Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I like exciting football and unfortunately Brendan doesn't give that. Moments of skill and magnificent goals are not his doing (I don't blame him for the shite defending either btw). His style of pass sideways backwards and not knowing his best team or when to sub who on and off (normally) have cost him my support. 

Don't we all?

But let's get the results right first, which is slowly happening, then we can work on that.

Kicking off in the relegation zone, away from home, we did what we needed to do, and it was impressive.

We've played swashbuckling football under him, and I think we could again.

But for now, let's do what we need to do.

• Like 1

Fair play - he's found a way to make it work, and we are not horrible to watch. We won't be bottom 3 by the WC, but i think the danger period is straight after. If Brendan doesn't get his signings, he's back on the coach to stropsville. 

You have to give him credit for the improvements not only in the team but also the individuals also.

Ward, Youri, Amartey, Soumare KDH are all performing much better now, And that can't be ignored.

Plus we're playing with a higher tempo now and the passing is so much better compared to early season.

He just needs to keep it going and add some more quality in the January Window.

7 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Don't we all?

But let's get the results right first, which is slowly happening, then we can work on that.

Kicking off in the relegation zone, away from home, we did what we needed to do, and it was impressive.

We've played swashbuckling football under him, and I think we could again.

But for now, let's do what we need to do.

Indeed we do. I don't think BR does though. Safety first which is where he's lost me. 1 striker apart from where we are chasing a game. Doesn't matter who we are against he sets us defensive. 

He's not for me, that's all I'm saying.

• Like 1

Just now, browniefox said:

Indeed we do. I don't think BR does though. Safety first which is where he's lost me. 1 striker apart from where we are chasing a game. Doesn't matter who we are against he sets us defensive. 

I get that mate, and we finished brilliantly against Man City with 2 up top, but he needed to pick a team to win a game today. He did that.

We know we're capable of playing fantastic football, and there were signs of it this evening.

Let's build confidence, get some results, then play expansive attacking football, ripping the 'lesser' teams apart.

You've got to show respect to sides in this league. If it was that easy, why are Liverpool where they are? 

22 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Fair play - he's found a way to make it work, and we are not horrible to watch. We won't be bottom 3 by the WC, but i think the danger period is straight after. If Brendan doesn't get his signings, he's back on the coach to stropsville. 

If we don't get January signings why is this team worse off than now.

.This squad is evolving...

Why should we always think we might use our best players.Why not have a more positive outlook..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not convinced he's fully turned it around, but would be great for him and obviously the club if this run of form continues. 

He’s probably realised he’s not getting sacked so he’s had to fix some of the issues. The set piece coach has also definitely helped. 

His shift in tone over the past few weeks has been noticeable too. You can tell his attitude isn’t stinking the place out anymore and the players seem a lot clearer as to whats going on. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

If we don't get January signings why is this team worse off than now.

.This squad is evolving...

Why should we always think we might use our best players.Why not have a more positive outlook..

Its not about you or I, its about Brendan. And he wants new signings.

Just now, Dames said:

He’s probably realised he’s not getting sacked so he’s had to fix some of the issues. The set piece coach has also definitely helped. 

His shift in tone over the past few weeks has been noticeable too. You can tell his attitude isn’t stinking the place out anymore and the players seem a lot clearer as to whats going on. 

Agree. Definitely. 

37 minutes ago, browniefox said:

This doesn’t really stack up when no one outside the top 4 have scored more goals than us this season.

Under BR attacking has never been our problem, throughout most of his reign we average close to 2 goals a game. Even when we are struggling we score lots of goals.

We are the top scoring side away from home in the league. 

I'm as vocal as anyone about him in the past and if I'm proven wrong like I often am then that's fine by me.

We evidently look a different team to 6 weeks ago and what I will say is, of all the plaudits Rodgers has rightly or wrongly been credited with over the years, taking a team that were the worst defensive team the PL has ever seen for a chunk of games to getting 5 clean sheets in 7 games is jaw dropping.

That impresses me massively. I hope he is truly reborn as a manager here, it would be quite some turnaround. Most managers don't get a chance to prove right or wrong fans, pundits, clubs etc when they've been part of such a horrifying start to the season but he's been given that chance and so far is showing he is capable of doing it and is likely going to revel in a bit of finger pointing.

That 2nd half performance tonight was spot on for me, I was pretty frustrated 1st half as a few too many looked off it and sloppy in a game that we were well on top but 2nd half was bang on it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Anyone who still wants Rodgers out needs head examining.....so many of us are eating humble pie but thankfully it tastes fantastic....fair play to the board for knowing far more than us lot

We’re 2 points above the relegation zone and average 1 point per game. 

Would anybody have accepted this at the start of the season?

We played very well today, have been consistently better for the last month and are on the right path at the moment but the overall performance this season has been poor. 

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

We’re 2 points above the relegation zone and average 1 point per game. 

Would anybody have accepted this at the start of the season?

We played very well today, have been consistently better for the last month and are on the right path at the moment but the overall performance this season has been poor. 

Just gobble up the 1700 pages and humble pie and wash it down with a glass of Coca Kolo