Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, shailen said:

I don't disagree as his attitude at the start of the season was terrible, but I only sympathise if he was promised funds to rebuild and then found out late he wouldn't get them. Going to the press is unforgivable as it should have been dealt in house but I don't question his coaching ability!! 

....how many games did he lose on the bounce, other managers have been sacked for less!!!

It doesn't really matter from here in as Top and our supporters at the ground are not inclined to do anything, but keep the status quo. I suspect that there is an inherent belief within the majority that Rodgers will have us "Rocking all over the World," it is a bigger gamble, sticking to what we know.

1 hour ago, shailen said:

I don't disagree as his attitude at the start of the season was terrible, but I only sympathise if he was promised funds to rebuild and then found out late he wouldn't get them. Going to the press is unforgivable as it should have been dealt in house but I don't question his coaching ability!! 

The man himself has said he has full control, has bought in his own recruitment team and then then the players signed have been crap and on inflated wages. Just as we were warned by fans if every club he's ever managed at. 

It's his fault. It's a trend that's followed him everywhere. It's not a coincidence 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....how many games did he lose on the bounce, other managers have been sacked for less!!!

It doesn't really matter from here in as Top and our supporters at the ground are not inclined to do anything, but keep the status quo. I suspect that there is an inherent belief within the majority that Rodgers will have us "Rocking all over the World," it is a bigger gamble, sticking to what we know.

It's whether you think he's done enough previously to warrant more of a chance. Some may disagree and if he was sacked during our losing run, there'd be few complaints I'll admit. It's just when fans want us to lose so he can be sacked which I can't get my head round! 

• Like 1

It's whether you think he's done enough previously to warrant more of a chance. Some may disagree and if he was sacked during our losing run, there'd be few complaints I'll admit. It's just when fans want us to lose so he can be sacked which I can't get my head round! 

..  it is not difficult to understand the frustration of some supporters who would see taking a loss, in order to achieve something better!!!

He hasn't earned, for me, any credits which allows him the leeway that he has been afforded. For a long time there has been issues with his setup and strategies and an inability to adjust in games. The same problems appeared game after game, and his current squad is not that far removed from the team that achieved 5th two years on the trot, both under achievements, due to his inability to keep his players focused to achieve their goals. Yet he has derided them as not been good enough, and how can he achieve anything from a squad such as this, 40 points is his goal!!

You listen to his interviews and he is constantly saying one thing,  but setting out reason where down the line if he fails, it is due to a fault elsewhere.  His narrative is all about self preservation, he lies and uses other people to deflect from his failures.

It is very hard to support your team when the person charged with leading it, does not command your support,lacks integrity and is also unable to gain your respect. It takes a lot out of the match day experience, because any success by the team is naturally shared with the man running the team. You either become disillusioned with the club and find other past times, but you are then having to give up a major part of your live, because you are not able to separate one entity from another.

You can understand why someone would chose to lose a game of football,  there is a bigger picture we need to be taking a look at.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..  it is not difficult to understand the frustration of some supporters who would see taking a loss, in order to achieve something better!!!

He hasn't earned, for me, any credits which allows him the leeway that he has been afforded. For a long time there has been issues with his setup and strategies and an inability to adjust in games. The same problems appeared game after game, and his current squad is not that far removed from the team that achieved 5th two years on the trot, both under achievements, due to his inability to keep his players focused to achieve their goals. Yet he has derided them as not been good enough, and how can he achieve anything from a squad such as this, 40 points is his goal!!

You listen to his interviews and he is constantly saying one thing,  but setting out reason where down the line if he fails, it is due to a fault elsewhere.  His narrative is all about self preservation, he lies and uses other people to deflect from his failures.

It is very hard to support your team when the person charged with leading it, does not command your support,lacks integrity and is also unable to gain your respect. It takes a lot out of the match day experience, because any success by the team is naturally shared with the man running the team. You either become disillusioned with the club and find other past times, but you are then having to give up a major part of your live, because you are not able to separate one entity from another.

You can understand why someone would chose to lose a game of football,  there is a bigger picture we need to be taking a look at.

I can see some of the points you’re making here, however, anyone actively hoping we lose games and not wanting to turn things around, is not a supporter of the club.

