likes of Maddison has come out and defended him, but then again he’s the only player Brendan is talking up. 

Not having Kasper at the club is huge because there is absolutely no way Brendan would be getting off so lightly saying the things he has been with Kasper in the dressing room, as I’m sure he would have challenged him, and probably have swayed the lads away from him. 

I think he’s battered the confidence of the lads so much that they genuinely believe they’re crap. So I’d say he’s destroyed the dressing room, rather than lost it.

Maddison didn’t come out and defend him he was asked a question and took some responsibility himself and said his and the players performances weren’t good enough and it’s not all on the manager. That’s just a standard answer he was never going to say it was all Rodgers fault that just doesn’t happen.

31 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Maddison didn’t come out and defend him he was asked a question and took some responsibility himself and said his and the players performances weren’t good enough and it’s not all on the manager. That’s just a standard answer he was never going to say it was all Rodgers fault that just doesn’t happen.

...no player comes out and blames a manager directly, but there is a way to do so, without actually doing so!!!

You can use the word "we" which would denote the team and its plan, such as "...we failed to make the adjustment when they made thier first substitutions ". That signifies the manager was at fault as opposed to an individual player. The statement explains the situation and where he saw the fault lay and the reason for coming up short in the game.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Surely, surely a CEO of a major company, can’t sit there and actually listen to his manager suggest that heat in OCTOBER was too much for the players. 

The excuses are so ****ing bizarre that Mulder and Scully want to question him. 

Just sack the absolute waste of breath. Pundits are even talking about us getting relegated, and keeping Brendans narrative alive. Sick and ****ing tired of this absolute bollocks. 

Show some bottle Top, bin him.

I see everyone is falling for the distraction technique 

So , not ITK but definitely a sign 😉🤣 This happened today.......

The mug is broken beyond repair, it's over , my beloved battered old mug is gone .

I also had a weird vivid dream that we appointed Ange 'the Greek' Aussie , the good times returned despite Celtic Fans and Chris Sutton being apoplectic with rage and putting a weird footy fatwa on our club. Not a choice of mine re manager btw just a weird drink induced dream.

If it happens, the real mug goes this week and Ange 'the Greek' comes I'm getting some hoop earrings and a crystal ball 👍

20221016_101922.jpg

It really is remarkable what an echo chamber we seem to have created regarding wanting the change of manager. The tiny faction of the match day attendees who genuinely want him gone and who will voice it always staggers me. Watched MOTD last night and it’s still the same loaded old tripe about give him time. Everybody outside the club telling us how lucky we are to have him.

It feels like that nightmare people have where they get stuck in a mental asylum but they can’t leave because nobody believes them when they say they aren’t potty. Feels like I’m in a straight jacket. 

• Like 1

I dont know if he's lost all of them but there's definitely problems with alot of them imo 

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

I think by and large he has lost them now. Those who he hasn't are likely on the way out soon anyway (Madders and Youri). 

Just now, Wymsey said:

Is the fear of costing the club £10m a genuine, valid reason in not being to sack the manager of an under-performing team?..

Surely not, would cost way more if we are relegated. However, if the funds required are tied up and just aren’t available, then remotely plausible I suppose

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Is the fear of costing the club £10m a genuine, valid reason in not being to sack the manager of an under-performing team?..

Money is not the driving factor. People have got to get that out of their heads. Its a distraction. 

The reason why Rodgers is still there is because Top still thinks he is the best man for the job, and Top will have the decisive vote on this. Until Top can be convinced he has to pull the trigger then we are stuck with him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rodgers-leicester-palace-job-chairman-7708482

This article is just rotten. The bit where he hints that fans frustration is only on him because it can't be for the owners, again suggesting we are only annoyed because of the summer is laughable.

There's 101 problems right now that stem from him and his management and it's like everyone outside of the fans only identifies the 1 issue of us not recruiting in the summer. If I had hair id pull it out, it's like shouting for help in a crowded street and no one can hear you.

The squad has hardly been improved since you got here you moron! That’s down to you and your buddy Congertons crap additions!

You and that d1ck are the main reasons why our squad is where it’s at and the guys you brought in last season are largely inept!

Your time is up BR and even the players are struggling to give their all to your dire tactics!

We’ve been declining steadily for about 2 years.

If you want premier league football next year, we have to sack this guy and quickly. The new manager bounce gets us midtable. I’m so convinced of that.

I actively want Sean Dyche to replace him. The guy has managed relegation scraps to European tours. He doesn’t mind dropping down into the championship and isn’t too proud to do so. He’d create a siege mentality about the place and the fans would get on board. Imo he’d be the most modern version of Pearson we’d get. 

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Money is not the driving factor. People have got to get that out of their heads. Its a distraction. 

The reason why Rodgers is still there is because Top still thinks he is the best man for the job, and Top will have the decisive vote on this. Until Top can be convinced he has to pull the trigger then we are stuck with him. 

I've been saying that for weeks, and I very much fear it's the case.  In which case we're *****d.

If we're honest with ourselves, what has Top done in terms of accomplishments for Leicester City?  Not his family - Top himself.  In the States we have an expression  - "born on third base and thought he hit a triple".  I think the evidence very much indicates he's in way over his head.  He probably sees Rodgers as his first big boy decision, and thought it was a real coup to get him.  Firing him now would be undercutting that fantasy, and he doesn't seem to be strong enough to deal with that.  The question is how he'll respond to being in the Championship with the massive financial losses that will entail.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

So , not ITK but definitely a sign 😉🤣 This happened today.......

The mug is broken beyond repair, it's over , my beloved battered old mug is gone .

I also had a weird vivid dream that we appointed Ange 'the Greek' Aussie , the good times returned despite Celtic Fans and Chris Sutton being apoplectic with rage and putting a weird footy fatwa on our club. Not a choice of mine re manager btw just a weird drink induced dream.

If it happens, the real mug goes this week and Ange 'the Greek' comes I'm getting some hoop earrings and a crystal ball 👍

20221016_101922.jpg

Gutted for you mate 🙌 I've lost many a city mug, I've turned some into little plant pot holders, bit dangerous though the sharp bits, I've stuck blue tac and tape over them.

They look shit the Mrs hates them, kids are a bit scared of them tbh. 

Still I like them so I'm keeping them and there's nothing she can do about it as driven mainly by her, we're a recycling household so upcycling she can not complain about. 

See lads this is how you win at marriage and life 👆 got to beat them with their own weaknesses. 

Apply this to Brendon:.. all I can think is to whip him with gucci belts.

• Haha 1