Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

16 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Rodger’s isn’t responsible for the clubs finances, he doesn’t negotiate contracts, nobody could have seen how bad the signings Vestegaard and Bertrand have been, on paper they looked okay 

I’ll elaborate…. By being so public and  open about our issues he made the transfers he so badly craved impossible…

Just now, tom27111 said:

What's factually wrong about that statement though?

We have no money. 

He isn't in control of finances.

Dont you think hed like to go out and spend £200m if he could? His hands are tied.

I've firmly been out, but he's slowly redeeming himself.

Nothing factually wrong but my main beef with Rodgers is his continual self promotion at the expense of

everyone else.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Nice to see him earning his money and having the team playing to their level. Always out for me as he's a knob and abysmal when there's any pressure or doubt.

Will be nice if we can finish the mid season on over 1ppg though. 

The flip flopping is gross lol

So he was under no pressure are losing 6 of the first 7?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I’ll elaborate…. By being so public and  open about our issues he made the transfers he so badly craved impossible…

Did he? I thought it was always a case we needed to shift the fringe players to get anyone else in, but those fringe players are on super inflated contracts.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So he was under no pressure are losing 6 of the first 7?

I think its a bit more nuanced personally. His record in high pressure games where something tangible is at stake is pretty abysmal outside of the 2021 FA Cup run. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Nothing factually wrong but my main beef with Rodgers is his continual self promotion at the expense of

everyone else.

Welcome to the boring world of media trained managers and players.

He's taking pressure off his players too.

Nothing he says will make a headline.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dames said:

I think its a bit more nuanced personally. His record in high pressure games where something tangible is at stake is pretty abysmal outside of the 2021 FA Cup run. 

Maybe, always think this squad has lack the on the pitch leaders as well which hasn't helped.

I argue we delivered under pressure away in Rennes and PSV last season. 

Edited by coolhandfox

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I was Rodgers Out because of the results and I thought he was done. But there is no shame on changing your opinion when that reality changes. Some of you are now clinging on to a vendetta in some weird effort to demonstrate how clever you were before. It's pathetic. I don't understand why loads of you are clutching at press conference comments to justify it. Grow up.

The only things I care about is, are the players behind him and are we getting results. Things have turned a corner and now I’m moving to Rodgers in, his comments I don’t care about, just what happens on the pitch. 

• Like 3

Beginning of the season I was Brendan in and moved into the "happy with whatever the board does with him" camp at the lowest point. Still in that camp but it's certainly looking like he'll be sticking around for good little while longer. 

Just now, moore_94 said:

Since the Forest game

image.png.388c7b16192561cd35b04511fc50e262.png

Impressive form.

Interesting that a team that sacked their manager finds themselves at the bottom and we've kept ours and are near the top.

Are we giving him benefit of the doubt now ?? 😂😂- as said before he is still an absolute bell end but it is and it always has been about results - keep em coming Brendan you horrible tw*t and I’ll quite happily keep repeating this message - long live the results 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I was Rodgers Out because of the results and I thought he was done. But there is no shame on changing your opinion when that reality changes. Some of you are now clinging on to a vendetta in some weird effort to demonstrate how clever you were before. It's pathetic. I don't understand why loads of you are clutching at press conference comments to justify it. Grow up.

And you've changed your opinion because we're just outside the relegation zone. That's even worse. Couple of bad results and we're back in it with half the season gone.

Lots of people's issues weren't just they we were doing badly on the pitch or had lost a few games, they are far greater and dee rooted. Frankly things that we have no evidence if they have changed. I think the opinion of Rodgers should be a longer term decision, and that's the element he has earned because of the success he had for a couple of years. If people only changed to Rodgers out a few games ago then it's clear they are only focused on the results (which is of course the biggest thing to worry about) but ignoring the wider context. The long term health of the club is in the balance and he's a massive part of that situation, like it or not. The upturn in results has earned him a little more time though.

Let's wait and see how things pan out. How some are celebrating the fact we're just above the drop zone with this quality of player, is a great indication of how disastrous this season has been.

And apologies, if people are throwing personal insults because they have a different opinion from others; I haven't read the thread recently. I'm just stating that going from Rodgers in a few games into the season, then Rodgers out and now back to thinking he should stay is madness. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I thought at the end of the game there might have been a ‘Brendan Rodgers blue army”, but there wasn’t. Nice to see the crowd getting behind Ward though.

Ward's really turned it around. Whilst the general sentiment that we needed better was fair, the hysteria surrounding him was ridiculously over the top.

I’ll hold my hands up and say that Brendan has managed to do something I didn’t think he was capable of… making us much harder to beat. Way too many times since he’s been here I’ve felt teams have had an easy day out. 

We do still however create very little but the biggest problem was the defence and he’s improved it. Still Rodgers out though 🤣

Look, it's still massively up for debate how our football club goes in the future, this season is the most important, then we go from there.

Rodgers and the whole squad have a lot of making up to do.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, but we certainly seem to have turned a corner.

We've been spoilt rotten in the last few years and we expect a lot now and rightly so.

This could be a season of consolidation, most of you would've taken 17th in goal different 6 weeks ago.

Let's just be sensible about it. Yeah, it's shite being low in the league and losing to Bournemouth, but a new boss would want his own squad...we can't afford that.

It's bloody frustrating, but we still have the potential, and the time, to have a decent season.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm as vocal as anyone about him in the past and if I'm proven wrong like I often am then that's fine by me.

We evidently look a different team to 6 weeks ago and what I will say is, of all the plaudits Rodgers has rightly or wrongly been credited with over the years, taking a team that were the worst defensive team the PL has ever seen for a chunk of games to getting 5 clean sheets in 7 games is jaw dropping.

That impresses me massively. I hope he is truly reborn as a manager here, it would be quite some turnaround. Most managers don't get a chance to prove right or wrong fans, pundits, clubs etc when they've been part of such a horrifying start to the season but he's been given that chance and so far is showing he is capable of doing it and is likely going to revel in a bit of finger pointing.

That 2nd half performance tonight was spot on for me, I was pretty frustrated 1st half as a few too many looked off it and sloppy in a game that we were well on top but 2nd half was bang on it.

....we have played some diabolical teams, we have developed a positive attitude overnight, and I suspected anyone new coming in would have achieved as much!!!

This is not a squad of helpless also-rans, this is a squad of excellent players, now fused with a defender and coach who knows what they are doing.

• Like 1