Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think the new head scout tells us the change of the reins of power when it comes to transfer control, otherwise, why would Glover come? I hope, and it is hope, that Brendan turns it around through coaching players he is given and jot selected.

Yeah hope that's the direction we're going in

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Whereas you'll just blindly defend him over anything. He shouldn't be here to spend another penny. It's not a difficult concept 

This is not at all true, but you accusing anyone of holding a position 'blindly' is pretty funny

• Like 1

Just now, turtmcfly said:

This is not at all true, but you accusing anyone of holding a position 'blindly' is pretty funny

My opinion is based purely on what I've been seeing so I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at. It's funny that the Brendan fanboys like yourself are the ones so opposed to anybody having a different view to themselves 

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

I'd hope with Congerton gone he'll have less control over transfers.

The concern here though is he's shown in the past that incomings get quickly cast aside or barely used and we don't know if they were players he wanted or club scouted. 

So much money has been wasted already.

I really hope there's mutual joined up thinking and acceptance from Rodgers on the appointment of Glover and the players him, Smithson and colleagues identify.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

My opinion is based purely on what I've been seeing so I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at. It's funny that the Brendan fanboys like yourself are the ones so opposed to anybody having a different view to themselves 

Yes, yes. But I'm not a Brendan fanboy. I was Brendan out myself a a few games ago (assuming a non-ridiculous replacement). I'm pretty meh about him in general.

What I'm not is extreme one way or another. Even knowing what we know now, you are effectively saying that if we could rewind to the end of August you would nix the Faes transfer. I absolutely don't have problem with you stating (let alone having) such an opinion - on the contrary I asked you for it. So I could point out how stupid it was

2 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Yes, yes. But I'm not a Brendan fanboy. I was Brendan out myself a a few games ago (assuming a non-ridiculous replacement). I'm pretty meh about him in general.

What I'm not is extreme one way or another. Even knowing what we know now, you are effectively saying that if we could rewind to the end of August you would nix the Faes transfer. I absolutely don't have problem with you stating (let alone having) such an opinion - on the contrary I asked you for it. So I could point out how stupid it was

My point is simply that he shouldn't be in the position he's in to recruit anybody. And you asked me if I thought that before we signed Faes which I absolutely did. I'm not flip flopping over a slight upturn in form which still sees us in the relegation zone. 

If however we're following a particular recruitment strategy where he just has to work with whoever we bring in then I'm fine with that. I just don't want him signing players that a née manager will have to overhaul in 6 months time if results don't pick up

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

My point is simply that he shouldn't be in the position he's in to recruit anybody. And you asked me if I thought that before we signed Faes which I absolutely did. I'm not flip flopping over a slight upturn in form which still sees us in the relegation zone. 

If however we're following a particular recruitment strategy where he just has to work with whoever we bring in then I'm fine with that. I just don't want him signing players that a née manager will have to overhaul in 6 months time if results don't pick up

As I've just said, he's got it in him to not use the players he's provided. I don't particularly like that scenario either. He really needs to just shake hands and go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The second highlighted sentence would have been a perfectly reasonable response to the question in the first, or as a caveat to your original 'he absolutely shouldn't ever be given another penny to spend here'. Without the caveat it is very easy to read as 'absolutely no new signings while he's manager'. Not sure why it took half a dozen questions/replies (from/to myself and others) to get to there though. 

I get the idea that even if he's not responsible for buying players he could under/misutilise them (you and your simple concepts). At the same time I'm trying to think of a manager we could attract (and nearly all the ones we couldn't) that the claim wouldn't also fit. And I'm not really sure 'misusing new players' is in the top 5 compaints I'd have about Brendan, or the top 5 reasons why we've been shite.

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

What if he bought a couple more Faes?

We very rarely find out who is the driving force behind any transfers Leicester make.  Obviously a lot of scouting gets done when bringing in players who are playing outside of the Premier League & I doubt that Brendan found Faes but I'm sure he was consulted using Video.

Obviously no-one. is fessing up to masterminding the Vestergard move. 

