Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Probably a load of shite but believable tbh.:(

Excl: There was an emergency meeting called last night regarding Brendan Rodgers. No actions have been taken just yet — Khun Top wants to give him one final chance as he feels Rodgers is the right man for the job.#LCFC

....I do not understand who sits down and writes these things!!!

I read a similar post on Twitter, where he claims he knows people in the sporting circle in Leicester and that Rodgers had agreed to accept £6m and Thomas Frank had agreed to come in and it was all in the hands of the solicitors with an imminent announcement.

How many of these have we seen and nothing has come about, I am not sure what anyone gets out of writing these things.

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I do not understand who sits down and writes these things!!!

I read a similar post on Twitter, where he claims he knows people in the sporting circle in Leicester and that Rodgers had agreed to accept £6m and Thomas Frank had agreed to come in and it was all in the hands of the solicitors with an imminent announcement.

How many of these have we seen and nothing has come about, I am not sure what anyone gets out of writing these things.

You can be 100% sure that Rodgers will want 100% of his contracted severence pay, whatever that may be. He is an unsentimental operator when it comes to business.

11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Any news, @ramadaone, @themightyfin and reliable others?

Nothing will happen before Thursday 

there should already be a tactical plan in place for that game which is very winnable  - can’t see the club making a change in those circumstances. If we win Thursday and a couple results go our way on Wednesday then we are out of the bottom three. that’s the context 

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

there should already be a tactical plan in place for that game which is very winnable  - can’t see the club making a change in those circumstances. If we win Thursday and a couple results go our way on Wednesday then we are out of the bottom three. that’s the context 

The things is, it was always;

"We're not in a relegation battle, he'll not go until we are"

to

"We're not in any danger of relegation, he'll not go until we are"

to

"We're not in the bottom 3, he'll not go until we are"

to

"If we win, a couple of results go our way, we're out of the bottom 3."

The context, goalposts and narrative keeps being moved and changed. 

The football has stunk the place out for nearly 2 years, results have carried him through, until recently - yet excuses are still made, his position is still being justified.

• Like 4

Just now, Matt said:

The things is, it was always;

"We're not in a relegation battle, he'll not go until we are"

to

"We're not in any danger of relegation, he'll not go until we are"

to

"We're not in the bottom 3, he'll not go until we are"

to

"If we win, a couple of results go our way, we're out of the bottom 3."

The context, goalposts and narrative keeps being moved and changed. 

The football has stunk the place out for nearly 2 years, results have carried him through, until recently - yet excuses are still made, his position is still being justified.

The reality is that we have an owner that has decided that Rodgers will come good and its a hill he’s willing to sacrifice everything on to prove he’s right. 

He’s been the spoilt heir apparent his entire life and it means he won’t listen to absolutely anybody else on the matter. This isn’t about the right decision anymore, its all about massaging one mans ego. 

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

I get the impression that Top is more hacked off with the fans and blames us for having a 'bad attitude'.

In reality he needs to wake up and crawl out of Rodgers love blanket and come to his senses about the current state of play 

I initially thought that might be the case but then there's been way worse fan reactions to games last season and even in 2019/20 before covid, where there were lots of boo's but no banner and Top wasn't seen shaking his head. The last time our owners have been seen deeply unimpressed was back end of Ranieri's tenure and probably represents the horrible situation they find themselves in, knowing they have to sack someone they don't really want to but is long overdue.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The disrespect he's shown to the club and the fanbase wipes out any credit I gave him for the FA cup win. When he leaves I hope he stays well away from the club

Game of two halves, he's up there with O'Neill for part of his tenure here and then he's worse than Peter Taylor in the latter part. A real jekyll and hyde who needs to get the hell away from here and in time (if we stay up) the fans might be able to brush the horrors of 2022 under the carpet and acknowledge the excellent stuff he brought early on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Game of two halves, he's up there with O'Neill for part of his tenure here and then he's worse than Peter Taylor in the latter part. A real jekyll and hyde who needs to get the hell away from here and in time (if we stay up) the fans might be able to brush the horrors of 2022 under the carpet and acknowledge the excellent stuff he brought early on.

If he'd have gone last season or even the start of this one I'd have been the same but the shit he's come out with about the fans etc have left a really sour taste for me 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If the last 18 months had happened under Mike Ashley rather than the actually successful one's son then it'd be seen very differently. People need to wake up to this. Jury is massively out on him for me and I'm getting increasingly convinced we're in danger of nosediving ala Sunderland / Portsmouth. It sounds extreme but have you ever seen such selfdestruction as this? I've never seen anything like it.

You're 100% right, I don't think it's extreme I think it's a very real possibility if we do not sort this mess out quickly. I guess the silver lining we have right now is that it's not too late and this can be salvaged. We very seriously need proven heads brought in to help guide the ship in an advisory role, I'm assuming Top has advisors but they need sacking instantly.

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

The reality is that we have an owner that has decided that Rodgers will come good and its a hill he’s willing to sacrifice everything on to prove he’s right. 

He’s been the spoilt heir apparent his entire life and it means he won’t listen to absolutely anybody else on the matter. This isn’t about the right decision anymore, its all about massaging one mans ego. 

So your saying Tops backing of Rogers is much like the man's tactics inflexible to the current situation, an a stubbornness to any sort of change. 

1 minute ago, browniefox said:

I have just worked out a dilemma I'm having, i will be giving up my season ticket because I've had enough of this clown. But, if we go down we may get rid which means I'd get to see us in a competitive league where we'd stand a chance and may be entertaining again. 

FFS 

Get rid now 

I had this conversation yesterday. I come to the view that I support the club first and foremost, I’m not having Rodgers souring that for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Even if we win 20-0 on Thursday we'll still be in the bottom 3 whatever happens elsewhere. 

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Never from me, he's done so much harm that its tarnished any good stuff that's happened whilst here.

Anyway. IMO A lot of the decent stuff at the beginning was playing in a style he "inherited" and is polar opposite to the sh1t he's now imprinted onto the squad. As soon as Brendanball was our style it was the start of the end our flowing attacking identity and the beginning of the nightmare possession based tripe we have now.

So I suppose I'm alluding to to the fact that the early good stuff may not all be down to the little acidic dwarf but residue of our previous style petering out (well maybe not all I'll conceded, bit not as much as the media portray his brillance)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Never from me, he's done so much harm that its tarnished any good stuff that's happened whilst here.

Anyway. IMO A lot of the decent stuff at the beginning was playing in a style he "inherited" and is polar opposite to the sh1t he's now imprinted onto the squad. As soon as Brendanball was our style it was the start of the end our flowing attacking identity and the beginning of the nightmare possession based tripe we have now.

So I suppose I'm alluding to to the fact that the early good stuff may not all be down to the little acidic dwarf but residue of our previous style petering out (well maybe not all I'll conceded, bit not as much as the media portray his brillance)

In reality, how long did it last for? That run of wins we went on, we were fabulous. Then we drew to Norwich and everything went to shit. 

There’s been no consistency to his tenure. It’s been either or. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

So your saying Tops backing of Rogers is much like the man's tactics inflexible to the current situation, an a stubbornness to any sort of change. 

It’s not that he’s stubborn to change it’s that he thinks he’s right and Rodgers will come good. It’ll be symptom of being told how special he is his entire life. 

I mean if you go around calling yourself Top theres bound to be a lot of ego there. 

There is nothing I have seen so far that says he is going to inject enough life in to the squad to suddenly get 6 points from the next 2. That is what he needs really to justify the support after the Spurs shocker. We might draw Leeds and I think we will lose away at Wolves.