Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Wish people would read posts properly. 

Saw your 2nd post after i'd sent so you refer soley to 'just the reception' he gets prior to kickoff & nothing to do with selected team, play or result then?

Maybe my inability to read your post properly was down to it not being that clear as you had 2 very different sentences, the 1st saying if he had come over to the crowd he would have probably got applause the 2nd about how set piece coach & Wout had worked wonders & improved things massively.

Your 3rd sentence simply said..The acid test will be Man C..& given this was straight after sentence #2 pointed towards its use with that :dunno:

• Like 1

I love his quote that we could/should have scored more. We had 5 shots in total lol. If we could have scored more, they could have scored about 10. I'm starting to think that we should actually worry for his own wellbeing as he's clearly off his rocker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rodgers always have patches where he seemed to have rescue a losing trend over the past 2 years when he has been forced to select players he did not want to select due to injuries.  Watch this space: As soon as Ndidi is back from injury, Rodgers will select him, we will struggle to get out of our own half, and we would lose while playing sideways-backwards football. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

I love his quote that we could/should have scored more. We had 5 shots in total lol. If we could have scored more, they could have scored about 10. I'm starting to think that we should actually worry for his own wellbeing as he's clearly off his rocker.

Man is in a world of pure imagination. 

23 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

The only thing we’ve done differently for me is be a bit more compact as a team, and the set piece coach has started to make a real impact … other than that it looks same old to me, and I can’t see any points coming from the next two games. Hope I’m wrong of course 

We're playing the best team in England followed by a decent side at home. Two tough games.

4 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Can’t believe 1 football manager is an admirer of another football manager who is considered by just about everyone to be the best of his generation. Just can’t believe it 

It's shocking. He should be burned at the stake for such heresy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Can’t believe 1 football manager is an admirer of another football manager who is considered by just about everyone to be the best of his generation. Just can’t believe it 

When Guardiola does an Alf Ramsey and takes a cheap third tier team to the first tier title , you will know he is one of the all time greats. He is good but managing some of the worlds greatest current players makes the job a lot easier. He is vastly better than Rodgers though.

Edited by An Sionnach

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

When Guardiola does an Alf Ramsey and takes a cheap third tier team to the first tier title , you will know he is one of the all time greats. He is good but managing some of the worlds greatest current players makes the job a lot easier. He is vastly better than Rodgers though.

that isn’t really relevant tbf 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Brendan an admirer of Man City?

A big admirer of Pep and his work?

Who would have thought?!

That last quote from Brendan sounds like we are going to sit tight and try to counter :nono:

1 hour ago, lee7 said:

That last quote from Brendan sounds like we are going to sit tight and try to counter :nono:

Do you think having a go at them and leaving space for city to play is the way forward then? The only way to play city is to sit deep and counter. 

I know Rodgers has made mistakes and I’ve been a firm Rodgers out supporter but we’ve had a decent little run and need to back the team and manager whilst he’s here. We can’t just criticise for the sake of it.

• Like 1