Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, lifted*fox said:

i was reluctantly out too, but never dug in about it - some guys got properly butthurt about a load of unsubstantiated nonsense mostly and there's a lot on here who still wouldn't change their mind even if we ended up in the top 8 again. it's become an obsession for them, they won't sleep until he's gone no matter the evidence to the contrary - it's the modern world though - dig in, double down, no room for change of opinion - so it's nice to see someone else who is willing to have a fluid opinion of things based on new evidence put in front of them. 

people go on about flip-flopping these days like it's some sort of mortal sin to re-evaluate and change your mind but digging into an opinion with no room for reappraisal be it political, football, etc. has become a sickness - become part of a tribe of opinion and stick to it until the death because it's become part of your persona. 

Yeah, will try to be the bigger man though. :D

Just happy for everyone that things are turning around in arguably the best (cheapest) way possible :scarf:

• Like 1

You can’t argue with the results frankly. He does seemed to have turned things around. All we can do is hope it continues and that we don’t see another fall off in form, like, off a cliff. 

Credit where it is due. Still out for me though, unless he wins the league, might reconsider then. 

• Sad 1

We've looked good for a few games now, but i'm still saying out and I think no matter what, it'll always be out.

Too many bridges have been burnt from either side. (People seem to be taking burning bridges as his comments, let me clarify I mean it in terms of him being rigid and insistence on play his way rather than an effective way for so long until it seems he's had to admit defeat)

Have we looked good because he's had to change? Because this certainly isn't his vision of football or philosophy given what we've had to sit through for 2 years.

We've seen spurts of playing in an effective way when he's been under pressure in that past, only to return to his way.

Winning obviously makes things look and feel good but there does seem a change within the camp and feel perhaps there has been some harsh truths told from Rodgers to the players and the players to Rodgers.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Shame he's burnt all his bridges at the club with his comments but fair play more recently it's been much better.

I only think that you could make a case for him burning bridges with fans. 

He clearly has the backing from Top and the club hierarchy.

These could soon repair if we keep progressing up the table. Ultimately, as fans, we are incredibly fickle and a mere uptake in form will and has changed views.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I only think that you could make a case for him burning bridges with fans. 

He clearly has the backing from Top and the club hierarchy.

These could soon repair if we keep progressing up the table. Ultimately, as fans, we are incredibly fickle and a mere uptake in form will and has changed views.

Given most of the replies in the "is there a way back for Brendan" thread, I'd suggest otherwise.

• Like 2

I was staunchly "out" and I'd still be happy to see him go, but... I have to say the team has completely turned around and that's got to be down to him at some level, so fair play Brendan, keep it going and I'll tolerate your presence 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Given most of the replies in the "is there a way back for Brendan" thread, I'd suggest otherwise.

Missed my point completely, when was that thread last active? 

It’s a result business and right now, the results are driving us up the table. 

Minus a few overly sensitive fans, I would bet a significant amount that nobody will care if this continues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Matt_Lcfc said:

Missed my point completely, when was that thread last active? 

It’s a result business and right now, the results are driving us up the table. 

Minus a few overly sensitive fans, I would bet a significant amount that nobody will care if this continues.

it's been a common complaint that the stands aren't filled with the same vitriol towards rodgers as the foxestalk echo chamber. 

i doubt many fans were hardcore 'rodgers out' as this place has been anyway.

• Like 1

I’m happy to be humbled by Brendan as it means that we’re winning matches and moving up the table.

How toothless are Everton? 

Lampard as a PL coach is laughable really, proven nothing to warrant it, I don’t even know what style of football he tries to play?

Football fans are allowed to be fickle, its a results business and our results were shite.

However, the last few games have shown a massive upturn.

And as I said in the post-match thread, performances like that show that he hasn't lost the dressing room.

If we continue on our current trajectory, I'm happy.

But if we slump and the rot really does set in...

Yeah, I've got splinters in my arse from sitting in the fence.

You have to judge by results. The start of this season I lay pretty fair and sqaure at Rogers feet. Yes there were problems with freshening up the squad. Yes we lost a very influential dressing room voice in Kasper and yes, at the last minuter we lost Fofana, but Rogers failed as a leader when it mattered. I was at Brighton and if he had been shown the door after that game I would have been delighted. However, once he seems to have put his own frustrations and dissappointments to bed and got his head back in the game, for whatever reason, you have to give him credit for turning it around. I think he has been outstanding in the last few weeks.

Edited by Jacnah
grammer

I think he has had a bit of assistance from this set play coach to point out the frailties in our play and he has clearly listened and learnt. Fair play they are solid at the moment and Brendan needs to take some plaudits. 

He has got the best players playing again. Tielemans the biggest improvement. If he has challenged him to show he can move to a big 6 club then fair play. It is working for us in the short term. 

• Like 1

I'm in the Brendan out camp and will stay there, I don't like his football and I don't like him. 

Happy when we win, happy tonight but would still like to see the back of him. 

I like exciting football and unfortunately Brendan doesn't give that. Moments of skill and magnificent goals are not his doing (I don't blame him for the shite defending either btw). His style of pass sideways backwards and not knowing his best team or when to sub who on and off (normally) have cost him my support. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1