Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

We’ve never really had too much of a problem putting away the poorer sides under Rodgers. I’m not sure the last few games really tell us an awful lot we didn’t already know. We’ve got 3 wins this season, against the sides 18th, 19th and 20th. 

We’ve been pretty poor in most games for a year now but have scored 4+ against Newcastle, Watford (twice), Southampton, Forest and Wolves in that time. 5 of those 6 games were against sides in the bottom 3 at the time.

The issue is we are incapable of beating anybody with anything about them. Two wins against sides higher than 15th in a year and as long as that remains the case we’re going nowhere.

You can, of course, only beat what’s in front of you and we’ve done that pretty efficiently in the last couple of weeks and it would be churlish not to give credit where it’s due, so credit to Rodgers and the team for the upturn in form.

Either side of the World Cup only 2 of our next 12 games are against sides currently in the bottom 6. Hard to imagine we’re going to on a run now given the form of the last 18 months.

Edited by ttfn

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Quite a few going very early with the “I told you so” type posts as if they’ve always been Rodgers In and that those Rodgers Out were premature. We’re still 2 points off bottom, let’s remember…

Too early to reach a conclusion on footballing matters it seems for both sides in this particular debate

Thing is, he's put himself under so much pressure that failure to beat Man City and we're back in it. That's how ridiculous it's got under him. Sad to say that I'm not surprised some on here seem to have forgotten that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMELcfc said:

He hasn’t done it for a while 

He's trying ( rightly so) to give the players the plaudits,and make sure there are not unpleasant words banded around,if he is there...!!

Fans in good times can throw out shit chants,that he as to listen from the ostrich-media stupid questions...

Going down the tunnel,no pressure on players..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Thing is, he's put himself under so much pressure that failure to beat Man City and we're back in it. That's how ridiculous it's got under him. Sad to say that I'm not surprised some on here seem to have forgotten that.

Man.city is seen as a freeby...

Home & outside pundits seem to agree,

We will lose,but we have a team that will pick up major pts against the rest..

I never listen to them, I want 3pts I want

,a masterclass...might not get it,but if we ruffle their feathers a little..

9 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

It’s interesting how the strongest anti-Rodgers voices are changing their reasons away from football. Personally when the facts change I change- I was tending towards out but for now at least I’m saying in.

I think a lot (including myself) have been about more than the football for a while so it’d be fickle to start not wanting him out due to a couple of good results against teams we should be beating. What is does do, is make it less pressing as we are less likely to be cut adrift by the World Cup than we were a couple of weeks ago. @Freeman's Wharfersummed it up with this,

I’ll never be back to Rodgers In. 

And this is because my being Rodgers Out has been about more than just performances and results. He was willing to ruin the club for self-preservation and showed an incredible lack of respect to the fans, the board and the club.

I don’t believe we have turned a corner with Rodgers because of the result today, but even if we have I’ll never have any degree of warmth towards him again

• Like 2

I have to hold my hands up, now that we're up to the dizzy heights of 16th (17th later) I'll have to admit I was wrong all along.

In all seriousness the post about his character and throwing us under the bus to save his own arse was correct for me. I think this never coming over to fans (not actually something I blame him for either) is a sign he might be the one that instigates the exit himself. That's not something you'll repair.

It's an upturn and I'm pretty confident we'll be OK this season now but this squad has no business being anywhere near the bottom three.

9 hours ago, ttfn said:

We’ve never really had too much of a problem putting away the poorer sides under Rodgers. I’m not sure the last few games really tell us an awful lot we didn’t already know. We’ve got 3 wins this season, against the sides 18th, 19th and 20th. 

We’ve been pretty poor in most games for a year now but have scored 4+ against Newcastle, Watford (twice), Southampton, Forest and Wolves in that time. 5 of those 6 games were against sides in the bottom 3 at the time.

The issue is we are incapable of beating anybody with anything about them. Two wins against sides higher than 15th in a year and as long as that remains the case we’re going nowhere.

You can, of course, only beat what’s in front of you and we’ve done that pretty efficiently in the last couple of weeks and it would be churlish not to give credit where it’s due, so credit to Rodgers and the team for the upturn in form.

Either side of the World Cup only 2 of our next 12 games are against sides currently in the bottom 6. Hard to imagine we’re going to on a run now given the form of the last 18 months.

The way Rodgersball is playing simply wouldnt last. Let every opponent shoot 1x times? Yes OK vs NOT LEE or WOL.

But against Haaland? Toffees? Bowen/Antonio? 

9 hours ago, ttfn said:

To be honest, even though we defeated bottom teams easily, we were not that great neither! Allowing the opponents to shoot tens of times every match. 

I have never got into the name calling, but I still wanted him gone, due to his antics during the summer.  Do I think he's earned a stay of execution? Yes for the moment, but lets not get carried away with a couple of wins against teams out of form.  If Rodgers finds his mojo again and we start playing like we did in his first 2 years, then he will probably end up getting more respect, football fans can be very forgiving.  Although some on here have probably gone to far down the rabbit hole.

• Like 1