Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Mentality manager strikes again. We’ll go on a ridiculous run now until our bubble bursts and everything goes wrong.

I just hope another side comes in for him whilst we are doing well. We all know it will go wrong again if he stays. The good spells are getting shorter and less frequent as time goes on 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve written a few times now that I’ve never been as confused as a Leicester fan, as I have been during Rodgers tenure.

Two top 6 finishes when a CL spot looked like a foregone conclusion. From brilliance to rubbish across the span of each season.

Then winning the FA cup for the first time ever.

Promises of squad ‘rebuilding’ only to find that we were skint.

Then looking every bit a relegation side, with zero confidence, making lots of individual errors…. To a performance like that today when every time we went forward we looked like scoring.

Now I’m wondering if he CAN turn it around again…a thought that was miles away from my mind only 2/3 weeks ago!

🤷‍♂️

I don’t get it.. never have under Rodgers. We can become awful to sublime at the blink of an eye.

There is just ZERO consistency 

Yeah, I agree. We have played some of our best ever football and worst ever football under Rodgers.

Though I suspect the truth is that we've been reasonably good for several seasons now and have forgotten some truly dreadful times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Yeah, I agree. We have played some of our best ever football and worst ever football under Rodgers.

Though I suspect the truth is that we've been reasonably good for several seasons now and have forgotten some truly dreadful times.

And we've been plagued by injuries the last few seasons.

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve written a few times now that I’ve never been as confused as a Leicester fan, as I have been during Rodgers tenure.

Two top 6 finishes when a CL spot looked like a foregone conclusion. From brilliance to rubbish across the span of each season.

Then looking every bit a relegation side, with zero confidence, making lots of individual errors…. To a performance like that today when every time we went forward we looked like scoring.

Now I’m wondering if he CAN turn it around again…a thought that was miles away from my mind only 2/3 weeks ago!

🤷‍♂️

I don’t get it.. never have under Rodgers. We can become awful to sublime at the blink of an eye.

Agreed in the main ..... to date! I think it still remains a moot point as to whether or not we'd have finished in the top four in Rodgers' first full season in 2019-20 had Covid/lockdown mk.1 never happened - resulting in operation re-start of course in which our form went from middling/poor to wretched re things like the total collapse at Bournemouth and with it then being pipped to fourth spot on the final day with the home loss to Mancs I think we were still on for a top four finish until that rude interruption came along. Had we finished in a CL spot that season then you'd like to think we'd have then had the confidence to repeat that the following season (rather than suffer the exact same fate all over again!), although all that is now hypothetical of course. Covid did really impact the sport in a lot of ways for the 18 months that it was rampant for though lest we forget, even down to our summer of no spending just gone re the impact it had on the King Power empire (even though as you alluded to, bizarrely we reached an FA Cup Final and finally won it in that time!). Overall it benefitted very few really! 

Edited by Guy

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I still don’t trust him with the huge rebuild thats coming next summer.

Especially since its the signings that have happened on his watch that left us in a dire position this summer.

Which is why the club is wrestling back control.

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

🤷‍♂️

Col, know what you mean, but in 60 years of supporting Leicester, apart from a couple of exceptions there has never been any real consistency from any manager. (Except under McLintock and Taylor!!) Even when we won the league we had a spell in March / April of not playing well but grinding out 1-0 wins.

Under both Bloomfield and MON we were brilliant one week and crap the next. 

It’s the nature of supporting the city. Sure we’ve got really talented players, but most of the league has as well. 

If there is a better manager out there, tell me who it is. Don’t forget that every available name has been sacked at one time or another for having a poor run of results and being slagged off by supporters. 

• Like 2

Interestingly in the 3 games we have won this season we have arguably allowed the opposition more of the ball and we have not played as much of the slow turgid possession based football that Rodgers craves. What interests me is where Rodgers has realised his tactics aren’t working and has looked to go to a faster based style where we play quickly and incisively rather than possession for possession sakes. My biggest fear is he reverts to type again soon enough and back to square one albeit with more credit in the bank with the owners. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Interestingly in the 3 games we have won this season we have arguably allowed the opposition more of the ball and we have not played as much of the slow turgid possession based football that Rodgers craves. What interests me is where Rodgers has realised his tactics aren’t working and has looked to go to a faster based style where we play quickly and incisively rather than possession for possession sakes. My biggest fear is he reverts to type again soon enough and back to square one albeit with more credit in the bank with the owners. 

As I've said before, as per 2015/16

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The improved defending is entirely down to the players getting their heads together and adopting the tactic that suits them best and has precious little to do with Rodgers.

Also seems to have coincided with the arrival of the set-piece coach?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Which is why the club is wrestling back control.

I hope that stays the case and Rodgers doesnt exploit Tops staunch backing of him.

20 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He always reverts to type. Like a moth to a bin fire he cant resist it. 

• Like 1

Some of the opposition we’ve faced have put in performances up there with the worst I’ve seen since we’ve been back in the premier league in Forest, Palace, Leeds and Wolves today. 

Can only beat what’s in front of you mind and they’re clearly still playing for him. Happy to reserve a bit more patience until the World Cup, but still don’t see long term how it’ll be any different to the state of play for well over a year now. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Dames said:

I still don’t trust him with the huge rebuild thats coming next summer.

Especially since its the signings that have happened on his watch that left us in a dire position this summer.

Huge rebuild coming????We'll see.

We as fans don't know any more than we see match day and personally speaking, it's a good job that I'm neither the manager or chairman. 

I can remember some very poor past City squads that shouldn't be referred to in the same sentance as our currant one and some even worse owners. 

• Like 1