Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

I’m still

not convinced. I don’t doubt he can coach but I don’t like him as a person and never have.

Ahh now thats really the crux of most of the nonsense on here, not whether he's turned it around or anything with facts in the mix, "I don't like him",  well at least it's honest!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Birkdale Fox said:

I did actually bump into him as he temporarily moved up to Southport during lockdown and he chatted to me for ages, said he loved both the club and city and appeared to me to be a really decent bloke. 

Ooooh, dont come on here saying such things lad!

People dont want to know facts like that d'ya hear.

Make something up like... He kicked my dog and spat at me. 😐

• Haha 3

My favourite time of meeting Rodgers was when a rangers fan stopped him and thanked him for making Scottish football enjoyable again. There was also that time to old woman stopped brendan to thank him for giving her a new lease of life lol

• Haha 2

I didn't think he could turn this around, but fair play to him, he is doing so at the minute. In terms of our league position we are still underachieving in my opinion, but that is certainly not down to our recent form. Knudsen coming into the coaching setup appears to have made a massive difference. I'm speculating, but it almost feels like we have two managers at the minute, one doing the more gritty and dirty side of the game and the other focussing on our attacking play. We look so much more balanced. 

I'm not having the 'I told you so' brigade just yet, but I am very happy with our improvement. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

My favourite time of meeting Rodgers was when a rangers fan stopped him and thanked him for making Scottish football enjoyable again. There was also that time to old woman stopped brendan to thank him for giving her a new lease of life lol

It's the only time Mrs Rodgers gets to see him. 😐

• Haha 1

Let’s just be happy a realise we have a great coach who has managed to turn things around. Im 50 and have seen some terrible times but this isn’t one of them and have faith in the management. 
Stability is key to any premier team and we’ve had it now for a few years for the first time in a while. 
I wobbled a bit in my belief like everyone but I’m very happy with a bit of consistency and peace to hopefully build on for the future. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..  last season we were praying not to give him any money, most accepted it was the best way to go!!!

Perhaps now Glover is here and with Knudsen, between them we may bring in some quality.

I wasn’t praying,or kneeling towards Mecca,or chanting around the totem

I don’t come within this brand of “we”

Some of us stay calm & balanced.  Daffy-duck outbursts ,unknowledgable statements only builds to personal frustration…Life has its own difficulties,without

creating pastime ones…

I wanted him out but I'm happy he's doing well, because that means we're doing well. The way things are going, if we carry this momentum onto the 2nd part of the season, I can see Chelsea sniffing around and even Spurs if Conte leaves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonaldinho said:

He came over to the away fans for the first time in a while today and really lingered after the players had gone. He got a great response and looked delighted. I don't think anybody saw this run coming so huge credit to him for turning things round. We've now only got a couple of games before January when it sounds like we might have a bit of money to spend so hopefully we can push on. 

Exactly. I thought the same. I was adamantly out but he’s turned it around and deserved that moment today. I still think his attitude/ego set us off to a poor start, but he has redeemed himself somewhat recently. Long may it continue 

Yes it was like watching somebody in a pub at closing time, who has spotted a girl and is desperate for everybody else to go, so he says good night to all of them and then enjoys the moment when he is alone with her, except BR was the guy and we in the away end were the girl.

he has turned things around massively so he fully deserved his moment and a perfect way to close the first half of the season .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, East Langton Fox said:

Yes it was like watching somebody in a pub at closing time, who has spotted a girl and is desperate for everybody else to go, so he says good night to all of them and then enjoys the moment when he is alone with her, except BR was the guy and we in the away end were the girl.

he has turned things around massively so he fully deserved his moment and a perfect way to close the first half of the season .

Did that turn sexual as you were writing it or did it just feel sexual at the time whilst feeling like a girl as Brendan approached?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I didn't think he could turn this around, but fair play to him, he is doing so at the minute. In terms of our league position we are still underachieving in my opinion, but that is certainly not down to our recent form. Knudsen coming into the coaching setup appears to have made a massive difference. I'm speculating, but it almost feels like we have two managers at the minute, one doing the more gritty and dirty side of the game and the other focussing on our attacking play. We look so much more balanced. 

I'm not having the 'I told you so' brigade just yet, but I am very happy with our improvement. 

Sums up how I see things. Fair play to everyone involved including Rodgers on the improvement. 

I think the break has come at a bad time for us so I think I need to see how we come back from the break and whether we carry on in the same vein to be fully convinced but looks good right now!

Hes turned it around.

Well done, long may it continue.

And I was one who wanted him out.

Rather have a manager with longevity who can get over a really bad spell, dust himself down, stop sulking and get results

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Where are the fans that said they'd celebrate the opposition scoring and us losing  just to see him sacked? 

Wouldn't say I was one who was celebrating opposition scoring but I was being sarcastic and genuinely wondering why anyone was acting surprised when the opposition scored - I just didn't get it, so i'll bite, I was thoroughly fed up and at my wits end, I was at the point of not be bothered when we lost in hope it'd speed the process up, it clearly didn't.

However it was so bleeding obvious we were masters of our own downfall, bending over and asking for it, playing in a negative, inconducive way.

In recent weeks it's changed we're playing positive, effective, efficient and exciting football, is it any coincidence a) We're reaping rewards b) People are starting to enjoy it abit more and c) More positive comments about it all? (Even from me! :o)

As I said in the post-match thread, it wasn't about the results for me, even when we've been winning throughout the last 2 years it's not been enjoyable, at all. In the last 6 to 12 months results have got poorer, longer periods of losing and more frequent, that simply gave me and many others more mud to flick, more to our argument, but like I say win, draw or lose these last 2 years have been thoroughly unenjoyable.

I appreciate there are times where you're getting results but not performances, other times you're getting performances but not results, when you're only getting one, you always want the other, I was always a results over performances person, thing is, I can deal with us being shit, we've been shit for more of my time as a Leicester fan than not, what I cannot deal with is being bored of watching my team and I have for a sustained amount of time, that's where I was/am (Am = I'll give credit where credits due and praise where its due but we've seen changes before albeit briefly only to resume to his vision, his way).

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1