Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

We’re 2 points above the relegation zone and average 1 point per game. 

Would anybody have accepted this at the start of the season?

We played very well today, have been consistently better for the last month and are on the right path at the moment but the overall performance this season has been poor. 

We have had a tough start, but admittedly, we should be a minimum of 6 points better off. 

Nobody has a god given right to show up and be OK though. Look at Liverpool. You think they're OK with that? 

It's a strange season.

Didn't think he could turn it around but he's certainly doing the business right now.

Not sure where I stand, was Rodgers out and probably still in that camp but I'm not banging on the door to get him out whilst the goings good. My mind can be changed if this form continues.

Nice to see him earning his money and having the team playing to their level. Always out for me as he's a knob and abysmal when there's any pressure or doubt.

Will be nice if we can finish the mid season on over 1ppg though. 

The flip flopping is gross lol

• Like 1

Have to give the man some credit for how things have turned around in the last 7 games.

How bad we were in the first 7 is still worrying though. A couple of injuries and we could spiral again.

The squad still needs freshening up. We still need to move on some fringe players.

But we were superb today. And we're improving game to game. Fair play to Rodgers for that.

• Like 1

Some simple points

- The way he acted, the words he used, the position he put our club in financially. I’ll never forget, and from now until he leaves he’s just the bloke in charge of the team and nothing more to me.

- It’s all playing out perfectly for him now too, media will buy in beautifully to the “more players” narrative as Faes has changed us. 

- It’s okay to appreciate some good decision making and enjoy the run we’re currently on at the same time as thinking point one and two… we support our club not one manager or one player. 

• Like 1

Brendan was at fault for Brentford, lord knows what he was on that day, his comments about the squad seemed weird and I was sure he’d lose the dressing room, after spurs I thought he had, but I did feel he’d been sold short by the board and was given a very tough task and I did feel I wasn’t that bothered about Rodger’s being here as long as he got the players giving 100%, and that he has, and to give him credit, to continue with Ward has paid off, I never would have thought it so fair play.

• Like 1

I still think that at the minute he is doing the bare minimum that is required after that horror start.

How much if it is self preservation after realising his stock was taking a beating? It seemed pretty obvious at one point he was angling for the sack whilst his excuses and narrative would wash. 

I’ll refrain from saying he’s doing a good job but i’m glad that for the moment he’s parked his ego and perceived grievances and is getting on with the job, we looked finished at one point and now we look to be heading to midtable obscurity (which is a miracle after the start we had). 

The next big worry will be his obsession with control rearing its head, it’s like herpes, can never fully get rid and it always comes back. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Have to give the man some credit for how things have turned around in the last 7 games.

How bad we were in the first 7 is still worrying though. A couple of injuries and we could spiral again.

The squad still needs freshening up. We still need to move on some fringe players.

But we were superb today. And we're improving game to game. Fair play to Rodgers for that.

Lack of incoming transfers isn't Rodger's fault though. 

3 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I love managers that can manage their way out of a hole. It's a massive green flag. 

The flipside, I feel that he largely created the opening 7 game debacle with selfishness, moaning, petty score settling and setting the false vibe. Add to that the fofana farce (not of his doing tbf)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Some simple points

- The way he acted, the words he used, the position he put our club in financially. I’ll never forget, and from now until he leaves he’s just the bloke in charge of the team and nothing more to me.

- It’s all playing out perfectly for him now too, media will buy in beautifully to the “more players” narrative as Faes has changed us. 

- It’s okay to appreciate some good decision making and enjoy the run we’re currently on at the same time as thinking point one and two… we support our club not one manager or one player. 

Rodger’s isn’t responsible for the clubs finances, he doesn’t negotiate contracts, nobody could have seen how bad the signings Vestegaard and Bertrand have been, on paper they looked okay 

• Thanks 2

Might not be popular, but I believe Lars has had more impact on our recent good run than Brendan. 1st 7 games, scored 9 and conceded 22. 2nd 7 games we've scored 14 and conceded 3. We've always scored goals, It's the defence that has improved, something Brendan and Kole couldn't fix in 18 months. I still believe we'd better off parting ways with Brendan unless Top's going to throw +100M to over haul the squad, considering 7/8 players will be leaving at the end of the season. Special mention to Waet and Ward. 

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Rodger’s isn’t responsible for the clubs finances, he doesn’t negotiate contracts, nobody could have seen how bad the signings Vestegaard and Bertrand have been, on paper they looked okay 

Exactly he wouldn’t have offered Kasper, Vardy and Hamza their huge wages . 

39 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Brendan was at fault for Brentford, lord knows what he was on that day, his comments about the squad seemed weird and I was sure he’d lose the dressing room, after spurs I thought he had, but I did feel he’d been sold short by the board and was given a very tough task and I did feel I wasn’t that bothered about Rodger’s being here as long as he got the players giving 100%, and that he has, and to give him credit, to continue with Ward has paid off, I never would have thought it so fair play.

Pretty much how I feel. I was late to turn Rodgers out, I'm patient with all managers, since all managers have purple patches.

Whilst we're playing like this, I'm happy. I don't understand the dislike his dour post match interviews. He could murder kittens and fart a massive hole in the ozone layer - if we win games playing well, I don't care.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I love managers that can manage their way out of a hole. It's a massive green flag. 

The flipside, I feel that he largely created the opening 7 game debacle with selfishness, moaning, petty score settling and setting the false vibe. Add to that the fofana farce (not of his doing tbf)

His attitude and sulking definitely had an effect on the start of the season. 

I’m glad he’s parked that for now and is doing the job but i’m pretty sure he’s working a new angle. 

A recovery from a horror start after not being backed in the window would do wonders for his PR. 

Either way as long as it keeps getting us points he can play his games. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Lack of incoming transfers isn't Rodger's fault though. 

It is a little. Some of the guff he’s signed and been unable to shift has hugely contributed to the position the club is currently in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

This doesn’t really stack up when no one outside the top 4 have scored more goals than us this season.

Under BR attacking has never been our problem, throughout most of his reign we average close to 2 goals a game. Even when we are struggling we score lots of goals.

We are the top scoring side away from home in the league. 

Now look at the goals we have scored. We have more goals from outside the box than any other team. That's not management that's player quality. 

Just saying. Scoring great goals and creating Goals is totally different. 

Maybe I am just too stuck in my decision, but I'm staying in the Out camp. 

If we had been creating 10/15 chances a game then I'd agree, but we don't. 

Just now, Spiritwalker said:

During the post match interview he did mention the difficult summer, and that his job is to improve 

what we’ve got. He just can’t help himself.

What's factually wrong about that statement though?

We have no money. 

He isn't in control of finances.

Dont you think hed like to go out and spend £200m if he could? His hands are tied.

I've firmly been out, but he's slowly redeeming himself.

• Like 1