Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

27 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Nothing much has really changed, apart from a few wins which bring the feel good factor.

The problems remain! We have managed to expose the weaker teams problems areas, whilst they have not been able to expose or capitalise on ours. Where would we be without Tielemans goals of the month? Also their impact against teams who struggle to score is huge in my opinion in the respective games.

If we put in a similar performance against West Ham as we have done against Everton, then possibly I'll consider that the addition of Faes has hugely helped to solidify the defence, and made us a team that could be considered mid table rather than relegation candidates, which still amazes me! Yet if that's all it is, that is a recruitment success rather than a managerial one, but BR has picked him to play.

What happened with Man City then? A blip? Yes, we lost but only a fool would say we didn't play well

Edited by Dahnsouff

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

What happened with Man City then? A blip? Yes, we lost but only a fool would say we didn't play well

And yet, using your word not mine, only a fool would believe that we didn't have a problem at the start of the season, what has been the significant impact, that has seen us perform at a far better level, set piece coach, Faes coming into his own, BR realisation that things have to be done differently? 

Whatever it is the green shoots are getting bigger but we are only a loss away from being back in the bottom 3, its still a concern, but it is getting better. For that reason we should stick with him for now, to see just how far we can progress.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vazman said:

And yet, using your word not mine, only a fool would believe that we didn't have a problem at the start of the season, what has been the significant impact, that has seen us perform at a far better level, set piece coach, Faes coming into his own, BR realisation that things have to be done differently? 

Whatever it is the green shoots are getting bigger but we are only a loss away from being back in the bottom 3, its still a concern, but it is getting better. For that reason we should stick with him for now, to see just how far we can progress.

For sure, that’s was my point, nothing much has changed is not true, something has, quite what is unclear and we seem better, long may it continue.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

For sure, that’s was my point, nothing much has changed is not true, something has, quite what is unclear and we seem better, long may it continue.

Rodgers is reading the changing room and responding , even stubborn Ulstermen can learn it seems.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

If an approach came in from another club that wanted Rodgers, would you be happy if he went? Just gauging popularity now vs 5/6 weeks ago.

Yes. I still think he has passed his best days he will have with us (and yes the cup win and back to back 5th places set the bar high so there’s nothing wrong with that). 

Of course we are all happy with the improvement in recent weeks and fair enough to BR for his part in that. 

Ultimately, I still feel, at this moment in time, we are more happy due to an improvement on the incredible levels of mediocrity (at best) and shit (at worse) that he himself has set. Has he achieved anything by beating Forest, Wolves, Leeds and Everton that we wouldn’t expect from another manager with this squad? I’d say no. Yes the away wins have been very good wins but also more surprising due to the such poor away form in this calendar year. 

The need to sack him that was there in the international break between Spurs and Forest is not there, at least not urgently and unless we plummet again. However if we were to be paid for him going elsewhere, do it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

If an approach came in from another club that wanted Rodgers, would you be happy if he went? Just gauging popularity now vs 5/6 weeks ago.

Probably. 

Happy he's turned it around, and long may that continue. But if he did go, I probably wouldn't be that fussed. 

57 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Rodgers has stopped trying to get himself sacked! 

I think he realized what another firing would look like on his CV when coaches were being hired to fix his shortcomings.

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Rather listen to him, than the total shit that comes over this forum.

I still don't see anything wrong in what he has previously said..Only fans wanting to cherry pick,certain points from interviews...Having a go at club situation & occasionally slagging off team or individual is part & partial of what All managers open mandate allows..

He claimed it was too warm in October…..

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

So ****ing what..

I would say it's more you and others have a problem by hanging on every word of this or any football manager..

It's bloody hilarious..

So fcuking what? 

When I pay good money to watch football, I don’t want to be lied too by utter bullshit

13 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Yes. I still think it's hit a bit of a natural conclusion. Albeit it's good that some of the toxicity of early season has passed somewhat.

32 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

He claimed it was too warm in October…..

....the team struggled due to the temperature against Brentford, and we only made one substitution as opposed to Brentford who used their compliment. Why not use the subs available and stop complaining about the heat.

He wasn't seeing what he wanted to see in training with Soyuncu (he said) but now he has been a model professional and a pleasure to work with. We saw a player well strapped up in training and yet brought him in to play the only formation that was right for the game, but we did not have the personnel to execute the plan, and now that player has a hamstring problem. 

I find him to be disingenuous and do not trust his motives or what he says.

7 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

So fcuking what? 

When I pay good money to watch football, I don’t want to be lied too by utter bullshit

You poor boy...

So some silly words from a football manager, creates a massive lie conspiracy...

Then create a massive agenda.

Stupid statement,stupid reactions..

It's the football that's important,not Soap-opera dramatics on some miscued statements..

It's a big world go out and discover it.....

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

You poor boy...

So some silly words from a football manager, creates a massive lie conspiracy...

Then create a massive agenda.

Stupid statement,stupid reactions..

It's the football that's important,not Soap-opera dramatics on some miscued statements..

It's a big world go out and discover it.....

A lie conspiracy? I haven’t got a clue what you are going on about. 

You can through all of my posts on Rodgers; I’m not a huge critic but his verbal nonsense shows disrespect to fans and the club. 

He’s still not clapping the fans after the game to thank them for the support for roughly about six weeks now. I think that’s a real poor show to the people who have backed him a quiet section of the support who don’t go nuts at every loss or every decision. 

Cheers mate as well I’m more than aware it’s a big world out there - take a look at my posting history/threads like ground hopping etc 

10 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I don’t think he did tbf. He just said the players worked hard on what was a hot day.

‘’They ran themselves into the ground today, it was a hot day as well for them, but they pressed the game, they kept fighting.”

The temperature was recorded at 13 degrees Celsius 

• Like 1

Some of you lot really seem to be struggling with our improvement in form.

Managers can have bad patches and then get better. It's ok. Just be happy that we're better defensively and we're also scoring goals.

You don't have to wait in anticipation for our next loss so you can smash your keyboard with your fists.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

So fcuking what? 

So if he did leave you wouldn’t be happy with Klopp? Too many excuses to mention, dry pitches, snow the day before, windy 

Pep? The other team didn’t play the tactics I wanted them too…

Arsene I didn’t see it Wenger 

Alex we were playing in gray Ferguson

Kenny Dalglish the balls were too bouncy

Jose Mourinho there were no ball boys

These are off the top of my head, with a bit of research you could find a million examples from every manager that ever lived as to why their team lost.

I would suggest, if you don’t want to be lied to, don’t listen to the interview with the manager who lost a game.

Didn’t someone blame a defeat on the Notting Hill Carnival too? maybe Moyes or Pardew at West Ham