Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, lee7 said:

That last quote from Brendan sounds like we are going to sit tight and try to counter :nono:

That's surely what we want to do vs Man City?? 

Unlikely to work and we'll still probably lose 0-3 whilst offering little but better than getting tanked by 6 or 7

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

That's surely what we want to do vs Man City?? 

Unlikely to work and we'll still probably lose 0-3 whilst offering little but better than getting tanked by 6 or 7

I personally think that’s what they want. If you park the bus they will always win the game. Too much quality to keep out. 

The teams that have done well against them have been the ones that try to play the game in their half. They are far better at scoring than defending. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I personally think that’s what they want. If you park the bus they will always win the game. Too much quality to keep out. 

The teams that have done well against them have been the ones that try to play the game in their half. They are far better at scoring than defending. 

No I don't think so. A much harder game for Man City when you park the bus and you can stay have a threat on the counter or set pieces (not us of course but the point stands) 

If you were them you'd surely play a team who leave space behind for their World class players, rather than a team whose priority is to not commit anyone forward. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Do you think having a go at them and leaving space for city to play is the way forward then? The only way to play city is to sit deep and counter. 

I know Rodgers has made mistakes and I’ve been a firm Rodgers out supporter but we’ve had a decent little run and need to back the team and manager whilst he’s here. We can’t just criticise for the sake of it.

....I  really do not believe that playing on the counter is how Rodgers sees his team taking on Man. City!!!

He went toe to toe against them last season and was 4 down in a very short space of time. He had to change it up and sort to play with a better understanding of the defensive side and us being quicker and more direct 

A few seasons ago he went to a low block, he said it was against the way he wanted to play but the players were not all available to him. It was the right thing to do, but he got there by being limited with options, not by knowing how to approach the game.

I can see him going on the front foot for this game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Which is the way to beat them.

Going toe to toe and we get batter.

3 hours ago, frany104 said:

Do you think having a go at them and leaving space for city to play is the way forward then? The only way to play city is to sit deep and counter. 

I know Rodgers has made mistakes and I’ve been a firm Rodgers out supporter but we’ve had a decent little run and need to back the team and manager whilst he’s here. We can’t just criticise for the sake of it.

Most of the teams that play Man City and attempt to park the bus end up getting tanked anyway. 

I'd rather us have a go at them similar to how Brighton did recently than come out and just sit back. 

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No I don't think so. A much harder game for Man City when you park the bus and you can stay have a threat on the counter or set pieces (not us of course but the point stands) 

If you were them you'd surely play a team who leave space behind for their World class players, rather than a team whose priority is to not commit anyone forward. 

if you look at the recent games, liverpool (who only really attack) kept the ball out of their net. Brighton who largely sat back at first, looked beaten at halftime. They came out the second half had a go and suddenly looked on top, they got caught out eventually but they definitely made it a game. 

Then you can say the same for villa. They sat back and soaked pressure, it was like waiting for haaland to score but once he did they switched game plan and scored a goal and had one ruled out that shouldn’t have been. 

I’m not against keeping it tight at first but you need to be able to adapt once they get that goal. their philosophy is the football boa constrictor… keep the ball and grind you down until you eventually give in… There’s a sensible way of playing, you attack but you don’t over commit. It’s a game that you let the front 4 give everything but your holding mid and fullbacks have to think twice before commixing. Against man u, we gave away a cheap goal because of overcommitment, of course i know against man city that is a terrible idea. But we need to at least have a plan to take the game to them when we can, it needs intelligence. You can’t concede if you have the ball so we need to hold it as long as we can… but not in our own final third 

Edited by Lambert09

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Some of us are going to be in a world of trouble when we beat Man City tomorrow 😂

The risk of that is around 9% according the bookies ….

I doubt it was bigger when we won at their place two years ago 

robert jones with the whistle and kavanagh on var - that’s a guaranteed penalty to them at some point and if Harland isnt playing then gundogan prob scores it. 

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The risk of that is around 9% according the bookies ….

I doubt it was bigger when we won at their place two years ago 

robert jones with the whistle and kavanagh on var - that’s a guaranteed penalty to them at some point and if Harland isnt playing then gundogan prob scores it. 

We're going to win, I'm certain of it.

I guess with Forest beating Liverpool after our 4.0 nil win against Forest anything is possible.

I think BR is damned if he takes the game to them and damned if he sits in as they have so much talent. That it's hard to see us get a result.

However a result for us would be massive given our start to the season.

I think it will be an open game, though if we score first then he might try and shut up shop. Which I think is a mistake, but it's not easy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

We last won at the Eithad with 3 penalties, it wasn’t a master stroke.

We don't have to beat everything down that is good to us. I don't care how many penalties we got, not many PL teams go to their place and score 5. Enjoy it without over analysing everything, football is boring otherwise.

Vardy was sat deeper as I recall, on their playmaker. If Pep would have done that it'd be hailed a masterclass.

Anyway, that game we had more shots on target then them and more corners than them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

No, we don't, but the win at the Eithad wasn't just down to penalties and luck.

It was a decent performance, even the most avid BR out person can't deny that. 

It was more than "decent", it was good. If people can't enjoy scoring 5 against a side like Manchester City then there's no hope. Everything good seems to be put down on here.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

No, we don't, but the win at the Eithad wasn't just down to penalties and luck.

It was a decent performance, even the most avid BR out person can't deny that. 

It was a good performance, I wouldn’t deny that but it was a random, topsy-turvy game where we benefitted from the rub of the green (which you need against Man City).

Burnley at home last season was the same sort of game where we were the unlucky side.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

It was a good performance, I wouldn’t deny that but it was a random, topsy-turvy game where we benefitted from the rub of the green (which you need against Man City).

Burnley at home last season was the same sort of game where we were the unlucky side.

I honestly can't remember that one, was that the Vardy OG game?

Think I tried to forget a lot of the games from last season 

• Like 2