Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

If you have told me after the Spurs game at this point we will be 18th with 11 points from 13 games played I would have taken it for sure. It is how the next 2 games play out for me. If we lose them both than Rodgers can do one. 

Tbh the first four away games were among the toughest we could have faced. I said prior to the season starting that we wouldn't get anything at Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs/Brighton.

That said, we should have got something at Chelsea.

It's the home games against Southampton and Brentford (and Palace but they are a better side than the other two) that have ruined our start to the season.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He's right. I rarely agree with DH but I do on this. It's the same stuff spun and spun and spun. It's almost as though some here thrive on misery. 

Everyone knows the position. Find something constructive to say ffs. Things are improving, maybe look at why that might be, and see if you can avoid denying the manager any credit. 

The same stuff is spun and spun when things are going well. It's just a different flavour because they aren't going so well. Thats the point of a site like this, to share opinions and discuss, a lot of people will inevitably share similar opinions. 

There are plenty constructive things to be said but on the flip side it's not hard to improve on rock bottom either is it? personally I'm not going to start singing Rodgers praises when he still isn't achieving the bare minimum. Fair enough he's improved on a horrendous start but that's as far as it goes. 

Either way if you don't like it or think it's pointless, ignore it. I doubt many would come here when things are well and tell everyone and moan about another day of pointless praise? No they'd join in because we've got something to celebrate. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

This argument applies to a number of clubs , in particular Aston Villa who are bigger and wealthier than us and have invested a great deal more money.  Its not good enough for them , for West Ham , for Everton.  Along with them, we should be top half most seasons but try telling that to the rest of the PL and they will stuff entitlement down your throat.

.. we are pretty much a settled team, you look around and those teams are unsettled due to new management or players coming in!!!

We are in a sense the same team that finished 5th twice and to an extent the same players inherited by Rodgers. We have grown together over these last seasons, we should be the consistent squad in this league, with or without a refresh. 

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. we are pretty much a settled team, you look around and those teams are unsettled due to new management or players coming in!!!

We are in a sense the same team that finished 5th twice and to an extent the same players inherited by Rodgers. We have grown together over these last seasons, we should be the consistent squad in this league, with or without a refresh. 

Hardly we have a keeper that had started 1 Premiership game in about 4yrs, a CB that’s 2/3yrs older than those seasons now closer to 35 than 30 playing with a new CB partner.

Out of any positions in any team those 3 positions needed to be settled as they form the bases of any and every team.

Liverpool have a settled team and got pipped to the title by 1pt last season, 3rd the season before and 1st the season before that yet having a shocker now, sometimes teams need refreshes.

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1

On 30/10/2022 at 16:35, fuchsntf said:

Your opinion,doesn't make it right or wrong...Just assumption on any timing of subs...

Both subs had 2 chances a piece,but didn't convert...This tedious yapping,looking for errors is getting pathetic.!!!

The decisions made in the game, the passes, shots, possession and various happenings are there to be be discussed. This here fan forum is the ideal place for that tedious yapping to take place. If I'd criticised Rodgers mannerisms, how he was clapping, what he was wearing and whether or not he winked at Sheila in row B as he walked back to his seat, I would get it being overly -critical. But having an opinion on substitutes - one of the key areas of the game - isn't exactly nit-picking.

21 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

This argument applies to a number of clubs , in particular Aston Villa who are bigger and wealthier than us and have invested a great deal more money.  Its not good enough for them , for West Ham , for Everton.  Along with them, we should be top half most seasons but try telling that to the rest of the PL and they will stuff entitlement down your throat.

No I get that and there is a sense of entitlement, i'm definitely guilty of it. Saying that when the club spends 100 million on training infrastructure, 10 million a year on a supposedly elite level manager, regularly spending 20m+ on players and has one of the highest wage to turnover ratios in the division expectations are going to rise. 

If we were like Burnley every year surviving on the footballing breadline and playing above ourselves then the lows like we are experiencing now would be more acceptable.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Tbh the first four away games were among the toughest we could have faced. I said prior to the season starting that we wouldn't get anything at Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs/Brighton.

That said, we should have got something at Chelsea.

It's the home games against Southampton and Brentford (and Palace but they are a better side than the other two) that have ruined our start to the season.

Agree with this. We are 5 points from 9th in the league which we could of got from Southampton, Brentford, Bournemouth and Palace...with a bit more composure or better finishing.

We still haven't played well this season really but it's such a close season a couple of good results have it looking a lot better than it does now. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iancognito said:

The decisions made in the game, the passes, shots, possession and various happenings are there to be be discussed. This here fan forum is the ideal place for that tedious yapping to take place. If I'd criticised Rodgers mannerisms, how he was clapping, what he was wearing and whether or not he winked at Sheila in row B as he walked back to his seat, I would get it being overly -critical. But having an opinion on substitutes - one of the key areas of the game - isn't exactly nit-picking.

If he doesn't use any subs I would agree..The timing ..just see how posters over FT have various thoughts

" Too early,Too late..terrible..good"..:dunno:...show fans also have split opinions...Also many use the subs to create negativity...

36 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

If he doesn't use any subs I would agree..The timing ..just see how posters over FT have various thoughts

" Too early,Too late..terrible..good"..:dunno:...show fans also have split opinions...Also many use the subs to create negativity...

I like to base it on how quickly we concede after his changes

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I like to base it on how quickly we concede after his changes

if it was a number not to your liking you are then getting into the realms of should he make substitutions at all just incase we concede straight after?
We all know the adage you don't make changes when the opposition has a set piece but other than that when is a good/bad time surely its down to the players to adjust & switch on to changes.

If your going to nit pick at the Mendy foul leading to a goal then again do we stop tackling, it was a challenge he could have made if he started, if it was in the 1st minute, 47th or 90th minute & regardless of when he was brought into the field of play.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dames said:

No I get that and there is a sense of entitlement, i'm definitely guilty of it. Saying that when the club spends 100 million on training infrastructure, 10 million a year on a supposedly elite level manager, regularly spending 20m+ on players and has one of the highest wage to turnover ratios in the division expectations are going to rise. 

If we were like Burnley every year surviving on the footballing breadline and playing above ourselves then the lows like we are experiencing now would be more acceptable.

When people such as your good self show this sort of awareness and insight it cheers me up a lot :)

32 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

When people such as your good self show this sort of awareness and insight it cheers me up a lot :)

Don't get too used to it lol 

I'll be front and centre of the meltdown if we have a bad result on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Don't get too used to it lol 

I'll be front and centre of the meltdown if we have a bad result on Saturday.

But you're honest - that counts. Many here have not got your self awareness. It makes a difference to those of us that differ in approach, I know I can at least talk to you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

But you're honest - that counts. Many here have not got your self awareness. It makes a difference to those of us that differ in approach, I know I can at least talk to you. 

I've been skeptical of Rodgers for 2 years and considering we finished 5th twice in that time frame and won an FA cup you have to have some self-awareness to realise how daft it could seem to other people. 

• Like 1