Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

@damolcfc and @somebum laughing at this but not responding? I would never.

I have always been a critic of Rodgers' subs but he got them right. Wolves were coming back into it second half, we were fading, he made three changes which practically put the game out of sight. What's so funny about that?

I'm not saying we've turned a corner but yesterday Rodgers did everything right.

Did he do anything particularly different to what he normally does though? I feel like yesterday was a fairly typical match under Rodgers in terms of tactics?

5 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Did he do anything particularly different to what he normally does though? I feel like yesterday was a fairly typical match under Rodgers in terms of tactics?

Above line I highlighted the timing of the three subs.

4 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

He got the subs right, its fair to say that. Fresh legs in the middle and upfront to maintain the pace and press.

We've been aghast at his poor subs at times and seemingly deliberate refusal to use them at others so hopefully a penny's dropped.

• Like 2

I've been on the OUT side of things for a while but if he'd come over to the fans after the game he'd have received applause.  The Set Piece Coach and Wous have worked wonders and improved things massively. The acid test is Man City.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, l444ry said:

I've been on the OUT side of things for a while but if he'd come over to the fans after the game he'd have received applause.  The Set Piece Coach and Wous have worked wonders and improved things massively. The acid test is Man City.

Believe Man City are so far ahead that we cant use that as a Barometer of how far we have improved. Pity that this will be the last League Game leading up to the World Cup break.

13 minutes ago, l444ry said:

I personally thought if he'd have gone over to our fans some would have booed / chanted something negative towards him.

He clearly thinks the same and until he winning more games that'll be the way it stays.

If we get up in to the top half of the table I think most people will start to lay off him.

21 minutes ago, jerry said:

Believe Man City are so far ahead that we cant use that as a Barometer of how far we have improved. Pity that this will be the last League Game leading up to the World Cup break.

Acid Test as in fans reaction towards Rodgers.

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

The acid test is Man City?? Man City Premier league champions & on paper probably the best club side in the world, that Man City?

What exactly are you hoping for, i would certainly like us to put up a front but not sure i'd put this game down as a marker of progress & won't be calling for heads if we don't win, maybe the Everton or W/Ham games after this 1 would be better markers?

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I have always been a critic of Rodgers' subs but he got them right. Wolves were coming back into it second half, we were fading, he made three changes which practically put the game out of sight. What's so funny about that?

I'm not saying we've turned a corner but yesterday Rodgers did everything right.

I agree  , changed. 

Not laughing at you.

I have also said the same elsewhere 😊

Wouldn't say he did anything particularly out of the ordinary yesterday, but he got it right. I called 2 of his 3 subs during half time, and the minute he'd make them.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. The course was right for this particular horse etc.

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

Wouldn't say he did anything particularly out of the ordinary yesterday, but he got it right. I called 2 of his 3 subs during half time, and the minute he'd make them.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. The course was right for this particular horse etc.

To be fair he's seemed incapable of making sensible (even obvious) substitutions for much of his time with us, which rather elevates the event from the mundane to the exceptional when he does actively get it right. 

I'll give him some credit in that him and the players have put some sort of run together. However, what these five games have proven to me is that we possess far more quality than some other teams in this league. I am by no means 'Rodgers in' after a decent points return from our last five games. I can't possibly be until we are well away from this end of the table. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

The only thing we’ve done differently for me is be a bit more compact as a team, and the set piece coach has started to make a real impact … other than that it looks same old to me, and I can’t see any points coming from the next two games. Hope I’m wrong of course 

44 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The acid test is Man City?? Man City Premier league champions & on paper probably the best club side in the world, that Man City?

What exactly are you hoping for, i would certainly like us to put up a front but not sure i'd put this game down as a marker of progress & won't be calling for heads if we don't win, maybe the Everton or W/Ham games after this 1 would be better markers?

Wish people would read posts properly. 

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

A broken clock is right twice a day, what's your point, I don't understand, the guy is an idiot who less than occasionally gets stuff right but more often than not gets it wrong, we know this...If you had an infinite number of monkeys with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually... And etc

Edited by somebum

I'm certainly not "Rodgers In" after a couple of good results but I'm willing to give credit where it's due.  Yesterday was much more like what we know this team is capable.  The noticeable difference in the last two games is our lack of possession and willingness to press as a team. We're also moving the ball forward far faster than in the Rodgersball we've become accustomed to which is allowing us to make use of the space we create when we bring the opposition on to us. If this mini-run of form is down to Rodgers adapting his outlook then fair enough but I'll reserve judgement for a while yet. Great to see Vardy on the scoresheet.