Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, majaco said:

I became Rodgers out after three games.

He is currently going nowhere.  I will become Rodgers in if we qualify for Europe.  We still need to replace him imo

I think that's a bit ambitious, especially now Newcastle are a money club. By my reckoning that means there's 7 "big" clubs, with the likes of us, Brighton, Palace, Brentford and Everton all fighting for something. 

It's unrealistic to expect Europe every season. A club like us needs results and a good day out. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

I think that's a bit ambitious, especially now Newcastle are a money club. By my reckoning that means there's 7 "big" clubs, with the likes of us, Brighton, Palace, Brentford and Everton all fighting for something. 

It's unrealistic to expect Europe every season. A club like us needs results and a good day out. 

We are a long way short of where we should be with the players we have

2 hours ago, BrianSwan said:

Who would you replace him with? Wolves finding it hard to get a good one in

I'm not as finger on the pulse as some but there's plenty of candidates.

With all due respect to Wolves, the Leicester job is a much better deal for any manager (even the lack of funds may be something that changes in the next window and wolves have a policy that is dictated by the ownership and a super agent so that's not any better) so we won't have the same issues they do.

20 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Ambitious but not unrealistic. Our team is way better than Newcastle's. They will have the chance to progress past us but that's not guaranteed.

The fact you're lumping us in with those teams is ridiculous. Streets ahead of them in most aspects. Brentford and Brighton are exceptionally well run but still a level below us, and Everton are just a big name at this point. A big reshuffle of everything there might change that.

• Like 1

Still has a lot to turn around. These are expected points to have gained, he looks to have changed the defence for the better, but now it's making sure we pull away as far as we can from relegation before the World Cup.

He's done a lot of damage to his own reputation in plenty of fans' eyes, and deservedly so, so he has a lot to do to win that trust and respect back. 

The positive for the club nonetheless, is the recent results, clean sheets and plenty of goals. 

6 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’ll never be back to Rodgers In. 

And this is because my being Rodgers Out has been about more than just performances and results. He was willing to ruin the club for self-preservation and showed an incredible lack of respect to the fans, the board and the club.

I don’t believe we have turned a corner with Rodgers because of the result today, but even if we have I’ll never have any degree of warmth towards him again.

I gave my reasons in one of the other threads, fully agree. We are past the point of no return for other reasons than the football. The fan/manager relationship will never be healed. He has ruined/tarnished his legacy.

2 hours ago, whetstonefox said:

Did I miss it or did he not come and clap the fans at the end of the game?

Why the **** should he, is the real question. We (not including me) wanted to throw him under the bus and get rid.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I gave my reasons in one of the other threads, fully agree. We are past the point of no return for other reasons than the football. The fan/manager relationship will never be healed. He has ruined/tarnished his legacy.

Each to their own of course, but find this a bit silly tbh, expecting anything from Rodgers other than managing the team for matches is projection. He is a well known trope factory and we should not be surprised when he trots them out. His opinion holds no more water than anyone else, but he is entitled to it.

15 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Why the **** should he, is the real question. We (not including me) wanted to throw him under the bus and get rid.

Yeah you're right. I don't expect him to do that anymore. His relationship with the fans has gone. We can't have it both ways

1 minute ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

It’s interesting how the strongest anti-Rodgers voices are changing their reasons away from football. Personally when the facts change I change- I was tending towards out but for now at least I’m saying in.

Are they? The football we've served up is a good enough reason by itself but their are many reasons he should go. It's a pointless discussion now though as he's going nowhere anytime soon unless Villa help us out

Far too early to say in yet, still out, but I am asking him to take his to sit and have a cup of tea for a moment

Good form is promising and the play is improving, I won’t judge against Man City either, but I am one of few who don’t care about his weird dialogues it seems

It has to primarily be about results for me