Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

My thinking (and I may be wrong, so be it and fair enough if so), but you're mistaking happiness for acceptance of drop in standards overall.

I won't ever get my knickers in a twist towards another fan for being happy we've won a game, or even more than one.

In fact, I was delighted we smashed Forest, Leeds and Wolves. Devastated that we fvcked it against Bournemouth. My standards for wanting the club to succeed never wains, and I want us to compete for Europe again. In order to do that, we need to start winning games and beating the teams around us. Which we did. So how can it be that fans are called out for accepting we won some games?!

Great post to be fair mate.

I’m def in the “Rodgers Out” camp but the old saying, you can only play against the team in front of you springs to mind.

The Everton/West Ham game are the real measuring sticks for me.

I still believe his time is up here but he picks up at least 3 points and a decent performance (similar to the Man City one) and I will slowly start looking forward to football again under Rodgers (maybe).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Peace and love my brother :youri:

I do like 'boron' though. I might steal it if you don't mind?

Have at it, doll-face. The word (as an insult - I know it element Walsh in the periodic table) only came to me as I was drafting a replying to you, so it's half yours anyway. You have been my bastard insult muse

* I am not claiming this is a newly minted by me, or an insult I haven't heard before and just regurgitated. Just that I can't remember doing so.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

My thinking (and I may be wrong, so be it and fair enough if so), but you're mistaking happiness for acceptance of drop in standards overall.

I won't ever get my knickers in a twist towards another fan for being happy we've won a game, or even more than one.

In fact, I was delighted we smashed Forest, Leeds and Wolves. Devastated that we fvcked it against Bournemouth. My standards for wanting the club to succeed never wains, and I want us to compete for Europe again. In order to do that, we need to start winning games and beating the teams around us. Which we did. So how can it be that fans are called out for accepting we won some games?!

This. I'm absolutely sure from supporting us for this long that there's people who sit around me at games and people on here that get some weird buzz out of it when we've lost just so they can rub it in to other fans. It's such a strange mentality to be annoyed at other fans for being happy we're turning a corner. 

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

This. I'm absolutely sure from supporting us for this long that there's people who sit around me at games and people on here that get some weird buzz out of it when we've lost just so they can rub it in to other fans. It's such a strange mentality to be annoyed at other fans for being happy we're turning a corner. 

I think this was my point though. I'm not convinced we have turned a corner, not a conclusive one anyway.

I'm so relieved we've started to accrue some points and keep ourselves in the mix but I'm very wary to say we're back on the up. The wins were superb and I'm not putting a dampener on them but they have required us to be freakishly clinical. Everton and West ham will be perfect indicators as to where we are imo.

I certainly get no joy from seeing us lose games 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I think this was my point though. I'm not convinced we have turned a corner, not a conclusive one anyway.

I'm so relieved we've started to accrue some points and keep ourselves in the mix but I'm very wary to say we're back on the up. The wins were superb and I'm not putting a dampener on them but they have required us to be freakishly clinical. Everton and West ham will be perfect indicators as to where we are imo.

I certainly get no joy from seeing us lose games 

Maybe turned a corner is the wrong phrase for now but I can see a genuine change in our defence and the attack is good enough despite the need to be more clinical than the bigger sides have to be. 

I don't think we'd have won that Wolves game or Leeds game at the start of the season. We'd have battered Forest any week though 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Maybe turned a corner is the wrong phrase for now but I can see a genuine change in our defence and the attack is good enough despite the need to be more clinical than the bigger sides have to be. 

I don't think we'd have won that Wolves game or Leeds game at the start of the season. We'd have battered Forest any week though 😂

Yeah I totally agree regarding the defence. Can't deny that we've shored up, especially from set pieces. I think he's had his day here but whilst he's still here I wanna see us pick up as many points as possible 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah I totally agree regarding the defence. Can't deny that we've shored up, especially from set pieces. I think he's had his day here but whilst he's still here I wanna see us pick up as many points as possible 

I think regardless of what happens now he will be gone within a year. I don't think he had much genuinely loyalty to us before but any good feeling he had will be gone and the first chance he gets to go will be the day he goes. 

West Ham and Everton will be real scrappy affairs. They want points, we want points it’s gonna be tight. Tbf I don’t care how we win these games as long as we win then we can look and feel like we’ve had a proper reset in time to go again after the World Cup.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Way off on using Saturday's game/performance/tactics as an indicator of the clubs slipping expectations. We've played like that every time against Man City like that since we've come up - with possibly two expectations (one very notable performance where we completely ripped them apart). That's every manager doing the same sort of deep block, counter-attack, take advantage of errors and work from that. 

Now if you had made the comment after the Man U game this season I'd agree. Our sliding scale of how we perform against them would be an example of altering expectations. 

...I think you forgot the game last Christmas!!!

6 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

This isn't the turning of the corner...

It's not even the beginning of the corner...

But it is perhaps the corner... er... of the beginning.. or summat..

Think someone put it better once 🤔

Bulldog_portrait_Frank.jpg

13 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Rodgers is a parasite 

He wears a parasite hat 

He lives with Lee Congerton 

And we think he is a prat 

He bores us with his tactics

He bores us with his plight 

But when we play the big 6

We're bored all fvcking night 

Ohhhhhhhhh....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Another day and another round of absolute pointless berating.

We are in the relegation zone after 1/3 of the season. Its fully deserved and not pointless. 

If it were after 2 games i’d agree but we are 13 games in now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

We are in the relegation zone after 1/3 of the season. Its fully deserved and not pointless. 

If it were after 2 games i’d agree but we are 13 games in now. 

Yeah but you could paint it entirely differently and say with a couple of wins we could be in the top 10. 

We had a really awful start and have improved over the last few games. The next 2 are big markers, as everyone’s saying. 0 points from them and we’ll be in a pretty bad place again. 3 points or more and we’re probably heading for a season of lower middtable results. 

19 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Yeah but you could paint it entirely differently and say with a couple of wins we could be in the top 10. 

We had a really awful start and have improved over the last few games. The next 2 are big markers, as everyone’s saying. 0 points from them and we’ll be in a pretty bad place again. 3 points or more and we’re probably heading for a season of lower middtable results. 

You can but with the investment in the squad, manager and infrastructure over the past few years we should absolutely be no-where near where we are and we shouldn't have had the horror run of form that we had. 

Just because we *might* climb the table doesn't excuse the criticism. We are where we are and that in itself is not good enough. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dames said:

You can but with the investment in the squad, manager and infrastructure over the past few years we should absolutely be no-where near where we are and we shouldn't have had the horror run of form that we had. 

Just because we *might* climb the table doesn't excuse the criticism. We are where we are and that in itself is not good enough. 

This argument applies to a number of clubs , in particular Aston Villa who are bigger and wealthier than us and have invested a great deal more money.  Its not good enough for them , for West Ham , for Everton.  Along with them, we should be top half most seasons but try telling that to the rest of the PL and they will stuff entitlement down your throat.