Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Sometimes it just take one player with the personality to turn things around, fair play to the club finding a gem in Faes, I had never heard of him until a couple of months ago.  Fair play to Rodgers as, he has to take some of the plaudits when we win, just as he has to take criticism when we lose, not the personal kind like some on here........Perhaps he has found his mojo again, when your under pressure you can quite easily fail. 

I thought he was a goner and it was only a matter of time, but I am happy to be proved wrong because I just want my team to do well.  Now it feels he's starting to earn his big fat salary again and show he's a good coach that we've seen, and not the Rodgers of the last year or so, long may it continue. 

Just now, goose2010 said:

His latest one is playing like prime Cannovaro 

It seems a bit too much of Leicester signing to me.

Celtic had the same complaint. He's rarely made signing that improve the first team--and what we desperately need is that in abundance.

I honestly hope he's gone next season. The injuries, transfers and isolating players are enough for that. I doubt he wants to stay either.

I’m genuinely ecstatic that the club I have loved for nearly 30 years are in great form but if someone even suggests that calling our early form in the season as “fickle” or I “need to eat humble pie” can get in the bin.

A reminder that we have still lost 8 games this season (out of 15) BUT let’s enjoy the break with fresh optimism rather than telling someone else how they should (or shouldn’t) feel about Rodgers.

Loving the clean sheets almost as much as anything….such a contrast from the first 7 games!

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 3

I've been quiet recently as most of you will of seen I really wanted Rodgers out but fair play to him he seems to have turned it around and we are playing well. Whilst I probably will never like Rodgers whilst we are playing well and getting results he can stay. Just hope it continues 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Get over your own prejudices and support the club is my considered amateur conclusion

They are my prejudies - gained form my experience of watching his football and his antics - It's great if we will matches - but do you warm to him as someone who you respect?  Really?

• Haha 1

Just now, foxinsocks said:

They are my prejudies - gained form my experience of watching his football and his antics - It's great if we will matches - but do you warm to him as someone who you respect?  Really?

He isn’t my missus, my mate and he never will be, why are people expecting a connection with him? The connection is with the club. 
He like every manager is transitory, if you expect more, that’s on you not the manager I am afraid.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Rodgers is a cvnt and always will be - he can win matches and lose matches - but he is not worthy of our respect or to be associated with our club

That’s a dreadful thing to say and totally unacceptable. There is no place for that kind of personal abuse on here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

He isn’t my missus, my mate and he never will be, why are people expecting a connection with him? The connection is with the club. 
He like every manager is transitory, if you expect more, that’s on you not the manager I am afraid.

I want a leader I can trust in.   When the going gets tough you see the real person -  I was not impressed.  I may be naïve but I want a manager I can be proud to follow.  I went to a presentation by strorming norman once - he was a guy who literally had to lay their lives on the line with unquestioning loyalty - he explained that they have to know that he was taking decisions with that in mind and was taking t best possible care - yet I see brendan who just acts in the interest of no 1

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Is it though? Bertrand and Vestergaard aside, has he made a bad signing for us?

I've said this many times before but we really never know who is the driving force behind most transfers. 

I'm pretty certain BR was never over in Belgium scouting Faes but he gets the credit for him.