Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

On 20/10/2022 at 23:34, dmayne7 said:

Classic outside opinion. We've won 13 or something games out of 40 in the PL. With our squad that is utterly disgraceful. Yes, he's a good manager but has a very short shelf life and he's gone way past that. Almost any manager would be doing better than what he has done. Slowly killing the club.

Who would you replace him with? Wolves finding it hard to get a good one in

Credit where credit is due but let’s face it, we haven’t won a game that we didn’t expect to get a result in yet?

More of the same though please and I will tolerate having Rodgers at the club, still wouldn’t want him being involved with the summer refresh.

With the players we have we should be doing a damn site better in the league. Kudos to Brendan for these results so far but it should be expected.  We are not a bad team, We should be where Newcastle are right now in the Top 6.

Guest Col city fan

I’ve written a few times now that I’ve never been as confused as a Leicester fan, as I have been during Rodgers tenure.

Two top 6 finishes when a CL spot looked like a foregone conclusion. From brilliance to rubbish across the span of each season.

Then winning the FA cup for the first time ever.

Promises of squad ‘rebuilding’ only to find that we were skint.

Then looking every bit a relegation side, with zero confidence, making lots of individual errors…. To a performance like that today when every time we went forward we looked like scoring.

Now I’m wondering if he CAN turn it around again…a thought that was miles away from my mind only 2/3 weeks ago!

🤷‍♂️

I don’t get it.. never have under Rodgers. We can become awful to sublime at the blink of an eye.

There is just ZERO consistency 

Edited by Col city fan

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

Can we expect a better performance away from home than what we delivered today?? Perfectly set up today!! 

We won against a very poor team today.  By 3.30pm Wolves had had 20 chance! Yes, it's goals that count but better teams with decent finishers won't be so forgiving. We've recently played some very poor sides let's not forget. 

Of course I'm absolutely chuffed about the win but, don't for one minute believe it's down to Rodger's genius. The overwhelming factor is that we have a far better squad of players than at least a dozen other Premiership teams and shouldn't be anywhere the position we are in in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve written a few times now that I’ve never been as confused as a Leicester fan, as I have been during Rodgers tenure.

Two top 6 finishes when a CL spot looked like a foregone conclusion. From brilliance to rubbish across the span of each season.

Then winning the FA cup for the first time ever.

Promises of squad ‘rebuilding’ only to find that we were skint.

Then looking every bit a relegation side, with zero confidence, making lots of individual errors…. To a performance like that today when every time we went forward we looked like scoring.

Now I’m wondering if he CAN turn it around again…a thought that was miles away from my mind only 2/3 weeks ago!

🤷‍♂️

I don’t get it.. never have under Rodgers. We can become awful to sublime at the blink of an eye.

There is just ZERO consistency 

The reason for this is he is stubborn. Only really plays one way. This has benefits and problems to it.

Benefits:

- The team gets used to that style and over time become effective at it.

- The style is highly effective. High press and clinical movement of the ball on the turnover can beat anyone, even the top teams.

- It can be exciting to watch.

- Players don't get confused and have a clear template to follow.

Problems:
- When the system doesn't work, it totally collapses.

- Means we are often not pragmatic and don't go for being more solid just to build confidence.

- We can lack versatility or a Plan B. Even when we change formation, the idea is the same.

- When we start a game badly, I feel like the game is already over. It's hard for us to get back into it or change things up.

Rodgers biggest issue among all his teams is that he's not great under pressure. For whatever reason either he himself feels it, or he's not able to deflect it off the players and it magnifies. That's IMO why is can be considered a good or even very good manager, but not an elite one. The job Ranieri during the title run-in is made to look even more spectacular compared to Rodgers.

It will be interesting to see how Potter does at Chelsea, because he strikes me as quite similar. IE possibly too nice to really create a Championship team in a top division.

• Like 1

He's staying, there will come a point I'll get behind him again but he needs to keep this up, and to be honest I think even then I'll have a chip on my shoulder over his behaviour since the second half of last season, pretty much everyone got blamed apart from himself, even when he did try to take some "responsibility" it was nearly always followed up by attributing problems to other parts of the club, even the fans got digged at. 

Credit we have improved, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here, Wolves, Leeds and Forest were absolutely horrendous. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

we've played some absolute dog shit teams at just the right time and still lucked out in some aspects.

I'm firmly in the out camp.

Oh behave....you just don't want to look fickle....he ain't going anywhere any time soon im afraid 

• Haha 1