Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It’s crazy how much parallel there is between us and Villa Talk. You can Rodgers for free 

Lord Willard

Surprised there wasn't more booing at full time. If VP rang out the owners and CP would have to address the situation. 

35 minutes ago,  Lord Willard said: 

Surprised there wasn't more booing at full time. If VP rang out the owners and CP would have to address the situation. 

I think apathy has set in. 

Could you imagine such a thing happening here?...

14 minutes ago, tetly said:

He is a fraud! Surly he has ran out of acceptable excuses for why we are rubbish. Top and the board need to wake up. We need to get rid now we have enough quality to stay up. 

lol. Not laughing at you but more the fact that we're in a position where this is a relevant thing to say. We've got enough quality to push for Europe and yet here we all are, hoping we find a way to stay up. Absolutely ridiculous scenario.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dusty said:

That last sentence is ridiculous. Calling people out because they don’t want to stand at a football match with a flag saying “Brendan Out” and would rather watch the football is stupid. 

If you choose not to go to the game then fine, if you choose to go and protest then that’s fine too. But why call other people a bottle because that’s not how they want to spend their free time? 

You've got me wrong. That's only aimed at people who are calling for protest but aren't doing anything about it themselves.

23 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It’s crazy how much parallel there is between us and Villa Talk. You can Rodgers for free 

Lord Willard

35 minutes ago,  Lord Willard said: 

I think apathy has set in. 

All the midlands clubs have pretty passive fanbases in general 

Cov got shafted down to Northampton and then Birmingham without making a peep.

Derby clapped like seals whilst Morris was taking them full speed into oblivion.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Once we only pick up one further point in the next 2 games he'll finally get the sack. At which point the next manager has a hell of a job on their hands trying to keep us up.

We're about at the cusp now of where a new manager can keep us up, if he's here for the Everton game then I fully expect we're down.

If we need 40 points at the minute, it's 1.28 points per game.

If we need 40 points and we get one point from the next two games, it'll be 1.34 points per game.

If we get a point from the next two, but then lose the Man City game and it's 1.4 points per game.

Even with a new manager we're not managing 1.4 points per game over 25 games.

Only way we'll stay up is if we need 35 points or so to stay up, a new manager would get us that, if he's sacked by the Everton game.

4 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Derby clapped like seals whilst Morris was taking them full speed into oblivion.

The midlands is just as underfunded and neglected as the north, we just don't kick up a fuss about it. I think that may be reflected in the fanbases of the region's football teams. 

• Like 1

After Saturday I’m genuinely not sure whether he is completely oblivious to how he sounds at times, is so arrogant he thinks people will lap up anything he says, or is just trolling everyone. 

To blame the heat on Saturday is the behaviour of someone giving a big f-you or the words of a man who’s truly lost it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Derby did pretty much what we did in the Championship. The difference is they didn't go up and we did. 

Imagine how our owners would be viewed if we got another Sven type who blown more money on shit then we failed FFP and they left. Would have been a totally possible scenario too. 

Apologies if already posted , this  transcript of his words before storming out is incredulous and an outrageous  attack on the owners: 🤬

Asked whether reports of him being on £10million-per-year are accurate and whether this means he's too expensive to sack, Rodgers replied: 'I have read on the news what I am supposed to be on and I know for sure that is a total fabrication.

'It's nowhere near. I actually think it is a disrespectful question, very disrespectful. I never asked you how much money you are on or whether there is any blockage in your role from your owners. 

'I don't think you need to worry about my wages. If there is a stumbling block in anything, you need to ask the owners that. It's a disgraceful question.' 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Derby did pretty much what we did in the Championship. The difference is they didn't go up and we did. 

Imagine how our owners would be viewed if we got another Sven type who blown more money on shit then we failed FFP and they left. Would have been a totally possible scenario too. 

I mean, that doesn't seem too far from what's happening now. Brendan HAS blown a whole lot of cash, we do seem to be somewhere near the line of FFP and there isn't a doubt in my mind that Brendan wouldn't show our owners the same loyalty they've shown him if it all went to crap...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Apologies if already posted , this  transcript of his words before storming out is incredulous and an outrageous  attack on the owners: 🤬

Asked whether reports of him being on £10million-per-year are accurate and whether this means he's too expensive to sack, Rodgers replied: 'I have read on the news what I am supposed to be on and I know for sure that is a total fabrication.

'It's nowhere near. I actually think it is a disrespectful question, very disrespectful. I never asked you how much money you are on or whether there is any blockage in your role from your owners. 

'I don't think you need to worry about my wages. If there is a stumbling block in anything, you need to ask the owners that. It's a disgraceful question.' 

Not as disrespectful as trying to tell the us it was hot on Saturday.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Dodgy times them from King Power. Creating fake companies in deserted warehouses in Sheffield ffs.

They hired Terry Robinson too. Wouldn't be touched with a barge pole by most.

1 hour ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

...It is a stupid question he has no obligation to answer it, ask about the dressing room, the game, relationship with board, where he gets his weather details from but his wages are part of his personal space or should we be hearing journalists after every game Haaland doesn't score in questioning his wages also, you are on nearly £1m per week but you didn't score will you be paying some wages back into the club?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

The midlands is just as underfunded and neglected as the north, we just don't kick up a fuss about it. I think that may be reflected in the fanbases of the region's football teams. 

...back in the day this club used their voices!!!

Martin O'Neill still mentions the Sheffield game where he went over to the crowd, we could be bothered to let the board know our feelings, so what has changed?

Is it down to demographics,  social standing or have we become spoon-fed by the media, that this is the greatest show on earth and we need to appreciate what is on offer.

Why not congregate at the ground, with as many banners and flags and messages to the board to voice our dissatisfaction. We do not need a game to be on that night, in order for the message to get across. The TV cameras would certainly turn up, they need a story and the other media's would soon pick up on it. A couple of hours out of our time, with say 2000 people making their voices heard, would send a signal loud and clear.

Union F S to knock up a banner replicating the Liverpool Echo.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

...It is a stupid question he has no obligation to answer it, ask about the dressing room, the game, relationship with board, where he gets his weather details from but his wages are part of his personal space or should we be hearing journalists after every game Haaland doesn't score in questioning his wages also, you are on nearly £1m per week but you didn't score will you be paying some wages back into the club?

Yes I agree, him mentioning the owners blocking him carrying out his duties etc is the incredulous aspect.

Shutting down the inappropriate question is fully understandable but that could and should have been done without him throwing the owners under the bus , its not my fault go to!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MattFox said:

Totally agree. Forest too, totally compliant to penniless and/or crook owners that massages their ego. West Brom are meek. 

Wolves are prob the most passionate of Midlands fans, but way down tye list nationally