Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

14 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

So if he did leave you wouldn’t be happy with Klopp? Too many excuses to mention, dry pitches, snow the day before, windy 

Pep? The other team didn’t play the tactics I wanted them too…

Arsene I didn’t see it Wenger 

Alex we were playing in gray Ferguson

Kenny Dalglish the balls were too bouncy

Jose Mourinho there were no ball boys

These are off the top of my head, with a bit of research you could find a million examples from every manager that ever lived as to why their team lost.

I would suggest, if you don’t want to be lied to, don’t listen to the interview with the manager who lost a game.

Didn’t someone blame a defeat on the Notting Hill Carnival too? maybe Moyes or Pardew at West Ham

Generally speaking those managers didn't really dig out at the club or in the process, the fans in the lead-up to the excuses. Mourinho possibly yes. Equally they had enough statute and credit in the bank to do so. When your team has excelled for a continued spell, I can take an excuse to take the heat off but when you've been poor for countless months, it's self-protecting nonsense. 

Those managers all use siege mentality as part of uniting the fans - us v them. Sometimes overstepping the mark into hysteria but nonetheless the fans become united. 

Rodgers did't use the siege mentality opportunity this summer, he continually digged all summer and created a mixed message leading to a feeling of instability ( e.g. rebuild comments, treatment of Praet/Iheanacho, not too much said about Kasper's departure, contract indecision amongst players). 

I can separate Rodgers' management. I am not clouded ; I can see the improvement in recent weeks (you can even see that a few posts back) and I don't have the same downer about missed opportunities like some do. 5th was a superb achievement over two seasons - the big clubs chase you down like an evil force. There was a spell in the second season of finishing 5th where as a manager he was excelling brilliant (Leeds 1 Leicester 4). Equally the first rise of us that spell between October and December was as good as it gets watching your team. 

But he talks utter crap. The club needed leadership over the last few months with a clear, concise messaging. Rodgers seemingly can't do that output that on the outside. Scratching my head given what we do know behind the scenes (the envelopes/Gucci Belt) but he's kept the players playing for him. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

A lie conspiracy? I haven’t got a clue what you are going on about. 

You can through all of my posts on Rodgers; I’m not a huge critic but his verbal nonsense shows disrespect to fans and the club. 

He’s still not clapping the fans after the game to thank them for the support for roughly about six weeks now. I think that’s a real poor show to the people who have backed him a quiet section of the support who don’t go nuts at every loss or every decision. 

Cheers mate as well I’m more than aware it’s a big world out there - take a look at my posting history/threads like ground hopping etc 

:frantics::bounce:.    Fk me arguing over statements and not clapping, after this

Manager over this year, pushed the players to go over and clap fans..

Ever thought he wants the players to take the plaudits & spotlight...

Think about different perspectives before you post...Making up gruff is a waste ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

A lie conspiracy? I haven’t got a clue what you are going on about. 

You can through all of my posts on Rodgers; I’m not a huge critic but his verbal nonsense shows disrespect to fans and the club. 

He’s still not clapping the fans after the game to thank them for the support for roughly about six weeks now. I think that’s a real poor show to the people who have backed him a quiet section of the support who don’t go nuts at every loss or every decision. 

Cheers mate as well I’m more than aware it’s a big world out there - take a look at my posting history/threads like ground hopping etc 

Then why waste precious time & just let statements flow...nobody thinks he's belittling fans.....The scary monster is there if you go looking for it,and chase only virtual demons...

Besides seriously I am more interested

in your ground hopping,more fascinating than any football managers

Quirky of non importance misconstrued statements.

So long as he says that the football side & on pitch performances & player understanding is his responsibility I am totally indifferent to any managers offshoot blabberings.

He could tell us that a warm front coming up the Irish coast, & full moon shining through Molly Malone's silky white dress were mitigating circumstances for a  shabby performances,and if we had  half moon

Barnes would have had a hatrick then I  would of stayed with the players to clap & recognise their support, though moonshined  COSBEHFox going through his ground hopping routine..

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

‘’They ran themselves into the ground today, it was a hot day as well for them, but they pressed the game, they kept fighting.”

The temperature was recorded at 13 degrees Celsius 

Yeah and that quote disproves your original comment? All he’s doing there is praising the players for working hard, not blaming the weather for anything. 

Just now, lifted*fox said:

I've said it before but some guys have got too much time to pick apart every little thing said in pointless media interviews that are conducted on the spot where 90% of managers come out with some senseless nonsense to appease the journalist after the game. 

Rodgers has come out with some crap but it's just that - I've never been remotely offended, never taken any of it to heart because it's easy to keep it in perspective when you really think about it. 

I hate the term, but snowflakes spring to mind - some people are v. easily upset. 

They are when it fits their agenda. 

12 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I have my issues with him, but one thing I can always give him is that he respects the cup competitions. Having seen some of the line-us put out by other premier league clubs last night, it is truly baffling how they would just so gladly throwaway their best chance of winning a trophy. 

...I  am pretty sure it is in his remit (agreement with Khun Top) that they will push for the cup competitions!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  am pretty sure it is in his remit (agreement with Khun Top) that they will push for the cup competitions!!!

