Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Was a reluctant outer towards the end of bad run, but I saw no way he would turn it around, and I am delighted that Brendan and Top have rightly told me to shove it up my ass and that they know best.

i was reluctantly out too, but never dug in about it - some guys got properly butthurt about a load of unsubstantiated nonsense mostly and there's a lot on here who still wouldn't change their mind even if we ended up in the top 8 again. it's become an obsession for them, they won't sleep until he's gone no matter the evidence to the contrary - it's the modern world though - dig in, double down, no room for change of opinion - so it's nice to see someone else who is willing to have a fluid opinion of things based on new evidence put in front of them. 

people go on about flip-flopping these days like it's some sort of mortal sin to re-evaluate and change your mind but digging into an opinion with no room for reappraisal be it political, football, etc. has become a sickness - become part of a tribe of opinion and stick to it until the death because it's become part of your persona. 

• Like 2

Everton afforded us ridiculous amounts of space, consistently lost possession, gifted us chance after chance and were shoddy in the final third. Great performance tonight nonetheless, but to me the telling indication of a turnaround was the attitude, the set up and the players response against Man City who despite lacking Haaland were very impressive.

Edited by Line-X

I was firmly in the out camp but am really happy we and he has turned it around. It’s clear to see the players are still playing for him and we’ve improved drastically. Fair play. 

it can’t be any coincidence though that the set price coach has come in and all of a sudden we look rock solid at the back?

There was a post on here by somebody who said the manager and the players have realised it’s staying as it is, and the realisation has set in from both sides to sort the mess out as there’s no other option, and no change is actually coming. That is absolutely spot on for me.