Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Credit where credit is due, we might as well keep him until the end of the season. At that point I think its best for everyone if we part ways before a busy summer transfer window.

...you do not believe Khun Top went through all that, to let him go at the end of the season!!!

It wasn't Top versus Rodgers, it was Khun Top versus the players, and he won that battle. Knudsen's conversations will be interesting with Kasper at the World Cup, will there be a meeting of minds or a cordial work environment?

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

It seems a bit too much of Leicester signing to me.

Celtic had the same complaint. He's rarely made signing that improve the first team--and what we desperately need is that in abundance.

I honestly hope he's gone next season. The injuries, transfers and isolating players are enough for that. I doubt he wants to stay either.

Right ok so when a signing works out it's not a Rodgers signing it's a Leicester signing? 

Ok.... 

The injuries have nothing to do with him at all either. 

23 hours ago, filbertway said:

@fuchsntf you could watch a live stream of Rodgers slaughtering orphans and you'd still not hear a bad word said about the man

"He was simply ending the cruel life that had been dealt to them, hes a martyr" :D

But he hasnt slaughtered orphans…

and once again..I don’t get carried away by managers statements…

I have lived and seen in most west European countries , Mexico and central America…..picked up languages..and decided after 60+ yrs, I don’t take their words seriously,but what they produce on the pitch…

Rodger has produced & also has had dips..

For us he has had (IMHO) had better highs on a longer basis than most…

and has hit ,again IMO , a 14 month drop off…with small patches of building hope.

I was fed up of the football performances…This season he again started poor…

I wouldn’t of been disappointed if the club had departed their ways…

Hes turned it around it seems,so I am happy to wait…

Where I have cringed,where after 8-9 months,total crap was written over him using

statements or interviews, twisting and turning words,just like the media often does,

coming from within side this forum….Whatever….it’s just pathetic crap..,!

I don’t chase a managers words,trying to make a bigger story than the football being presented & performed…If you like soap-opera tactics…poor you…

but just my opinion,which according to the moaners is everybody’s right..

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
31 minutes ago, Matt said:

Abso-bloody-lutely.

Credit where credits due that he's actually changed the style - it's been a long time coming.

We've seen it before only to go back to his way but this time his change seems to be for a longer, sustained period, long may it continue.

I fear post World Cup it'll be back to his way but that's something worry about when we resume.

As i've just said in the post-match thread, in recent weeks we've seen far less possession than the pointless possession we've become accustomed to in the last 2 years, is there any coincidence we've had less but doing far more with what we have - more effective, efficient, exciting football, arguably having more success for it?

You were only posting what c.95% of the forum were thinking Matt.

At least you showed your cards.

The revival has been amazing tbf

He came over to the away fans for the first time in a while today and really lingered after the players had gone. He got a great response and looked delighted. I don't think anybody saw this run coming so huge credit to him for turning things round. We've now only got a couple of games before January when it sounds like we might have a bit of money to spend so hopefully we can push on. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I was not big on Nige - but I never questioned his integrity. 

I have worked for many great leader - who I did not question and in whom I trusted.  Integrity is key.  Most good leaders stand with their guts thru thibk and thin - look at most PL managers - but that's not what rodgers did is it?

Sorry but what evil has Rodgers conjured up…

Leadership has many faces,sometimes it’s the the followers who have closed minds,or singular thought….
like I don’t like this leaders ways,it must be wrong,it can’t be my Attitude..

For instance is Peps magic waning,is Franks going to drive Brentford to 6 titles.

let’s all wade in on Pep..

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Is it though? Bertrand and Vestergaard aside, has he made a bad signing for us?

Look mate,I like your posts, but neither Rodgers or any PL manager has a major say on signings, he will influence descisions on what type and who he “would”

like…but that’s all..

Their job begins once a player is signed .IMO he’s done well with his squad resources…not being able to bring in people hasn’t much to do with manager.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It seems a bit too much of Leicester signing to me.

Celtic had the same complaint. He's rarely made signing that improve the first team--and what we desperately need is that in abundance.

I honestly hope he's gone next season. The injuries, transfers and isolating players are enough for that. I doubt he wants to stay either.

Do you always write gruselig horror stories…

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Powers of recovery like I've never seen. Still think he's here for himself first and the club second mind. 

Of course he’s bloody here for himself,same as all of us in our jobs…

we do it it firstly for ourselves…exception people in services..

what a bloody lazy continual load of rubbish,the knack of demeaning every sports coach on social media….

• Like 2

I think some people focus far too much on a manager’s personality in interviews instead of what they do with the players or how we perform. It’s very difficult to give answers to inane questions immediately after a game whatever the result.

People expect them to be truthful, open and honest, whilst at the same time playing the part of the diplomat and politician. It’s true that Brendan tends towards mealy mouthed cliches just as Pearson was irritable and acerbic.  

I was pro BR for a long time when so many were against him, but did believe earlier this season that he’d have to leave. I’m still not certain that he’s the right man for us with a major reset approaching in terms of playing staff. We also could still pay a heavy price for our appalling start this season. 

If, however, we ended up finishing the season in (say for example) the top ten. Then I think he’d have done a pretty fine job given the circumstances of no summer signings and so many players running their contracts down. I wouldn’t really give a **** what he says about the board, the fans or any of his David Brent-isms. I only care about how well he’s done as a bloody football manager! 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

He came over to the away fans for the first time in a while today and really lingered after the players had gone. He got a great response and looked delighted. I don't think anybody saw this run coming so huge credit to him for turning things round. We've now only got a couple of games before January when it sounds like we might have a bit of money to spend so hopefully we can push on. 

...everyone saw these games as great opportunities to pick up points, why are we all so surprised at the amount of points we have garnered!!!

We played teams with no fire power upfront, they created chances,  just no one to take advantage and put them away. 

The upturn in form was to be expected when Rodgers finally decided to go another way, he said so in an interview. 

Let us see where the January window takes us, we are already good enough for top six with the  players we have, let us see what Glover can pull out of the hat.

• Like 1