Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

How can he seriously believe the lop sided mess of a system we have been playing with this season has worked well?

Change formation?

“I haven’t thought so much about changing the system. A lot of what I’ve seen in the system has worked well for us.”

I’m going to put my head in the sand and make up that he said that to not say to Jesse ,yeah we changing our shape and this player will play there, and I’m sticking with it 😝 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Doesn’t look like Jason Bourne is at the presser today :( :thumbdown: 

One of not many (only) who is actively calling him out and asking tough question.

The written press have obviously hit a nerve, he may have upset them with his attitude and actions, they might be smelling blood. :fc: 

I believe, could be wrong, that he stated on twitter that he was on leave or holiday this week so wouldn't be doing any media related duties.

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

What was it Ranieri used to say?

Or was it ok because his motivation technique of taking multi millionaires out for a £12 pizza made up for it?

I’d imagine the number 1 target / objective for 14 teams at the start of every season is get to safety, it doesn’t mean that’s the ceiling, just like Ranieri.

Why get all hot under the collar because 40pts is mentioned, of course that’s are 1st target who knows after that I’m sure the squad aren’t sitting there thinking ok that’s all we have to aim for.

Erm I'd imagine the key difference is Ranieri arrived when the team had just jad to win 7 out of the last 9 games to stay up and exceed 40 points and Ridgers arrived here and said he was here to deliver European football and went on to do so twice. In a season that was considered poor, we finished 8th last year and some 10-15 points clear of the 40 point barometer.

Expectations after our 6-7 years of being one of the most successful PL teams have changed and rightly so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

How can he seriously believe the lop sided mess of a system we have been playing with this season has worked well?

Change formation?

“I haven’t thought so much about changing the system. A lot of what I’ve seen in the system has worked well for us.”

I dont think the formation is the problem, it's the style of play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I dont think the formation is the problem, it's the style of play.

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

Style of play and the choice of players 

Bang on the money.

Out of interest is this something that’s just dawned or have you always been of this opinion?

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Bang on the money.

Out of interest is this something that’s just dawned or have you always been of this opinion?

I’ve been of this opinion all season. Last season was difficult because of the injuries. But Brendan Ball last season was also very frustrating.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Still find it weird that, in the current predicament, the manager doesn't see the owner after a game. Even more so that Top doesn't attend each game anyway. 

Either he is telling fibs or their relationship is broken 

my money is on the former and his answer means he can’t be asked what was said …

20 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Style of play and the choice of players 

And decisions on substitutions. The stat that we would be 5th now, if games ended at HT, says it all. At some point after 45 minutes, Bilbo either makes substitutions too early, or too late and often they are the wrong substitutions. And then compounds it, by sticking to the previous style of play, with the wrong players to play it (square pegs in round holes). The man is a complete tactical idiot!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Change formation?

Well if that’s how Rodgers feels about the system we play then we are in serious, serious trouble. Get this tool out of our club.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Either he is telling fibs or their relationship is broken 

my money is on the former and his answer means he can’t be asked what was said …

So what's Top waiting for? 

See if they can kiss and make up?

Maybe Rodgers will come to him with some flowers and a box of chocolates apologising. 

Top's way more culpable than Rodgers at this point - Whilst i'll still seeth at Rodgers for his disgusting style of football and his exclusion of certain players, i'll compare this situation to when people are fuming at a player for being awful but continually selected - They don't select themselves.

Likewise there is only one reason Rodgers is still in the job, that's the board/Top.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

Have to say his body language at today's presser was really poor, he looked as downbeat and uninterested as I've seen all season. I've thought this before and been wrong, but I do get the feeling Thursday is the last chance and anything but a win will see him gone.  

5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

If money wasn’t available in the summer, with the future as a premier league team.

I’d very much doubt they will be splashing the cash if relegation looks a real possibility.

unless it’s lower tier players on low wages for the future.

.. we keep coming back to the debate of lack of funds or FFP!!!

I believe it was FFP that was the reason for the lack of spending. We needed players to go

out in order for us to bring one in. If it was really down to lack if money, then, Maddison could have been sold, Barnes could have been sold and certainly Fofana did not gave to be sold to fix the leaking roof. 

We pay a good salary,  players are not going to look to take less and other clubs are unable to match what we pay. The clubs that could meet the prices did not want or need them, so we were left in a state of flux.

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Still find it weird that, in the current predicament, the manager doesn't see the owner after a game. Even more so that Top doesn't attend each game anyway. 

.. that does suggest that they are not on the same page!!!

Rodgers taking to scurrying down the tunnel at the final whistle could just be Rodgers being frustrated that he is still here. If Top is adamant that there will not be a pay off, then what more is there to say to each other. In any other club, there would be accountability, private conversation between the manager and his boss, as to his vision and some plan of taking the club forward, for there to be no communication between the two is bizarre to say the least.

Reading between the lines of Rodgers press conference,  he is covertly asking for Top to pull the trigger, it has not happened so far and you wonder if Rodgers knows when the hammer will fall,  and he is being kept in his position at Khun Top's pleasure.

Rodgers will not walk as the money is still on the table,  could Top actually be squeezing the pips out of Rodgers?

2 hours ago, bald reynard said:

And decisions on substitutions. The stat that we would be 5th now, if games ended at HT, says it all. At some point after 45 minutes, Bilbo either makes substitutions too early, or too late and often they are the wrong substitutions. And then compounds it, by sticking to the previous style of play, with the wrong players to play it (square pegs in round holes). The man is a complete tactical idiot!

His in game management is laughably bad. Also he should be kept well away from the players at half time

2 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Bilbo lol