Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

If we beat Wolves that would be 10 points from 5 games since Spurs. That is the form of a team at the top of the table. 

Whatever happens the squad is stonkingly stale and needs to be disbanded as is the managers ideas. I certainly don't think he is the man for a rebuild although Top seems to think he is god or something which is worrying.

My best case scenario is we beat Wolves, Villa sack Gerrard and Rodgers is offered their job and he sails off in to the distance. 

11 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

If we beat Wolves that would be 10 points from 5 games since Spurs. That is the form of a team at the top of the table. 

Whatever happens the squad is stonkingly stale and needs to be disbanded as is the managers ideas. I certainly don't think he is the man for a rebuild although Top seems to think he is god or something which is worrying.

My best case scenario is we beat Wolves, Villa sack Gerrard and Rodgers is offered their job and he sails off in to the distance. 

Villa have sacked Gerrard already.

26 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

We haven't had an away point all season.

I also think we don't need a whole new squad, just decent replacements for the players going next year.

7 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Really? He’s already one of the highest paid managers in the league. It’s a backwards step for him.

And for Villa.  They've just sacked Gerrard because they're 17th in the table.  I can't see them appointing the manager of a team doing worse, and with a better squad.

On 19/10/2022 at 13:12, Fox92 said:

We won't lose embarrassingly, if at all. Leeds are not good. Probably be a draw again more than anything but I'm hopeful for a home win.

Well, I overestimated Leeds. They're worse than "not good" lol 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I don't really care about the arguments for brendan in or out currently.

With only 6 more league games till Jan I hope we can win three and somehow get ourselves in a mid table position.

We need a goalkeeper, centre back and winger in jan. If top isn't going to sack him he may as well back him. Too many gaps in this team to avoid relegation as it stands.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

With only 6 more league games till Jan I hope we can win three and somehow get ourselves in a mid table position.

We need a goalkeeper, centre back and winger in jan. If top isn't going to sack him he may as well back him. Too many gaps in this team to avoid relegation as it stands.

At the very least some loan deals (possibly with a high loan fee and option to buy). 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Spot on.

Praet played very well out there to remind us what he can offer but let’s face it Firpo was muck and Praet had the better of him just by running in a straight line.

Definitely need a pacy RW as an out ball when making our 21st pass between the back 5, a new CB as Evans is shot - less sentiment needed with him as hate to say it but really hope they don’t offer him a new contract unless reduced wages and happy as 4th choice?

At the minute we are really relying on teams being worse than us than us being better than them. 

It's not sustainable but with that being said I can see us getting a result at Wolves. The true test now will be how we recover after being thrashed by Man City. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

bang on

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

At the minute we are really relying on teams being worse than us than us being better than them. 

It's not sustainable but with that being said I can see us getting a result at Wolves. The true test now will be how we recover after being thrashed by Man City. 

Well, isn't that football? You have to "better" than the opposition to win. Very rarely to good teams lose.

I've come to terms with the fact that Top is backing Rodgers and getting behind my club. I've put the whole Rodgers in/out to bed now. I've seen enough from the players to tell me that they are still all playing for him. Concentrating on winning as many matches between now and the World Cup....then we can re evaluate the manager situation but right now its clear nothing is happening especially after 7 points from 12 so this thread is sort of pointless and counter productive