Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I do have sympathy with Rodgers in that we needed a refresh in the summer to keep things competitive. Fergie, Pep and Klopp have all changed things when things were going well, but the way he has complained and gone about things leaves a sour taste. 

There was no need to dig out the current squad, blame our start on the lack of signings and undermining the players. I think it's partly why we've started the season so poorly, as when we've got into good positions in games, we've not carried on looking for the second/third and tried to sit back and hold on.

We may have needed a couple of players to get Europe but we certainly did not need a squad refresh to avoid relegation. Rodgers is a really good coach and to a large extent, there isn't really anyone better that we can currently attract. But there is no doubt that he has caused a lot of our current issues and whether he can get us back to those levels again is the question! I think our issues are all psychological and it's his job to make the players believe again! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He has to go, now. There is no way we can go into the rest of the season with his mentality and attitude at the helm. We will be doomed.

Must be a record as the manager who has been bottom the most times and never sacked

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

They just believe all the guff that comes out in the media. I likened some of them to Boris lovers… doesn’t matter what he does they’ll always come up with excuses for him - blind loyalty 

Exactly this, some people's opinions wont ever change, and that's fine, and upto them.  I wouldn't be suprised if some of his loyal followers didn't support Celtic before, now support Leicester, and will likely move to whatever Club he goes to next which again is absolutely there choice

23 minutes ago, shailen said:

Genuinely don't see who's available and realistic for us long term

This sounds like our transfer policy, we are going to need to get a manager that's a bit under the radar, like when we signed NDidi, Soyunchu, Justin. The bar really doesn't need to be that high, stay up this season, an restructure the squad aim for top 10 which shouldn't be crazy, an stabilise.

12 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Vincent Kompany probably be the best young manager we could go for.

It's not a bad shout this, a player they can respect an proving his managerial credentials with Burnley, someone that's new to management won't allow things to go as stale.

4 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

It's not a bad shout this, a player they can respect an proving his managerial credentials with Burnley, someone that's new to management won't allow things to go as stale.

Plus you get the Belgian bonus boost giving several players an extra 20%....

...in wages! :(

10 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Villa fans on Twitter still going on about how they would love Rodgers as their manager, from us paying him off to go to maybe receiving a pay off for him to go, unbelievable if true… :beer:

i'd like rodgers too if i were a villa fan, but only if he definitely gets sacked after two years.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Could be 14-16th tomorrow :ph34r:

Equally we could be 4 points adrift having played 4 of the other 5 sides in the bottom 6.

Which is especially bad because as of Monday we’ll have won two games in a year against a side which kicked off outside the bottom 6.

6 hours ago, shailen said:

I do have sympathy with Rodgers in that we needed a refresh in the summer to keep things competitive. Fergie, Pep and Klopp have all changed things when things were going well, but the way he has complained and gone about things leaves a sour taste. 

There was no need to dig out the current squad, blame our start on the lack of signings and undermining the players. I think it's partly why we've started the season so poorly, as when we've got into good positions in games, we've not carried on looking for the second/third and tried to sit back and hold on.

We may have needed a couple of players to get Europe but we certainly did not need a squad refresh to avoid relegation. Rodgers is a really good coach and to a large extent, there isn't really anyone better that we can currently attract. But there is no doubt that he has caused a lot of our current issues and whether he can get us back to those levels again is the question! I think our issues are all psychological and it's his job to make the players believe again! 

I've absolutley  no sympathy. We are in a position of his own making. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Plus you get the Belgian bonus boost giving several players an extra 20%....

...in wages! :(

Increasing wages is a sure fire way for a club to reduce performance levels, it has to be balanced as if you don't do it at all, players will want to leave, but if you do it to much like we have, the players lose that intrinsic drive to want to continue to keep improving.

4 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

This sounds like our transfer policy, we are going to need to get a manager that's a bit under the radar, like when we signed NDidi, Soyunchu, Justin. The bar really doesn't need to be that high, stay up this season, an restructure the squad aim for top 10 which shouldn't be crazy, an stabilise.

Yeah but it's a huge gamble. Would such an appointment take us to similar heights that Rodgers took us to in the past? I'm not saying change is not needed, I don't think that there's a better option available at the moment. 

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I've absolutley  no sympathy. We are in a position of his own making. 

I don't disagree as his attitude at the start of the season was terrible, but I only sympathise if he was promised funds to rebuild and then found out late he wouldn't get them. Going to the press is unforgivable as it should have been dealt in house but I don't question his coaching ability!!