Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Genuine question - 

How many consecutive wins would it take for the vast majority of the fan base to be pro-Rogers again? 

Taking the Many City game out of the equation because I think we will all forgive a loss there, if we win all of our games until the WC would we all jump back on the Brendan bandwagon or has he done too much damage? 

For me, he criticised the club and I can’t stand for that. But I’m a fickle football fan so I’d be backing him again if we went on a 5 game winning streak and the performances were good. 

I should add the pivotal caveat to that - not a chance do we only lose one more game before the WC. 

Just now, Jakemoore said:

Genuine question - 

How many consecutive wins would it take for the vast majority of the fan base to be pro-Rogers again? 

Taking the Many City game out of the equation because I think we will all forgive a loss there, if we win all of our games until the WC would we all jump back on the Brendan bandwagon or has he done too much damage? 

For me, he criticised the club and I can’t stand for that. But I’m a fickle football fan so I’d be backing him again if we went on a 5 game winning streak and the performances were good. 

I should add the pivotal caveat to that - not a chance do we only lose one more game before the WC. 

I will never be pro Rodgers. At best I’ll be Rodgers tolerant. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Genuine question - 

Realistically four wins on the bounce is all it takes, as the table is so tight, three more wins back to back and we'd probably be 13th.

8 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Genuine question - 

Literally 2 wins against Wolves and Everton would have the majority on here back in bed with him. I'm confident of that, the average football fan can barely remember how they felt yesterday.

I'll be shocked if we pick up more than 2 points from the next 4 though. 1 is my prediction.

31 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Genuine question - 

(See 18/19 posts back) I can only answer for my self, but there isn't a number big enough with loads of "0000" for me to become Pro‐Todgers again.  But looking at the latest post Rodgers poll (and we have 11% to not sack at the time of typing) possibly another 4 or 5  games before the majority takes hold again...who knows let's  hope we never have to find out 

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Genuine question - 

Not sure I ever could. That's because the man is so arrogant, I don't believe he'd adapt as he needs too. So 10 wins on the spin could immediately be followed by a massive collapse undoing all that. He's done well but a year past his sell by date and he threatens to the long term health of the club.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

He's a good manager, there's not many of those availiable right now.

He may not be a top 4 or even top 6 manager in this league, but you could do a lot worse. There is no way in hell you finish bottom 3.

Classic outside opinion. We've won 13 or something games out of 40 in the PL. With our squad that is utterly disgraceful. Yes, he's a good manager but has a very short shelf life and he's gone way past that. Almost any manager would be doing better than what he has done. Slowly killing the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakemoore said:

Genuine question - 

My concern is him running down the club. That is unforgiveable in my eyes.

It is also worth noting that even if we survive this season, we have gone from chasing Europe to battling relegation.

But we all should be supporting the team. I felt like if we lost to Leeds, Brendan would be gone, but I was rooting very hard for a win regardless. 

• Like 1