Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

The fact he is still here is crazy should have been sacked months ago, we are just going through the motions and will get relegated as a result. Top needs to pay him up I know it’s a lot of money but the sooner we are rid of him the better.

I'm sure I've heard these two logical lines somewhere before! In an ideal word but obviously something major must be still preventing Top from doing so. Maybe the fact he stuck with Pearson when the chips were down in a similar way, if not to a much greater degree in our Great Escape season and that paid dividends, then perhaps he thinks Brendan can turn it around and do the same! 

Edited by Guy

4 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Interesting interview with David Cotterill who played for him at Swansea:

- Best training sessions put on as manager in his career 

- He missed 2 consecutive penalties, so Rodgers took him out of the first team squad and made train with the under 21s. Holds grudges. Reminded me of Cags being dropped following Spurs away last year and not seen since

- Liked to ship out a senior player at each club to show who is boss (Kasper for us)

- Has a click of players and knew everything about them, families / friends etc. But if not in that group, made to feel isolated. Could picture that happening now

Your 3rd point - likes to ship out a senior player ... - has eerily sinister echos of Peter Taylor.

9 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

- He missed 2 consecutive penalties, so Rodgers took him out of the first team squad and made train with the under 21s. Holds grudges. Reminded me of Cags being dropped following Spurs away last year and not seen since

- Liked to ship out a senior player at each club to show who is boss (Kasper for us)

- Has a click of players and knew everything about them, families / friends etc. But if not in that group, made to feel isolated. Could picture that happening now

- When your playing for him and is going good, it’s great, but it quickly changes (again can picture that now) 

- Tried to mentally break him. Called him in to train alone at weekends. In training games, didn’t blow up for fouls to hopefully get him to react with other players to give him an excuse to get him out

Im sure most managers are the same, but a good insight to Rodgers behind the scenes. 

You read this and think surely it’s not that deep? But then realise this is a manager who has a portrait of himself in his house, and you begin to believe it 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dames said:

If that's the case anyone know if Brendan's lad can be enticed into a Thai Orgy?

Well I can't see Basingstoke Town FC going on any Thai tours over the World Cup winter break personally re his son Anton's present team but maybe stranger things have happened! 

16 hours ago, Dames said:

If that's the case anyone know if Brendan's lad can be enticed into a Thai Orgy?

If his son's of a similar stature, we're going to need someone to volunteer to give him a leg up to reach the target, it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it. Be mindful however that if he can't manage the task then it will be somebody else's fault.

18 hours ago, WilmslowFox said:

Maybe not... we've won the FA Cup, League Cup, Community Shield, Premier League title, Championship title and League One title.  I suspect that Brendan has identified the League Two title as the biggest domestic trophy we are missing, and is getting us into a position to challenge for it in 2025/26.

‘I don’t even know what the Papa Johns Trophy is’

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 hours ago, alanf0x said:

- Has a click of players and knows everything about them, families / friends etc. But if not in that group, made to feel isolated. Could picture that happening now

- When your playing for him and it is going good, it’s great, but it quickly changes (again can picture that now) 

- Tried to mentally break him. Called him in to train alone at weekends. In training games, didn’t blow up for fouls to hopefully get him to react with other players to give him an excuse to get him out

Im sure most managers are the same, but a good insight to Rodgers behind the scenes. 

It all makes sense but David Cotterill is a very very strange bloke so I'm not sure I'd believe a word he says.

8 hours ago, alanf0x said:

- Has a click of players and knows everything about them, families / friends etc. But if not in that group, made to feel isolated. Could picture that happening now

- When your playing for him and it is going good, it’s great, but it quickly changes (again can picture that now) 

Exactly.

These sort of interviews maybe insights but also one sided. Just like people like Matt Mills who come out and slag Pearson off just because he dropped, then sold, him.