Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I honestly can't remember that one, was that the Vardy OG game?

Think I tried to forget a lot of the games from last season 

Making room for this season’s matches. Good idea

Fair respect today.  Nearly very nearly pulled it out of the bag.  Beaten by an immense goal.  Using the squad now too - Cags was a shocker. He actually made a sub at half time and the double sub was just what was needed.  The players are certainly playing for him.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Mixing it up again would be a mistake I think, we've stopped shipping goals with Faes and Dan in a 4.

The only possible change would be Evans for Big Dan, which honestly would be a little harsh.

Evans has to earn his place back. Its hard to see where he is going to get the chance right now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I wouldn’t say he deserves to start ahead of either Amartey or Faes at the moment though and we shouldn’t be playing 3 at the back again

Yes. That's a fair point. But he should be on the bench at least. I'm glad people are starting to have a bit of faith in Amartey.

I give him credit for a disciplined performance today where on another day we may well have picked up a point if not more.

I just think the Mendy sub was not necessary at that stage of the game. The plan was going well at HT in a style where that was absolutely no room for error. It was really naive for Mendy to give that foul away but I also think he hadn't settled into the game yet. I would have left KDH out longer who would have carried the concentration from the first half.

Maybe should have also let the shackles go after conceding. Left it a bit too late but equally I've seen us concede another shortly after countless times so credit for staying in the game

Edited by TK95

4 hours ago, trabuch said:

Possibly his best game for a while. But I think he was a bit late with the forward subs. And we came out a bit slack after half time. If he drops Soy next match I won't be happy though.

seemed strange to include him when he is so heavily strapped and obviously getting through an injury!!!

After all the things he said regarding the reason why Soyuncu was not being picked, even though he was on the bench every game and was overlooked, time and time again,  it was just strange for Rodgers to come out in the press with ringing endorsement of Soyuncu's attitude  and the professionalism he now sees in training. 

If you are going to play so deep Vestergaard would have coped, we have seen he can be an asset if we have to defend in a low block.

The possibility of a set back with Soyuncu's knee was made greater with his part in this game, I am not sure what will be gained if we lose him for the games prior to the World Cup, should Evans fail to overcome his ailment and someone in the backline gets injured.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we gave seen before, that what happens on Foxestalk,  bears little to no resemblance on what happens at the ground!!!

Only untill 3 weeks ago he was getting boos and people calling for him to get sacked at games, he's keeping his head down and rightly staying away from the fans. 

When we have the number of dheads we do I don't blame him from stay away because someone will probably launch a coin or something at his head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He got his tactics right today. Heard a lot of people say he should have gone for it earlier but Man City can take the game away from you in a minute, so I personally think tactically we did everything right today. A bit more luck and quality in the final third and we'd have a point today

6 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Only untill 3 weeks ago he was getting boos and people calling for him to get sacked at games, he's keeping his head down and rightly staying away from the fans. 

When we have the number of dheads we do I don't blame him from stay away because someone will probably launch a coin or something at his head.

Aye proper bear pit the KP is! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2