Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I think Rodgers has burnt a lot of bridges throughout the summer and early season, and severely damaged his relationship with the fans - potentially irreparably with some - through his conduct, comments, and mannerisms.

However, for me he deserves credit for one thing in particular - whatever you takeaway from Rodgers for his management style and personal qualities he was in unknown territory as a professional manager. He has been at Leicester the longest of any club in his career and our performances were showing major Rodgers-style cracks and we looked a shell of the team he’d taken to 5th.

However, this time he appears to have steadied the ship and hopefully successfully negotiated this period.

We all knew our squad had a lot of quality, despite obvious areas of weakness, and a lot our frustration stemmed from Rodgers and the coaching team being unable to set them up in a manner that effectively earned results.

Recently, we’ve got ahead, won well, and game managed those wins very efficiently. Hopefully this period is a defining moment in Rodgers’ career, and we can press on and continue to climb the table. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Respect should be shown BR has turned things around at the club ,

Just remember that he is the one who turned things to shite in the first place.

He gets credit for fixing his own Fcuk Up !!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Why has my Rodgers in or out poll been deleted? I'm starting to feel that FT is not a democratic forum 😅

He’d even get an in from me at the minute (until the end of the season).

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry @foxinsocks but who is the idealistic manager template you think Rodgers should follow/imitate?

Is it Nigel Pearson? Or some fictional person?

I was not big on Nige - but I never questioned his integrity. 

I have worked for many great leader - who I did not question and in whom I trusted.  Integrity is key.  Most good leaders stand with their guts thru thibk and thin - look at most PL managers - but that's not what rodgers did is it?

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I have worked for many great leader - who I did not question and in whom I trusted.  Integrity is key.  Most good leaders stand with their guts thru thibk and thin - look at most PL managers - but that's not what rodgers did is it?

He is a quiet considered man, does not do shouting or cajoling, just a bit dull and quite prone to cringe comments.

None of these things are requirements for a manager, and there is also no reason think that his ‘troops’ do not like or follow him

If you don’t like the man, fine, but surely you must accept he has done well recently?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Respect should be shown BR has turned things around at the club ,

Your right, but he's far too inconsistent.

Every season you never know if your going to get relegated or win the champions league!

14 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I want a leader I can trust in.   When the going gets tough you see the real person -  I was not impressed.  I may be naïve but I want a manager I can be proud to follow.  I went to a presentation by strorming norman once - he was a guy who literally had to lay their lives on the line with unquestioning loyalty - he explained that they have to know that he was taking decisions with that in mind and was taking t best possible care - yet I see brendan who just acts in the interest of no 1

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is a quiet considered man, does not do shouting or cajoling, just a bit dull and quite prone to cringe comments.

None of these things are requirements for a manager, and there is also no reason think that his ‘troops’ do not like or follow him

If you don’t like the man, fine, but surely you must accept he has done well recently?

I started by saying he can win or he can lose and at the mo he is winning  - good.  But it doens't make him some one I can support

On 22/09/2022 at 20:05, BluethroughtheMiddle said:

Dont shoot me..

Yes his recent form as manager has been shit. But he hasn't had the ability to strengthen/update the squad as he wanted.

Top is a fan of loyalty no doubt  and there's something to be said for that!

Ferguson had some very bad early years before it came together

If we get demoted I'm sure he will be gone, until then, I think he will be here, trying to make it work.

It's very, very frustrating for us but... We ain't a top 5 team.

We shouldn't be a bottom 5 team either.

Let's see.

So the 10 people who laughed at this are thinking what now?

27 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think you’ve just got to swallow whatever you don’t like about the man. In the end, there are 2 things that keep a coach in; results and players.

Granted the results have been a serious problem, but the team has ultimately turned it around and he is being judged accordingly.

Secondly the players have never appeared to waver in following Rodgers. The leaders of the squad have a “supposed” history in getting  coaches sacked and yet have chosen not to do so.

Top flight football is a very arrogant game full of hideously arrogant people. Some just hide it better than others (not Rodgers lol).

• Like 1