2 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

The second highlighted sentence would have been a perfectly reasonable response to the question in the first, or as a caveat to your original 'he absolutely shouldn't ever be given another penny to spend here'. Without the caveat it is very easy to read as 'absolutely no new signings while he's manager'. Not sure why it took half a dozen questions/replies (from/to myself and others) to get to there though. 

I get the idea that even if he's not responsible for buying players he could under/misutilise them (you and your simple concepts). At the same time I'm trying to think of a manager we could attract (and nearly all the ones we couldn't) that the claim wouldn't also fit. And I'm not really sure 'misusing new players' is in the top 5 compaints I'd have about Brendan, or the top 5 reasons why we've been shite.

I think you'll find that wasn't me who said that

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I think you'll find that wasn't me who said that

I think you'll find I didn't say it was. I can see a Foxfanazer thumb underneath the post that did though, and it served as natural conclusion to your stance on signings.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Give it 3 bad performances and Foxestalk will have written the kid off lol

Yep, then when Rodgers doesnt play him the same people will castigate the man for not playing him!

I seem to remember this exact scenario with Cags not too long ago.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Not a dig, but aren't you doing the same?

The fact you label them as 'Brendan fanboys' doesn't really help, either. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Not a dig, but aren't you doing the same?

The fact you label them as 'Brendan fanboys' doesn't really help, either. 

Agree that's petty.

I'm fine with people wanting him to stay honestly. It's just the gloating posts after a couple of wins as if all is good again

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Agree that's petty.

I'm fine with people wanting him to stay honestly. It's just the gloating posts after a couple of wins as if all is good again

Tbf it works both ways.

* bottom of the league * "I told you this would happen a year ago!!! Here's my post!!!"

19 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I think you'll find I didn't say it was. I can see a Foxfanazer thumb underneath the post that did though, and it served as natural conclusion to your stance on signings.

FT needs a 'real laugh' emoji and a 'laughing at you being a dense tw*t' one. I'm assuming one of each from you today and I do not want to know if that's not the case, not least because extracting any kind of centrist stance from you is bloody hard work.

Just now, turtmcfly said:

FT needs a 'real laugh' emoji and a 'laughing at you being a dense tw*t' one. I'm assuming one of each from you today and I do not want to know if that's not the case, not least because extracting any kind of centrist stance from you is bloody hard work.

Why do you care? If you disagree with my stance and its such hard work then move on! lol

I'm sure there are plenty that agree with you on here. Have a conversation with them!

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Agree that's petty.

No one was really gloating, from what I see. Probably just happy we're winning. Be it because it's 3 points on the board, we were getting off bottom spot, keeping clean sheets, players growing in confidence after a rough start, scoring good goals, organised defending, picking up good form.

No sane fan really thinks that everything is rosy, or that everything is great again, and that we're back on the march to Europe.

What they're probably just happy about is that we've won 3 games in the space of a few weeks after going through the best part of 2 months of the season not seeing their team win a game. And not just not winning, getting hammered in a few of those too.

People could just, you know, be happy their team has won a game or 3 :dunno:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

No one was really gloating, from what I see. Probably just happy we're winning. Be it because it's 3 points on the board, we were getting off bottom spot, keeping clean sheets, players growing in confidence after a rough start, scoring good goals, organised defending, picking up good form.

No sane fan really thinks that everything is rosy, or that everything is great again, and that we're back on the march to Europe.

What they're probably just happy about is that we've won 3 games in the space of a few weeks after going through the best part of 2 months of the season not seeing their team win a game. And not just not winning, getting hammered in a few of those too.

People could just, you know, be happy their team has won a game or 3 :dunno:

Which is fine. I'm so relieved we're not cut adrift already. Survival is the number one priority this season for me, whether that's with or without Rodgers (more likely to be with). This squad shouldn't be battling for survival imho but that's another debate.

My biggest concern is the acceptance of the drop in standards and expectations. I know you'll probably dispute that that's the case but imo it's happened/happening