Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Top will not be letting him go, Top feels this situation is all his doing and feels he has let Rodgers down by not providing the opportunity to bring players in!!!

The earliest he could  make amends would be in the January window, but that is notoriously expensive and difficult to do deals in. Not much would have changed, it would still be one out and one in.

Top may be worrying about the decision he has made, and he is not winning any friends at the moment, but I believe he can only sit and watch this play out, he is committed to his decision,  right or wrong!!

If money wasn’t available in the summer, with the future as a premier league team.

I’d very much doubt they will be splashing the cash if relegation looks a real possibility.

unless it’s lower tier players on low wages for the future.

53 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Think everything he said was spot on.Never thought about how the players may feel with Brendan saying our aim is getting 40pts.

18 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

He's basically telling them they are only good enough to survive in  this league.

Absolute dogshit management, even if you genuinely have a relegation threatened squad, it is the job of the manager to motivate and make the players believe they are worldbeaters.

Sooner he is gone the better.

What was it Ranieri used to say?

Or was it ok because his motivation technique of taking multi millionaires out for a £12 pizza made up for it?

I’d imagine the number 1 target / objective for 14 teams at the start of every season is get to safety, it doesn’t mean that’s the ceiling, just like Ranieri.

Why get all hot under the collar because 40pts is mentioned, of course that’s are 1st target who knows after that I’m sure the squad aren’t sitting there thinking ok that’s all we have to aim for.

• Like 1

Doesn’t look like Jason Bourne is at the presser today :( :thumbdown: 

One of not many (only) who is actively calling him out and asking tough question.

The written press have obviously hit a nerve, he may have upset them with his attitude and actions, they might be smelling blood. :fc: 

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

What was it Ranieri used to say?

Or was it ok because his motivation technique of taking multi millionaires out for a £12 pizza made up for it?

I’d imagine the number 1 target / objective for 14 teams at the start of every season is get to safety, it doesn’t mean that’s the ceiling, just like Ranieri.

Why get all hot under the collar because 40pts is mentioned, of course that’s are 1st target who knows after that I’m sure the squad aren’t sitting there thinking ok that’s all we have to aim for.

It is always the objective of every Premier league club to stay in it, and 40 points is the accepted amount that should keep you there, but to say that from the start, especially with this group of players is demotivating, Claudio , let's be honest didn't think he had a league winning team and once we started to win, the 40 points was to keep the players grounded and was also a little tongue in cheek.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Doesn’t look like Jason Bourne is at the presser today :( :thumbdown: 

One of not many (only) who is actively calling him out and asking tough question.

The written press have obviously hit a nerve, he may have upset them with his attitude and actions, they might be smelling blood. :fc: 

Like I said the other night, the club is entering it’s North Korea state media phase. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Like I said the other night, the club is entering it’s North Korea state media phase. 

I did notice the other week OPA, Bourne, Tanner, e.t.c, didn't seem to be present at the presser which I found strange, the following week they returned though so i'm not sure there was actually anything in that.

15 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

It is always the objective of every Premier league club to stay in it, and 40 points is the accepted amount that should keep you there, but to say that from the start, especially with this group of players is demotivating, Claudio , let's be honest didn't think he had a league winning team and once we started to win, the 40 points was to keep the players grounded and was also a little tongue in cheek.

So yes means yes unless Rodgers ( or the wife) say it that’s the general direction of all comments to anything he says now

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How can he say the owner is "supportive" when all he's said all season is how we've not supported him in the transfer window?

The bloke is a grade A cvnt. 

Perfect Brendan for ya. Whatever fits his narrative at the time. He knows he’s on the verge of getting the sack & all of a sudden he’s rimming Top each week saying how amazing he is.

I just hope Top isn’t naive enough to not see through it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How can he say the owner is "supportive" when all he's said all season is how we've not supported him in the transfer window?

The bloke is a grade A cvnt. 

maybe he just means that Top attends games - hence he is supportive - just like lots of us !

he said on saturday that the owner was blocking him doing his job !  there are so many easy things to hit him with and the journos are scared to ask them. whoever asked the question about his salary on sat should apologise and then point out the contradiction in his replies. 

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

do we know if it was their journo who asked that question ??

Name on the article was Jim White, (not the Jim White formerly of Sky Sports currently of TalkSport).

But the article claimed "A little huddle had gathered round him in a corridor at the King Power to collect his views" so it could have been anyone.

How can he seriously believe the lop sided mess of a system we have been playing with this season has worked well?

Change formation?

“I haven’t thought so much about changing the system. A lot of what I’ve seen in the system has worked well for us.”

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

How can he seriously believe the lop sided mess of a system we have been playing with this season has worked well?

Change formation?

“I haven’t thought so much about changing the system. A lot of what I’ve seen in the system has worked well for us.”

****ing ****.

Going down under him.