Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Not if that then means they come after Rodgers next year when the leg work has been done for him.

Judging by reactions after just a few bad games, it's not certain that Rodgers will still be here next year. He may even decide to jump before he is pushed.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If they are sensible the DoF will be first through the door

It seems so simple to me, decide how you want to play and bring in people that have shown capable of delivering that at club level in the past. The rest really sorts itself out when you have that kind of money available. The worst thing you can do is sign a name, throw money at the way they want to operate, then when it inevitably starts going wrong, you get a new manager who needs a whole new squad to play they way he wants. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This is true.

I would genuinely be shocked if he went to Newcastle, because they’re nowhere near ready yet to even challenge us. 

I listened to an interview with a chap from the Newcastle radio, he said the message is very much a case of sorting out the foundations of the club first, and then look to push for the top of the premier league once they’ve gained that stable premier league position and have the ability to be more financially flexible. 

It isn’t the right job for Rodgers now, if Newcastle become what their ambitions suggest, then in a few years maybe, but for now they’re still a long, long way away from where they want to be. A mad summer of spending won’t change that. 

...I do not believe you are seeing this right!!!

It is not about an instant turnaround and becoming competitive overnight, it comes down to probably the best opportunity that any aspiring manager could hope for. The chance to run a club with such a large war chest, and owners fully expectant of the task taking a period of time, and not expecting an instant fix.

If you look at the declaration of the pandemic, what some saw as a major catastrophe would have been the most exciting moment for the boffins, to be the one to come up with the vaccine that saves mankind, a complete life and career changing opportunity.

The existing managers at the big clubs (top 6) will not be rushing to go there but they (Newcastle) will perhaps be best served to go British, or a European manager who has worked in the Premier League previously. Worst case scenario would be for them going for Mourinho, it may be tempting but would be a poor move.

• Like 2

There's a journo on talkSPORT saying Rodgers should go to Newcastle because they're supposedly a bigger club. Fella named Shaun Custis or something. 

Edited by Koke

1 minute ago, Koke said:

There's a journo on talkSPORT saying Rodgers should go to Newcastle because they're supposedly a bigger club. Fella named Shaun Custis kr something. 

it is too early for Rodgers at Newcastle - first they need to secure their position in the epl with the donkeys they have.  I would suggest that hire Dyche or wilder for 2 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

it is too early for Rodgers at Newcastle - first they need to secure their position in the epl with the donkeys they have.  I would suggest that hire Dyche or wilder for 2 years.

Considering he's got a team of also rans and outcasts to an FA cup final and consecutive top 5 finishes, I'd imagine he'd relish the job at Newcastle.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

There's a journo on talkSPORT saying Rodgers should go to Newcastle because they're supposedly a bigger club. Fella named Shaun Custis or something. 

We've won more trophies in the last 6 months than they have in the last 60 years.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Considering he's got a team of also rans and outcasts to an FA cup final and consecutive top 5 finishes, I'd imagine he'd relish the job at Newcastle.

they can only bring in a couple in Jan - right now they need a manager who gets a lot out of a poor squad - IMO dyche or wilder - the fans wont like it tho

Edited by foxinsocks

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

I posted a video of it a few pages back. He's had a few comments like this before, when Benitez was linked with us before Rodgers came. 

Yeah, they may be a bigger club. Rodgers will want to be at a bigger club than them long-term anyway.

Rodgers isn't the man for the job yet. They need Man-City-Hughes type manager first. Someone half decent but with no real track record of success. Spend a bit of money and elevate them to a higher level in the league, then pull the trigger on someone (and players) bigger and better.

If you just go out and spend cash on superstars now you're just going to end up with mercenaries who ultimately want to run the show, which is just unsustainable, especially when there's no European Football to keep them happy.

This will be a long term project with bumps along the road, but too early for BR.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I posted a video of it a few pages back. He's had a few comments like this before, when Benitez was linked with us before Rodgers came. 

Yeah, they may be a bigger club. Rodgers will want to be at a bigger club than them long-term anyway.

they aren't bigger they are just a one club one sport city, other than stadium size they have nothing top make them a bigger club then us.

Money alone doesn't mean success 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

No one agrees a definition of what a 'Big' club actually is. On this occasion it seems that 'success' isn't a part of the equation. 

For our star players Leicester is a stepping stone and unfortunately Newcastle will be very attractive to all of our players. They've experienced the limitations of Leicester now for a few seasons.

Newcastle will have no such limitations. 

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

For our stay players Leicester is a stepping stone and unfortunately Newcastle will be very attractive to all if it's players. They've experienced the limitations of Leicester now for a few seasons.

Newcastle will have no such limitations. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

they aren't bigger they are just a one club one sport city, other than stadium size they have nothing top make them a bigger club then us.

I'd say they have a bigger supporter base around the UK than we do. 

23 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

They also have no other big clubs around them. Sunderland are the closest big club and nobody from Newcastle is gonna support Sunderland.

So different to being in the Midlands.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Even our long term crocked want new contracts!

nonsense article - the saudi's aren't speaking to agents !  the clickbaiters are making so much dosh from all this rubbish ......

I agree that its just click bait bollox but an example of what's coming down the tracks.