Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

45 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Yes I agree, him mentioning the owners blocking him carrying out his duties etc is the incredulous aspect.

Shutting down the inappropriate question is fully understandable but that could and should have been done without him throwing the owners under the bus , its not my fault go to!

Still not sure where he throws the owners under the bus, i read, if you think there is a stumbling block for the owners, ask the owners.. how is that throwing them under the bus he can't speak for the owners so says if you think they have an issue ask them, its very simple, just like i don't speak for my wife, my boss, my mates they will answer for themselves if someone asks me a question on what they are thinking.

He then later if anything defends the owners by saying "If there's any anger that will come anyone's way, it will be to me because it cannot be to the owners. They have been amazing here" but this is over looked as doesn't paint the right picture on the forum

ps I guess he is also lying about his wages being fabricated at £10m as well because someone on the internet said that's what he is on :dunno:

So current standing is 5 points from 10 games. Feels like he's going to get until the world cup whatever happens now. Looking at the fixtures (Leeds H, Wolves A, Man C H, Everton A, WHam A) I think we probably need at least 10 points from the next 5 games. Would be far from ideal still but we'd then be sitting on 15 points from 15 games which is just about head above water form.

There's almost no chance now that we go into the world cup looking comfortable. Best case scenario I could see would be 4 wins and a loss, so 17 points from the first 15 games. Anything below 7 from these games would be pretty disastrous, but with Man City at home and 3 away games in addition to the Thursday game, the Leeds fixture is absolutely massive. 

6 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

So current standing is 5 points from 10 games. Feels like he's going to get until the world cup whatever happens now. Looking at the fixtures (Leeds H, Wolves A, Man C H, Everton A, WHam A) I think we probably need at least 10 points from the next 5 games. Would be far from ideal still but we'd then be sitting on 15 points from 15 games which is just about head above water form.

There's almost no chance now that we go into the world cup looking comfortable. Best case scenario I could see would be 4 wins and a loss, so 17 points from the first 15 games. Anything below 7 from these games would be pretty disastrous, but with Man City at home and 3 away games in addition to the Thursday game, the Leeds fixture is absolutely massive. 

It's horrid isn't it, any way you cook it. We needed the new manager bounce at the start of this 5 game easyish run. Blood on their hands.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's horrid isn't it, any way you cook it. We needed the new manager bounce at the start of this 5 game easyish run. Blood on their hands.

Ric we could play a midfield 3 of Braybrooke, Tavares & Alves in the championship next season.

Sidnei is available on a free in the summer :P

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

We will get below 7 points, I cannot see anything more than 5 points realistically, absolutely criminal to be in this predicament but Rodgers is going to get up to the WC, shame Top hasn’t acted.

17 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Where is the actual quote about the temperature and weather? 

He said that we were slower than we would have wanted because of "the heat and the 12:30 start", and that the players "ran themselves into the ground today, it was a hot day as well for them".

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

The owners will be expecting any new coach or rodgers (if he stays) to get at least 30 points from the last 23 games.  That would mean we need to be on 10 after the first 15.  We certainly wouldn’t all agree that’s good theory ……. But it’s more than feasible.  Hence 5 more points before the break may be seen as not being absolutely disastrous.  it’s possible we won’t get to 10 ! 

I've always found the midday kick off excuses managers make as odd given players train in the morning and seldom in the afternoon or evening when they play games, so if anything it would be more alien to them to be playing football later on. Maybe it's because their bodies think it's lunchtime and we need to start kicking off at 10am.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

So you think we might get a home win v Leeds and 3 away wins at Wolverhampton, West Ham and Everton , after losing to a woeful Bournemouth and failing to score v a very uninterested Palace?

7 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Once we only pick up one further point in the next 2 games he'll finally get the sack. At which point the next manager has a hell of a job on their hands trying to keep us up.

Yep and will prove the absolute idiocy that we gave him these five games. It's the kind of idiocy that would make our relegation totally justified as well.