Its in his remit to push to win football games? Well I never!!!

9 hours ago, Collymore said:

What was all this embargo stuff in the press conference? The start the guy in the background was saying talk about it, then at the end with ITV he was like don't talk about it... 

Can someone explain it please?

.. run of the mill journalism!!!

Some stuff are held back for the papers, the interviews are split and it all sounds more interesting than it is.

Given the personal invective by a number of posters against Rodgers in recent times , they cannot stand on their heads now. If they want to remain consistent they have to stand by their opinions. I just think he is life expired and we need a new regime , the problem being his contract and that is a very difficult barrier.

• Like 1

His transfers, overplaying players leading to injuries and isolating players makes me want him gone.

But if he continues to give Braybrooke minutes, we stay in the cup and stay up then I’ll be happy to give him until the end of the season.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hang on, I need to pull you up here. What's your explanation then for us going from looking pretty confident, determined and united as a squad in pre-season to then turning in to an utter shambles for the first few months of the season, breaking records along the way?

We suffered a huge crisis and the manager was very influential in that, he suffered one too. If you don't think his comments and behaviour on being unable to bring players in had any effect on the players who were left then by the same token anything the man has ever said that could have caused a positive influence can't be considered surely?

It's no coincidence that pretty much as soon as we put some better performances and results together has he stopped constantly saying how much we rue not being able to strengthen and that the squad lacks quality and is complacent as a result of not being able to strengthen.

Those words that he used, I defy anyone to give me a solid argument to defend him on, especially given we then nose dived off a cliff for several games. If he used it as an attempt of reverse psychology or to fire up the players to prove him wrong then it was one of the biggest disasters I've seen in quite some time and it's going to take until well in to the 2nd half of the season, showing top 7 form to truly correct that and fans who don't think that's an issue scare the hell out of me. Just what would need to happen to our club for you to say enough is enough from the manager?

I'm glad he's seemingly part of this turn around and we look much more cohesive as a team, which is a mix of confidence, belief, momentum and the work of the coaches and the players. Faes has been a revelation, Lars Knudsen seems to have been an immediate benefit and Rodgers himself has made quite striking tactical changes to get the whole team defending and moving much more intensly. Tielemans has been phenomenal in recent weeks and the way he has asked him to play by being both the defensive outlet at the back and then orchestrating passages of play that opens up the pitch for him to seem like he's everywhere has been very impressive. Let's hope this can continue tomorrow and when we resume after Xmas.

This run of more favourable games was the platform we needed and we have made the most of it. 

From my pov, I can’t care what the manager says…and how they criticise or spread the plaudits for club & players & team,don’t forget every manager will handle how they see it,they aren’t Gods,and feel pressure & will come out with

absolute twaddle…I don’t over Analyse..

Your 1st & 4th paragraph I agree with…,I was still on the fence towards EOS,but how we began this season in performance was too much, & I wanted to see change…This was where he was failing…

Talks must of taken place over the summer,where we the fans were just far off on our thoughts & ideas & far of being savy towards finances & investment for high quality players,and what would be the immediate new mandate for Rodgers,because of club not releasing funds…

Rodgers has turned it around…at present I have no others thoughts than support him

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

His transfers, overplaying players leading to injuries and isolating players makes me want him gone.

But if he continues to give Braybrooke minutes, we stay in the cup and stay up then I’ll be happy to give him until the end of the season.

You can’t overplay players…He’s also nursed players back…

He has a medical team & player themselves to help him with descision…

water off a ducks back,trying to force an issue of overplaying players,in

a run in towards EOS,& first 10 Games into a season..

Injuries..They are just hard unfair coincidences in careers & season..

The manager doesn’t run around with a whip…physically or Phsycologically..

Look last season at our chronic injury list, and realise recuperation and fight for for is today a long drag…

look at other clubs top & also fans,who miss just 2-3 top players,for months..

Our title season was also unique in the fact,we had few long term drop outs,

since then no PL team has had such positive runs..

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Our title season was also unique in the fact,we had few long term drop outs,

since then no PL team has had such positive runs..

Pearson had them well conditioned, we were exceptionally fit in the Championship, and just as fit the next season, we had an exceptionally good staff working with the players, we have lost that!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

People can change in the short term, but eventually they more often than not revert back to their core self and beliefs. We've seen Rodgers go into safety mode before and then switch back. So I wouldn't be surprised to see us look like different team again after the break.

....I do not see him reverting to his old self, not with Faes and Knudsen in their roles!!!

Leadership on the pitch and organization from the back to the midfield. We got rid of Congerton to get back control of the players coming in, and we bring in staff to support him, he can't revert to type because there are people out there who are going to question his poor decisions.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

@fuchsntf you could watch a live stream of Rodgers slaughtering orphans and you'd still not hear a bad word said about the man

"He was simply ending the cruel life that had been dealt to them, hes a martyr" :D

Fair play to you for bothering to read his posts, I try to but need a translator to make sense of the insane ramblings. 

• Haha 1