Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Well, isn't that football? You have to "better" than the opposition to win. Very rarely to good teams lose.

But thats my point - We are plenty better on paper than many teams in the league but do we impose ourselves on the game and show that we are better? Not at the minute.

Our 2 wins this season have come from teams being worse than us. In either of those games I haven't sat there and thought we've blown them away. 

Against Forest we could have been down and out before we scored and then we won by pretty much 4 wonder goals and still looked shaky. Last night vs Leeds again we didn't really dominate or attack it was a matter of Leeds making mistakes and being worse than we were.

Every other game this season if its been stuck on us we've struggled.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Really? He’s already one of the highest paid managers in the league. It’s a backwards step for him.

It’s really not. 

Villa are a big club, with hugely ambitious owners who will spend. 

It’s a good fit for everyone, imo

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I don't really care about the arguments for brendan in or out currently.

With only 6 more league games till Jan I hope we can win three and somehow get ourselves in a mid table position.

We need a goalkeeper, centre back and winger in jan. If top isn't going to sack him he may as well back him. Too many gaps in this team to avoid relegation as it stands.

Spot on - can't be arsed to drag myself down with the debate. Just gotta get out of this shitshow

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Is this him drawing comparisons? Another dig? 

Regardless of it is or not, it’s more self preservation, Brand Brendan, Bullshit Brendan.

“Trying to build a team”?!

You’ve destroyed a team!

Killing players confidence, letting players rot, wasting £200m.

“A real impatience around the game” :crylaugh: 

Don’t get me started on how patient we’ve been as a club and fanbase.

I dunno. 

I'm firmly of the belief that Rodgers is an absolute windbag who should learn when to keep his mouth shut, but this just seems like a bit of a nice guy tactic showing support for another manager rather than a reference to our current predicament. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Is this him drawing comparisons? Another dig?

He goes on to say “the position we’re in” so it’s fair to say he’s including himself in what he’s saying.

Regardless of it is or not, it’s more self preservation, Brand Brendan, Bullshit Brendan.

“Trying to build a team”?!

You’ve destroyed a team!

Killing players confidence, letting players rot, wasting £200m.

“A real impatience around the game” :crylaugh: 

Don’t get me started on how patient we’ve been as a club and fanbase.

He says impatient, yet it’s been shit for a few years now. Surely he knows there will be a breaking point lol 

• Like 1

After his latest interview:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-rodgers-gerrard-aston-villa-7729207.amp

There is really not much of a way back for me. His ar*s covering is beyond belief. Bottom of the league and not one ounce of admitting having any sort of responsibility for his poor team selection / tactics / man management resulting in poor performance. He talks about responsibility, but it is only superficial after blaming everyone else.

I mean even top managers admit mistakes. This guy never does. Even if he is so blind sided he surely cannot believe that he has no fault in any of this.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

He says impatient, yet it’s been shit for a few years now. Surely he knows there will be a breaking point lol 

You'd say so and I agree.

However, as you say, we've been shit for a few years now and that breaking point hasn't been reached yet nor does it seem close from anything we hear.

It's beyond belief.

• Like 2

I don't think we were particularly good yesterday but the 1 shot on target thing is a bit harsh because I'm about 99% sure Barnes scores if the own goal isn't turned in. Thought the win was more down to Faes and Praet than anything else really.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't think we were particularly good yesterday but the 1 shot on target thing is a bit harsh because I'm about 99% sure Barnes scores if the own goal isn't turned in. Thought the win was more down to Faes and Praet than anything else really.

2 shots on target at home against dog muck isn't much more assuring though lol

• Like 1

This threads getting a little boring now.

We learnt weeks ago that Top and the board were sticking with Rodgers whether we liked it or not....no chance after 3 home clean sheets and 2 home wins a draw from last 3 home matches is he going anywhere anytime soon so I think people just need to get over it and get behind the team

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Plus we had at least one other clear one on one denied by a foul on Barnes as he was just about to get through.