Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

21 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

He would get pretty much unilateral support in the ground and you know it. You think Rodgers doesn’t walk round the ground because he comes on here and reads the forum don’t youlol

He doesn’t need to read the forum. There was a banner in previous games and chants of “Rodgers out” at different games.

I don’t blame him for not acknowledging fans like he used to. 

Just now, Fox92 said:

He doesn’t need to read the forum. There was a banner in previous games and chants of “Rodgers out” at different games.

I don’t blame him for not acknowledging fans like he used to. 

No it's not something to be used against him. There's plenty of negatives to throw at him but I'm surprised anyone gives a toss about him not acknowledging fans 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

Back in relegation zone after nearly a third of the season gone. 
A long way to go but we are in a relegation battle, which with this squad shouldn’t be happening 

I think there are about 10 teams in the relegation battle atm so while not great its not just us a few wins though and we could be top half, plus our form over the last 6 games compared to the first 6 is massive so while we are improving others are starting to fall flat a bit, like you say long way to go.

Edited by whoareyaaa

20 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

Back in relegation zone after nearly a third of the season gone. 
A long way to go but we are in a relegation battle, which with this squad shouldn’t be happening 

It's still early, if you look at the table and see Fulham and Brighton 7th and 8th, with a gap of 8 points, I look at that and see no reason why we can't finish above both of them, if we finish the season stronger, which we should as the bar was set so low at the start, it will be a refreshing change, an may help build momentum for next season much like we did in 2015 and 2019.

17 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

It's still early, if you look at the table and see Fulham and Brighton 7th and 8th, with a gap of 8 points, I look at that and see no reason why we can't finish above both of them, if we finish the season stronger, which we should as the bar was set so low at the start, it will be a refreshing change, an may help build momentum for next season much like we did in 2015 and 2019.

I get the positivity but we were rubbish last season, throughout, it was looking like a low finishing position. Towards the end of the season, we managed a few good results, albeit against teams with nothing to play for and/or already relegated teams (But you can only play what's infront of you), there was a sense, from some, that we'd turned it around, finishing in a fairly high and respectful position given where we were and how the season was going, gaining confidence and momentum going into this season.

Clearly not.

Edited by Matt

I think Rodgers needs 3 points from the next two games or at least needs to be out of the bottom three by the World Cup, I think if we go into the world cup in the bottom three then Top may need to make a decision, basically back him with signings or sack him.

2 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

You do realise that we would need 45+ points from the remaining 25 games to get close to 7th or 8th this season don't you? That's 1.8 points a game for the rest of the season, not impossible as this squad has shown in the past it can pretty much do that for two thirds of a season but it's a real big ask. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You do realise that we would need 45+ points from the remaining 25 games to get close to 7th or 8th this season don't you? That's 1.8 points a game for the rest of the season, not impossible as this squad has shown in the past it can pretty much do that for two thirds of a season but it's a real big ask. 

I took it too mean not that we would need finish 6th or higher, but that Fulham and Bournemouth are highly likely to drop off over a season, and at some juncture we should be good enough to overtake them.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I took it too mean not that we would need finish 6th or higher, but that Fulham and Bournemouth are highly likely to drop off over a season, and at some juncture we should be good enough to overtake them.

What is this based on though? Not a dig just a genuine question 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

What is this based on though? Not a dig just a genuine question 

Think our trajectory is much improved and promoted teams generally fade after much effort early in the season

Well, that and hope. :D

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think our trajectory is much improved and promoted teams generally fade after much effort early in the season

Well, that and hope. :D

Only because the bar has been set so low but fingers crossed we push on. The next 2 games will be telling imo. 

I do think the quality in the squad will see us safe but I don't think we'll finish anywhere near Fulham personally 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Only because the bar has been set so low but fingers crossed we push on. The next 2 games will be telling imo. 

I do think the quality in the squad will see us safe but I don't think we'll finish anywhere near Fulham personally 

Guess we will see, but hope I am right. lol

On a related note, I rarely get jealous of other teams signings, but I was very jealous of Palhinha as he is a superb player, and felt he would be ideal for us.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Guess we will see, but hope I am right. lol

On a related note, I rarely get jealous of other teams signings, but I was very jealous of Palhinha as he is a superb player, and felt he would be ideal for us.

I hope you are too. As much as I want Rodgers out I take no pleasure in seeing us where we are.

Yeah he looks a real player. Seems like they've learned from their shoddy transfer strategy last time

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

True

I think we will finish somewhere around 15th - 12th and he should sail off in to the sunset to pastures new content with a job well done overall as we all press the reset button and start afresh. The club should never ever again give out contracts like smarties well above its ratio to turnover and put us in that position. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

No it's not something to be used against him. There's plenty of negatives to throw at him but I'm surprised anyone gives a toss about him not acknowledging fans 

My only hope is it's a sign at his end that this is done and he might be the one who instigates the exit himself. We have picked up but I'm nowhere near Rodgers in and I'm struggling to see what'll change that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

My only hope is it's a sign at his end that this is done and he might be the one who instigates the exit himself. We have picked up but I'm nowhere near Rodgers in and I'm struggling to see what'll change that.

It won't change for me. I have zero faith in him. This emphasis being placed on our revival after a couple of wins only shows how far the standards have dropped here

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It won't change for me. I have zero faith in him. This emphasis being placed on our revival after a couple of wins only shows how far the standards have dropped here

I don't think it will for me either because I think he's shown his true colours. We have picked up a little and I don't think anybody can deny that but I've got this horrible vision that we'd finish say, 14th, and he'd somehow manage to get away with spinning it being a good season.

This ultimately is a good squad that should've never even been in the discussion, and we're likely to hit January in the bottom 3.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

....he does tend to be asked questions regarding the supporters and as you would expect he sings their praises and that they help to push the team on!!!

It would be interesting if Radio Leicester goes back to asking the question, it would be a test of his diplomacy, giving his answer.

So over a third of the season gone & we have 11 points. At that rate we will have just over 30 points, this equals relegation.

We have 25 games left & probably need between 28 & 30 points to survive, something that should be no worry with the quality of squad we have. The big problem is our elite coach, we still have to play Liverpool twice, Newcastle twice, Man U & Man City away & Chelsea, Arsenal & Spurs at home. That is 9 games that, if yesterday's tactics are anything to go by, we are unlikely to try & win. So write those off & we have 16 games to get almost 2 points per game.

I would say that is very doubtful, unless BR decides to be more positive against the bigger teams (very unlikely) or preferably we get a new manager in with some refreshing ideas

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Can't have it both ways surely?

I'm not Rodgers in either but had we lost those games we ended up winning, we'd be in an even worse predicament. The fact that we needed the revival so that we're not left behind is emphasis enough. 

Standards haven't dropped. We still, as a fanbase, hope for much better days than what we have now. But wins were needed and we got them. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can't have it both ways surely?

I'm not Rodgers in either but had we lost those games we ended up winning, we'd be in an even worse predicament. The fact that we needed the revival so that we're not left behind is emphasis enough. 

Standards haven't dropped. We still, as a fanbase, hope for much better days than what we have now. But wins were needed and we got them. 

I'm not wanting it both ways. In my opinion he should've been gone a long time ago. Unfortunately it's clear he's going nowhere so this season is completely about survival now. Just don't think recent results warrant the hype that he's somehow turned things around

• Like 1