People can have whatever opinions they like about players, managers and other personnel at the club and want them to leave, but come Saturday afternoon you back the lads. 

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I agree with a lot of the points you're making apart from the bit wanting to lose for the bigger picture, as that's a dangerous road to go down.

You mentioned Brendan took this squad to 5th twice and a FA cup win, I don't think many other managers would have been able to do the same, with the progressive football we played. But that's the past and in this current moment, he has acted in a way that has been disrespectful to the club. If he goes for that I'd have no complaints but I wouldn't sack him for his ability, as there aren't many better longer term candidates imo

18 minutes ago, John12345 said:

He seems to have eased some of the pressure on him by the recent results and clean sheets to the point where I could see him keeping his job (not being replaced during world cup) but lose today and I can see it being untenable again.

This is the view that will ultimately see us relegated. The boards reluctance to axe him is painful and dangerous. They’ve got to look at the long term picture here not wait until a result pops up and then sit back and high five one another. We will get relegated if Brendan stays, he has set his narrative and won’t deviate away from it due to the fact it will make him look like a twat. 

Other clubs have recognised that the long term prognosis isn’t good, hence why they have acted now. If we’re not careful they will benefit from an upturn in form, leaving us behind. I think, if he’s not gone by the World Cup, and we haven’t really hit any consistent form, we’re done. 

• Like 1

I agree with a lot of the points you're making apart from the bit wanting to lose for the bigger picture, as that's a dangerous road to go down.

You mentioned Brendan took this squad to 5th twice and a FA cup win, I don't think many other managers would have been able to do the same, with the progressive football we played. But that's the past and in this current moment, he has acted in a way that has been disrespectful to the club. If he goes for that I'd have no complaints but I wouldn't sack him for his ability, as there aren't many better longer term candidates imo

Really? 

Doesn't the last 18Mts+ prove otherwise.

Crap ‐team selections, subs, team formations/tactics, in game managment to name a few, add in  his arrogance and stubbornness these also contribute to his ability to do his job (or in his case his inability to do it)

12 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Really? 

Doesn't the last 18Mts+ prove otherwise.

Crap ‐team selections, subs, team formations/tactics, in game managment to name a few, add in  his arrogance and stubbornness these also contribute to his ability to do his job (or in his case his inability to do it)

We finished 8th last season and were effectively the best of the rest outside of West Ham. This was also in a season where we had loads of injuries and a decent run in Europe (albeit the conference league). Yes we should have done better in certain games, but it was still a relatively successful season. 

This season has been poor, but more due to a confidence crisis instigated by Rodgers imo. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, shailen said:

We finished 8th last season and were effectively the best of the rest outside of West Ham. This was also in a season where we had loads of injuries and a decent run in Europe (albeit the conference league). Yes we should have done better in certain games, but it was still a relatively successful season. 

This season has been poor, but more due to a confidence crisis instigated by Rodgers imo. 

OK, I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one bud..👍well it is a forum.

IMO ‐confidence is a factor but in no way is it the main reason for our current plight. Its the points I've made above ( Which are echoed by numerous outher posters) thats the reason.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shailen said:

How on earth could you not question his coaching ability? Count on your left hand the number of players you genuinely believe he's improved during his tenure. Then on the right, count the number you believe have regressed, been left out or want away. I think you'll need another hand. I wonder how that stacks up at Liverpool and Celtic also?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rodgers is an abosolute fraud.  Everywhere he goes he puts square pegs into round holes ... then benches them. He repeats this so that after two seasons he has a third of the squad he wont pick.   He balmes everyone else.... making him a terrible leader who is unworthy of respect.

There, i feel better now, as we need 3 pts today

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

How on earth could you not question his coaching ability? Count on your left hand the number of players you genuinely believe he's improved during his tenure. Then on the right, count the number you believe have regressed, been left out or want away. I think you'll need another hand. I wonder how that stacks up at Liverpool and Celtic also?

Can we expect a better performance away from home than what we delivered today?? Perfectly set up today!! 

Credit to the guy. The defence really has got its act together and he has taken 10 points from 5 games. By hook or by crook he lives to the world cup and beyond. 

Maybe shot up the Villa priority list after today. Could well turn around and give us the fans the 2 fingers and be on his merry way if asked.